Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not Sure Where to Start

bret

Question

Good evening!  I bought my new 2019 GMC Sierra SLT (Black) 1 month ago.  I have been watching the videos on YouTube about Adam's products.  There is so much information that it is mind boggling.  I am anxious to try these products out.  But I find myself asking, where do I begin and what products do I need to get started with.  I know I want to get the 2 bucket method products but do I need to do any kind of polishing before I can use the H2O gloss to dry the vehicle?  Looking for the best way to get started using these products.  Thanks!!!!

13 answers to this question

Hey Bret!  I'm a newbie too and you are definitely in the right spot for expert advice.  I can tell you from my experience so far Ceramic Coating (specifically Ceramic Spray Coating) will be the easiest way to keep that 2019 looking brand new!  I have a 2016 RAM 1500 and you can look at the pics and the steps I took.  Pop up some pics of your ride in the new member check in forum and I'm sure you will start seeing some expert advice rolling your way.

First, we are here to help! There isn't a "silver bullet," one size fits all solution. But we can help guide you. For example, take a look at the article below for making a decision on your LSP (Last Step Product). And to answer your initial question, you do not need to polish before using HGG. Just ensure the surface is clean, which you'll be all set with using the 2-bucket method.

Hi  Bret! Welcome!

A good way for people to start and get new products to try out is to buy a mystery box. Currently Amazon has 5 to choose from. Essentially, you buy a box and don't know what you're getting, but Adams promises to send you More Retail Product Value than you paid for.

https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Killer-Polishing-Detailing-Mystery/dp/B078475PHD?pf_rd_p=dd4f5b57-ba5b-418b-a348-64ec62df14cc&pd_rd_wg=OFMgt&pf_rd_r=TN1QKDWZR5WER1RH7TQH&ref_=pd_gw_cr_simh&pd_rd_w=1Po8j&pd_rd_r=6a60ac92-50a9-4db6-9df9-db528802689f&th=1

If you're looking for specific things I recommend starting with reading the threads posted above by @falcaineer and @stalebreadjr. Getting on Adam's youtube channel and watching some of their tutorial videos.

A good started kit would be to have a good soap for cleaning (Car Shampoo), a good mitt or sponger (Microfiber Wash Mitt), some protection (H20 Guard and Gloss), and you can never have enough good microfiber towels (Towels).

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-wash-protect-kit < That's a great starter kit.

2 hours ago, bret said:

Well, I did it!  I ordered some items today for the first time.  Can't wait till it gets here!  Only problem is, being in Ohio kind of puts me in a bind, weather-wise, but thank God, I have a heated 48x60 pole barn!!!!

Welcome Bret.  The black Sierra would look great and hold up well in your winter with Ceramic Spray Coating.

I'm currently working on a design for a 36x32x14 with a wash bay that I can get out of the heat and sun during the summer.  I don't think much about the winter weather, although we do get a few cold days.

16 hours ago, tlbullet said:

How about that soon to be released Ceramic coating?  I wish i knew more

about it Chris..🧐

I don't know if you mean @Chris@Adams or me, but I'm not at liberty to give any details on the new coating technology. Sorry, but I'd be in serious hot water if I shared anything. But you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to know more... 😀

5 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I don't know if you mean @Chris@Adams or me, but I'm not at liberty to give any details on the new coating technology. Sorry, but I'd be in serious hot water if I shared anything. But you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to know more... 😀

It was meant for @Chris@Adams! But if you willing to drop a few hints @falcaineer my ears are open!