Customer Service 866.965.0400

Outdoor Garage Nightmare

07stanggt

So after a long winter, a buddy of mine leaves his Mercedes SL 500 in an outside shelter type of garage for cars. Over time this past winter, the front door where it comes together to enclose the car in the garage, had come apart somehow and had blown for months on the hood, front facia, headlights, passenger and drivers side quarter panels, totally trashing the paint and leaving behind lots of marring, scratching, water spots as well as blowing leaves etc all over the inside of the car shelter !! Do you think I can get these scratches out ? Check in the next couple days and I will post up the results...…...

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3977.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

Thickness gauge the trunk/roof to get an idea on how think the paint is, the test the hood in multiple spots and compare good paint to the damaged paint to see how much clear is left.

Well guys I thought you knew me better than that, haven't you seen any of my previous posts, lol ! Of course I can get these scratches out ! No gauges needed here knowing how hard the clear coat is on Mercedes. I did the worst part of the scratches with Adams Heavy Correcting Polish, then did two more steps with Adams Correcting Polish and Finish Polish and then a coat of Adams Machine Sealant was applied and then topped off with a coat of Adams Americana Wax. Flex 3401 machine was  used and Adams correcting pads as well. Coat of machine sealant used on wheels and VRT applied on tires. Great products and techniques were used to bring the perfection back to this totally trashed paint, so don't let anyone tell you that you cant get scratches out of your paint if you have a mishap here and there. Here are some pics for you.   

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

1 minute ago, 07stanggt said:

Well guys I thought you knew me better than that, haven't you seen any of my previous posts, lol ! Of course I can get these scratches out ! No gauges needed here knowing how hard the clear coat is on Mercedes. I did the worst part of the scratches with Adams Heavy Correcting Polish, then did two more steps with Adams Correcting Polish and Finish Polish and then a coat of Adams Machine Sealant was applied and then topped off with a coat of Adams Americana Wax. Flex 3401 machine was  used and Adams correcting pads as well. Coat of machine sealant used on wheels and VRT applied on tires. Great products and techniques were used to bring the perfection back to this totally trashed paint, so don't let anyone tell you that you cant get scratches out of your paint if you have a mishap here and there. Here are some pics for you.   

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG