Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Cleaner....smells bad?

Yes, I'm new.  No, I'm not a troll or just some jerk looking to bad mouth this company or its products.  If fact, I've never been happier with the products and the customer service.

I do have to ask...

Has anyone experienced the Adam's wheel cleaner to smell really bad?  So bad that you can smell it outside the bottle?  So bad, that the smell creeped into house from the garage?

I notified Adam's customer service and told them the issue.  I thought it was the bottle, a defect in the plastic maybe?  So they sent me a new 32 oz bottle free of charge (thank you).  Well....guess what?

Once I put the cleaner in the new bottle, the same thing happened.  Its a horrible "burnt" smell,  its in-between a musty and burnt hair smell.  It must be the wheel cleaner itself.

Anyone else experience this?

Thank you

I don't usually try to smell the chemicals while cleaning, as I'm sure you don't as well.

With that being said, I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary while using the wheel cleaner.  Certainly no strong odor like you describe.

It most definitely smells rancid. I had a gallon in a room I have for my detailing supplies it made the hallway stink after 2 days it now has a new home in the barn. You can't argue the performance and as others stated all good wheel cleaners smell just as bad if not worse.

Thank you for the responses.

No question - it works great.  Very happy with their product.

Confirmed - Smells like feet and butt.

Ok, to the shed you go.  

Thank you. 

Mod Edit: Sorry, Adam likes to keep the forum a family friendly place. Easy on the swear words. Thanks.

Yea nasty stuff.  I have a wash bay in garage and cant use it or the wife blows a gasket. The smell lingers for days.  I dont use it on wheels but do paint decontamination with it. Did a Silverado yesterday and the garage still stinks. I would have done it outside yesterday but it was terribly windy.

Correct. If we don't mask the real chemical smell with the strong Cherry Vanilla cough syrup scent, then it smells like completely rotten eggs, and I really don't think customers want that. The previous Deep Wheel Cleaner had an even stronger cough syrup smell to it.

Sorry the second bottle still smells for you Vic, like I mentioned on the phone that day, it's a strong smell and I didn't think it was the bottle but wanted to send another just to be sure.  

Wheel cleaner isn't something that needs to be used all the time anyway. I only use it for heavy brake dust that won't come off with regular washing. Or maybe a twice a year decon on the wheels. It does smell horrible. But I'll continue to put up with the smell since it works so well.

Wheel cleaner isn't something that needs to be used all the time anyway. I only use it for heavy brake dust that won't come off with regular washing. Or maybe a twice a year decon on the wheels. It does smell horrible. But I'll continue to put up with the smell since it works so well.

I use it diluted 1:1 for maintenance cleaning... It just makes the wheels pop after use in a way soap & water can't seem to clean the wheel. That being said I got a gallon in a mystery box, 9 months ago? and I've still got a bit left. 

yeah. I recently recieved a gallon. was storing it in my apartment. came home after work and my whole apartment stunk. Had no idea what it was at first. ordered both the new tire cleaner and wheel cleaner. still have the gallon in here. will be removing that tomorrow for sure. nice to know im not the only one.