Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield Glass issues

UofAZCats

Question

The windshield and rear window of my wife's Civic have issues.  Any time they are wet, and given the car is outside all the time every morning it is wet, the winds look like the picture with the windshield wiper.  When they dry they look like the other photo.  The side windows do not have the same issue.  I have tried everything I can think of to clean the windows including Eco-APC, alcohol, Glass Cleaner, washing with Strip Wash, BG and GnG.  Nothing seems to have much effect on it.  Any one have any thoughts on how to get rid of this streaking/staining?  I'll try just about anything short of voodoo at this point.

IMG_20190120_083657.jpg

IMG_20190120_095955.jpg

11 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Are they tinted?  Maybe it's inside between the tint and the glass?

No tinting.  The issue is definitely on the exterior of the glass.  When I wipe it with chemicals it disappears for a short period then slowly returns as the chemical dries.

Had that issue with my truck at one point, was some kind of road oil or something on the glass that just would NOT let go. 

#0000 steel wool and either detail spray or my go to, glass cleaner as a lubricant. Works every time for me when clay wont, then I glass seal it and good to go. 

44 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Had that issue with my truck at one point, was some kind of road oil or something on the glass that just would NOT let go. 

#0000 steel wool and either detail spray or my go to, glass cleaner as a lubricant. Works every time for me when clay wont, then I glass seal it and good to go. 

I’ll second this. Or we use white scotch brite and a cream cleanser. The #0000 steel wool is awesome though and cheap. 

1 hour ago, pirahnah3 said:

50 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

I’ll second this. Or we use white scotch brite and a cream cleanser. The #0000 steel wool is awesome though and cheap. 

I'd never have thought of 0000 steel wool. Thanks, gents! Learn something new every day.

5 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Another vote on steel wool on glass.  Amazing tool. I’ve worked wonders on glass with it. BG or even a mild polish also makes a good lubricant depending on the severity of the job.  Just use something. 

I have used #0000 multiple times for marring and like @falcaineer hadn't thought of it for a chemical stain or mark.  I have a vehicle that has what appears to be a suction cup mark on the inside that only shows if the window starts to fog.  I am going to have to try the #0000 and BG to see what it does.