Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie from Central IL

SeanFlynn

Hello from Central IL. New member with a hell of a project on my hands. I have been wanting to make the leap to a better quality product for a while and had a few Adam's products from when I was on the LS1GTO page many years ago. 

I recently purchased this 1981 Turbo Trans Am SE that had been sitting in a barn for 13 years untouched. Yes, I know the first pic is at a commercial car wash but I only used it (at very low pressure mind you) to get the majority of the loose stuff off. As you can see from the last two pictures I still have quite a bit of work to do. It appears that the paint is pretty good and the car only has about 55,000 miles on it and was very well taken car of. 

I have a foam cannon and an assortment of products coming sometime in the next week and will do what I can when the weather allows. For now I am focusing on mechanical stuff but the weather is supposed to be near 50* later in the week and the weekend so hopefully I will have time to give it a good soaking and cleaning and we'll see what we have. 

First daylight in 13 years... 

IMG_0869.thumb.JPG.8e10f84582d072b3ccfe92605e0e8ba9.JPG

After a mild rinse...

IMG_0889.thumb.JPG.260739a21dbad20651cd3a355cdcf75d.JPG

IMG_0890.thumb.JPG.4b3aa6ce8c66c7537059111c550064d7.JPG

Holy schnike!  Did you buy them both or just the black one?  You'll have to change your handle on here to Bandit!  Nice find!!  And welcome to the forum!  I'm looking forward to seeing her when she's all clean and shiny. :welcomebanner:

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Holy schnike!  Did you buy them both or just the black one?  You'll have to change your handle on here to Bandit!  Nice find!!  And welcome to the forum!  I'm looking forward to seeing her when she's all clean and shiny. :welcomebanner:

The white one beside it is mine and is a long term project. This pic is from my temporary shop. I also have an '81 white Daytona Pace Car that is at paint right now. I may have an addiction to these early 80's Turbo TA's. 

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome to the addiction! That's got the looks of what's surely gonna be a beauty 😎

I hope so. I see that my order from Adam's is listed as "Fulfilled" but I don't have shipment notification yet so I'm not sure I'll get to take advantage of the "nice" weather this weekend. I will post progress pics as I go along. 

Welcome Sean!  I am looking forward to more pics. 

I had a 79 Formula that I ordered - 4 speed, two tone silver, no T-Top.  I loved the looks of the car (I had VSE lowering stuff to get rid of the 'body in the trunk' look), but it ran like garbage.