Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying Aid After Every Wash?

galaxy

Question

Just a curiosity questions...do you guys use some type of product on the surface following every normal wash; like your favorite QD, H2OG&G, D156, or a spray wax/QD of your favorite brand, etc, during the towel drying process? I typically have not been doing that and have never had any ill effects like inducing swirls or light damage. Just curious if you guys enjoy it, think it adds a layer of lubricity for the towel, or to get a layer of a spray wax down?

Any reasons/benefits to use a QD over a spray wax or vice versa? Personal preference?

I used to use detail spray as a drying agent. It added a little gloss back to last between washes.

Now I don't use it so often since I air dry. I try to touch the vehicle as little as possible with a towel to dry it.

Even with the master blaster I try to go back over with a detail spray wipe. Just cleans up anything the master blaster missed.

Either G&G or Detail Spray every time for me.

Same here. I've even used G&G every wash (which was every weekend) all summer long and didn't have any build up issues.

Except this last time I washed I didn't use anything so I could try the ceramic boost as a stand alone.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Rich and Gary...both you guys said detail spray and G&G every time....how do you use both?  What's your process there?  Do you do like the detail spray as a drying aid and then use GG stand alone, or what?

Also, for during a rinseless wash, do you guys spray on your drying aid (which ever product is your chosen favorite), and then dry that panel/section down?  Still doing the whole process one section at a time?

I just picked up the Master Blaster Revolution, but had been using an electric leaf blower prior. Blow dry, then light mist of Detail Spray with a great white Drying Towel to clean up, and add a bit of gloss.

Rich and Gary...both you guys said detail spray and G&G every time....how do you use both? What's your process there? Do you do like the detail spray as a drying aid and then use GG stand alone, or what?

Also, for during a rinseless wash, do you guys spray on your drying aid (which ever product is your chosen favorite), and then dry that panel/section down? Still doing the whole process one section at a time?

You should not have to use g&g every wash, proably every 3-4,maybe longer. I use detail spray as a drying aid when I don't use the g&g.

gosh i just use the adam's great white drying towel. I want a sidekick but just use a shop vac blower right now.

You're missing out! Buy it by the gallon and it isn't so expensive. Also, ditch the shop vac blower. I was doing that before I got a sidekick, but stopped once I realized that all the nasty abrasive dirt and dust that you suck into the hose is potentially blown all over the car.

I use detail spray every wash, G&G every 4-6 weeks. I got the Paint Coating kit as a gift and now I'm wondering if Ceramic Boost will replace G&G in my regimen after I use it...

Butters. If you do the paint coating you will use the boost about once every 6 months. You won't need the G&G any more on it.

I've been trying the Boost as a standalone but it's an extra step because it has to be dried before application. Where the G&G you apply and dry in one step.