Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question for my wife

SS LeadFoot

Question

So I already know the answer but I need to assure my wife that I am correct. Is Odor Neutralizer safe to use on the baby's car seat? I am not spraying on the car seat with the baby in it ;) just spraying it and leaving it over night to dry. Is this product baby safe? 

Edited by SS LeadFoot

11 answers to this question

Divorce your wife and get a new mother in law? :lol:

If you've already used it and your little girl didn't have a reaction to it, then I guess I wouldn't worry too much.  Her lungs are already being exposed to incense on a daily basis. Kind of like cigarette smoke.  It's a parent's choice what we all expose our children to.  I think we've offered as much advice as we can. I know what you mean about having a grandparent watching your child. It is a big help and you don't want to offend her. I wish you luck.  

I don't know anything about the safety factor, but it is VERY strong.  Personally, I'd stick with Lysol or none at all and just wash the seat.   If you do go with it, I'd take the seat out of the car (that's a pain in the rear) and spray it outside, and let it sit outside overnight.  But I think that smell would be too strong for little lungs. 

I only spray the ON into the footwells and let the vehicle's circulations system dissipate it.  I would not spray it directly on ANY surface that would have direct and extended contact with the passengers - especially children.

Not saying the stuff is poison - I just use it more as an "Air Freshener" rather than for surface contamination.  I think something like Fabreze is better for what you have in mind.

Never thought of Febreeze, but for your purpose, that might be better. Or my wife says use baby powder. Douse it. let it sit overnight, then vacuum it off the next day. Smells like baby.  Sounds logical to  me. We didn't have car seats when my kids were small. Put our son on the floor of the blazer for a 10 hour drive to Indiana when he about a year old.  Don't know how kids survived then. 

Ok so let me give you guys the full story. My mother in law watches the kid for us while we are at work...thank god! It is a HUGE help! 1 problem is that in their culture they burn incense and the smell KILLS me. It give em a head ache makes my eyes water... the works. When we pick up the kid at night she, the blankets, and the car seat all smell like it. Its a really intense smell. I can't ask her not to burn it but I need something strong enough to kill that smell. ON worked when I used it the first time but I want to make sure it is safe. Any ideas would be great! 

On 2/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, Rich said:

Never thought of Febreeze, but for your purpose, that might be better. Or my wife says use baby powder. Douse it. let it sit overnight, then vacuum it off the next day. Smells like baby.  Sounds logical to  me. We didn't have car seats when my kids were small. Put our son on the floor of the blazer for a 10 hour drive to Indiana when he about a year old.  Don't know how kids survived then. 

I’ve used baking soda in the past. Probably netter than baby powder.