Customer Service 866.965.0400

why would you blow out the interior instead of just vacuuming?

krea1975

Question

As I'm getting ready to start my spring detailing, and I've been out of car detailing for a number of years, I've been watching a lot of the Adams videos on YouTube. The question I have is what is the advantage to using a blower of any type versus just vacuuming out your interior?

14 answers to this question

Exactly what Brian said. I tend to push things either forward, or backward so they're all in one general spot. Sometimes I'll blow it right out of the vehicle and vacuum up what's left. The blower makes life so much easier for interiors.

Do you use the sidekick or master blaster? I tried this before with my sidekick and it just didn't have the power to move it out of the carpet fibers, or it more for larger debris?

It's usually more for larger debris.  I'd say we do most of the work with the sidekick.  But sometimes we will use the MBR on the 4HP setting to push things a little harder.  I can't think of a time we've ever used the 8HP setting on an interior. 

All of that being said, we tend to use the least aggressive (sidekick) and escalate to the more aggressive methods...a trend that should be followed in all aspects of detailing.

Exactly what Brian said.  I tend to push things either forward, or backward so they're all in one general spot.  Sometimes I'll blow it right out of the vehicle and vacuum up what's left.  The blower makes life so much easier for interiors.

I do this too. But I first do an initial, rough vacuuming, to get the bulk of the loose debris off the floor. Then blow out. This prevents blowing huge amounts of dirt all over the place. Then I do a 2nd stage deep vacuuming. This is followed by any required steaming and/or carpet cleaning. Just before customer delivery, I often do a quick final vacuuming to pick up small debris that I might have tracked in doing the rest of the detail.

It's usually more for larger debris. I'd say we do most of the work with the sidekick. But sometimes we will use the MBR on the 4HP setting to push things a little harder. I can't think of a time we've ever used the 8HP setting on an interior.

All of that being said, we tend to use the least aggressive (sidekick) and escalate to the more aggressive methods...a trend that should be followed in all aspects of detailing.

Do use a hose attachment?

I don't have the hose kit for the sidekick. My MBR has a 30' hose on it for when I want to get it somewhere. When using the sidekick, we just use the tip on it and let it do its work. It does great at moving debris out of crevices and panel seams. For heavy moving, it's all the MBR.

I don't have the hose kit for the sidekick. My MBR has a 30' hose on it for when I want to get it somewhere. When using the sidekick, we just use the tip on it and let it do its work. It does great at moving debris out of crevices and panel seams. For heavy moving, it's all the MBR.

Ok, thank you. I was asking about the sidekick, I see Metro sells a hose for it. Was just looking to see if it's worth purchasing.

Ok, thank you. I was asking about the sidekick, I see Metro sells a hose for it. Was just looking to see if it's worth purchasing.

I have Metro Vac N' Blo for interior cleaning, and that hose fits the Side Kick.  We use it to dry the dog...Was looking on the Metro Vac site and see they list the Master Blaster under Pet tools.   I would constantly be blowing dogs down the street if I tried using that! :D    

I open all the doors and fire up both motors on the master blaster. Dirt and hair go flying out, hardly anything left to vacuum

Exactly what I do on my truck too. I follow up with a vacuum too.

Edited by b_pappy