Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Wheel Woolie

Hi

I have a suggestion about a new wheel woolie. Of the 3 offered only the smallest and shortest handle one works for my rims, but because of the short handle my hand cramps up using it. It would be great if you guys came out with one that was the size of the smallest one but the length of the handles like the other two. So basically a long handled small wheel woolie. Anyone else agree?

Thanks

I believe Adam's only carries the 1 Wheel Woolie that is a 45* Angle. 

However, if you are referring to the one that has a handle thinner than a pencil then I'd have to agree. But seeing as Wheel Woolies are made by another company, this probably won't go anywhere.

You could probably get a small diameter piece of PVC and just glue/tape the woolie to the PVC. If you do attach anything to it, I would make sure you cover up the mating point really well to avoid potentially damaging your wheels from the added piece

Good point. Also the handle gets slick and tends to rotate in my hand, along with the cramps. But the tool itself works great at getting in the wheels, but the handle needs some modification.

Great tool and I use it a lot.

Though, I have the same issue. Because of the red grip spinning it's hard on my arthritic hands.

Edited by FrozenWS6

You could probably get a small diameter piece of PVC and just glue/tape the woolie to the PVC. If you do attach anything to it, I would make sure you cover up the mating point really well to avoid potentially damaging your wheels from the added piece

Thanks for the suggestion...may have to try it :)

A long handle thin wheel whoolie would be nice to get behind the brake calipers to get to the back edge of the wheel... I have the the Adam's angled wheel whoolie, unfortunately it is my least favorite wheel whoolie as I don't like the angle it has. It has become a specialty brush for certain wheels that benefit from the angle. 

Edited by wely324

Guys, again... Adam's does not make the Wheel Woolies, they are just a reseller. Google Wheel Woolies and you'll find about 100 different places you can purchase the 3 pack. The company that makes Wheel Woolies make the 45* brush exclusively for Adam's, the 3 pack is available other places.

Edit: I believe I can post this link without breaking a forum rule. They may be cheaper else where but they are available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-WBMF-CKIT-Wheel-Woolies-3-piece/dp/B005NRRNVO

Edited by Kingsford

Good point. Also the handle gets slick and tends to rotate in my hand, along with the cramps. But the tool itself works great at getting in the wheels, but the handle needs some modification.

I agree, my hand cramps up quite a bit using the wheel woolie. Been seriously considering getting the turbo stick once I get a new cordless drill.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought the wheel woodies 3 pack, and the middle sized one is the best. It would be awesome if the handle was longer. The smallest is best to be saved for the interior. For wheels I find it useless. The biggest one is good only if you don't have big brakes. The best thing is that there is no splatter, like EZ/Speed Master.

I bought the wheel woodies 3 pack, and the middle sized one is the best. It would be awesome if the handle was longer. The smallest is best to be saved for the interior. For wheels I find it useless. The biggest one is good only if you don't have big brakes. The best thing is that there is no splatter, like EZ/Speed Master.

What do you use the small one for on the interior? Asking for a friend... haha

I love using the wheel woolie, it works great on not so bad brake dust and dirt build up. But, if you try and use it on a vehicle with excessive brake dust thats been "baked" on, it has no power. It would be nice if Adam's released a stiff bristle woolie to really agitate heavy buildup behind the wheel.

I love using the wheel woolie, it works great on not so bad brake dust and dirt build up. But, if you try and use it on a vehicle with excessive brake dust thats been "baked" on, it has no power. It would be nice if Adam's released a stiff bristle woolie to really agitate heavy buildup behind the wheel.

I agree. A stiffer option to work on wheels that aren't well maintained would be great. Working on maintained wheels is rarely the challenge. It's ones that haven't been done in a long time or regularly.

I agree. A stiffer option to work on wheels that aren't well maintained would be great. Working on maintained wheels is rarely the challenge. It's ones that haven't been done in a long time or regularly.

The Turbo Stick is perfect for these instances :)