Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish???

bosco1

Question

9 answers to this question

Revive is pretty much a hand polish.  There's a new blend coming out soon. If you're doing it by machine, Go with the One Step. I used Revive for years on my black 02 Vette with great results.  Did that help you at all?

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Revive is pretty much a hand polish.  There's a new blend coming out soon. If you're doing it by machine, Go with the One Step. I used Revive for years on my black 02 Vette with great results.  Did that help you at all?

Have an unopened Revive but the One Step with the wool pad just seems to make Revive obsolete unless I'm missing something. Seems like I remember someone saying they like using it on the tail-lights. If that's it I'll be using it awhile before I run out..

A friend wants me to do his 99 F350 which the paint is alittle worn/tired. It would have been a good candidate in the past but thinking I'll machine the One-Step instead...

9 hours ago, Rich said:

The new version has been out for a few months now and the name was changed to just "Hand Polish" 🙂

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-revive-fine-hand-car-polish

2 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

Also a great pre-cleaner.

Ok help me understand what that means and when you would utilize it? Thank you so much. Would not replace Claying would it???

Edited by bosco1

3 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Ok help me understand what that means and when you would utilize it? Thank you so much. Would not replace Claying would it???

The Hand Polish can be used to bring out more gloss and depth to the surface. As for a pre-cleaner, what he meant is that it can be used to essentially polish away any types of Detail Spray or waxes on the surface to then re-apply a new layer of protection. The Hand Polish isn't a replacement for claying the surface, but it could be used in between claying if you want to take off a few layers of wax or even possibly cut through Paint Sealant without having to put a machine polisher to the surface.

A clay bar or a clay mitt will still be more effective at removing bonded contamination more quickly and safely than polishing the area multiple times by hand to try to get the same result (and possibly grinding in the contamination with the foam hex grip applicator). I hope that clears things up 👍

2 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

The Hand Polish can be used to bring out more gloss and depth to the surface. As for a pre-cleaner, what he meant is that it can be used to essentially polish away any types of Detail Spray or waxes on the surface to then re-apply a new layer of protection. The Hand Polish isn't a replacement for claying the surface, but it could be used in between claying if you want to take off a few layers of wax or even possibly cut through Paint Sealant without having to put a machine polisher to the surface.

A clay bar or a clay mitt will still be more effective at removing bonded contamination more quickly and safely than polishing the area multiple times by hand to try to get the same result (and possibly grinding in the contamination with the foam hex grip applicator). I hope that clears things up 👍

Yes sir, thank you Dan, very informative, I did just try the Revive on my 2000 Suburban tailights and it did knock the haze off of them. They look much better.....

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1)11.jpg

Edited by bosco1

18 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Have an unopened Revive but the One Step with the wool pad just seems to make Revive obsolete unless I'm missing something. Seems like I remember someone saying they like using it on the tail-lights. If that's it I'll be using it awhile before I run out..

A friend wants me to do his 99 F350 which the paint is alittle worn/tired. It would have been a good candidate in the past but thinking I'll machine the One-Step instead...

I'm one that uses it on all the vehicles for the tail lights and marker lights.  I also use it on decals when I'm concerned about the machine doing damage and then there are all the small places where a machines just doesn't seem to fit.  That includes when I do golf carts, motorcycle gas tanks and side covers, signs

I have also done entire vehicles, a couple of times by choice and a couple of times because the equipment I had before I bought a Swirl Killer most likely would have done more damage than good.