Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying towel dragged over the driveway

Elvin

Question

Hi Guys,

My 3yr old decided to "dry" the driveway with my drying towel while I was drying my car.  Needless to say it was covered in dirt and debris.  I ran it through a wash cycle and it came out pretty clean, I ran it again through a rinse cycle for good measure.  

My question is would you guys use it again on the paint or is it too risky to dry the car with it?  Is it possible that a very small particle could be embedded between the fibers that I cannot see and it would swirl up the finish?  If you wouldn't use it on the paint and use it on the glass only would you wash it with the other drying towels?

Thank you.

24 answers to this question

But now you have an excuse to get a nice new one..............and maybe you can convince the Mrs. that there are a couple of other "necessary" things you have to have. Plus if you order it all together you save on shipping!  Tell her you're "saving money". :jester:

But now you have an excuse to get a nice new one..............and maybe you can convince the Mrs. that there are a couple of other "necessary" things you have to have. Plus if you order it all together you save on shipping!  Tell her you're "saving money". :jester:

haha! we have been through the same conversation so many times that she does not believe me any more :)  

I would use it on engine cleaning and such since the engine bay isn't a thing of beauty for everyday folks. If you have a special car then I retract this statement lol

The engine bay is the most beautiful part of our C7 Z06...especially when the right foot is applied to the skinny pedal!  :)

I wouldn't trash it. I just wouldn't use it on a vehicle. 

I turn all of my ruined/worn out towels into house cleaning towels. 

No sense in throwing away something that will still work. Reuse Repurpose Recycle.

This.  Make it a house towel but yes the nature of microfiber is to trap dirt particles - so I wouldn't reuse it on the car - sure maybe a dropped towel is ok, but not one thats been ground into the asphalt driveway

put a leash on that kid LOL

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Yup dedicated kids designer towel.  Heck most of my personal towels cost much less and not nearly as soft I would say that's a lucky kid if it get the towel.  If not wheel wells,  hand towel by the shop sink,  drying the engine bay (if one doesn't have a master blaster),  clean out the fire place,  dust ceiling fans,  snap your nephews in the rear with it if they act up,  use it in the trunk as a towel to wipe your shoes off if they get mud or dirt on em or set something nasty on it rather than your trunk carpet.  Have fun sorry for your loss but re purpose it don't toss it.  And from now on wash with house towels not MFs