Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I only use spray wax?

blee9999

Question

After I purchased the detail spray, I absolutely felt in love with Adam's product. 

So I bought an interior detailer and Adam's spray wax to try more products. I have a question about spray wax. Can Adam's spray wax replace the paste wax? I know spray wax will only last for 2-3 weeks. That is not a huge issue because I wash my car every 2-3 weeks. But I heard that spray wax is just an enhancer of the paste wax. Is that mean I have to put paste wax first to use a spray wax? Or just use spray wax more often? I didn't put any paste wax on my car (only a 4 months old vehicle). And I am planning to use Adam's spray wax to protect my car from oxidation and hazing headlights. And I might purchase a ceramic boost in the future for more protection. 

14 answers to this question

Since you are washing the car every 2-3 weeks, you can use Spray Wax as a drying aid.  It not only reduces the amount product needed, it also makes the application real simple.  It can be used glass, although I personally don't put it on any windshields.

According to the weather, vehicles usage and whether or not it is stored in a garage anything between 3 weeks and 3 months is possible for longevity.

Good advice above, and I'll add not to mix the Ceramic Boost and Spray wax if/when you get the former. Here's a great read as to why, along with help on if there's something else you may want to consider for protection and shine.

9 hours ago, BRZN said:

Sure, you can use the Spray Wax as a stand alone, as long as you're aware of its minimal longevity and protection. The product is infused with carnuaba wax, which is in Adam's Buttery, Americana, and Patriot Paste Waxes..

That's perfect! Yes I am aware of minimal longevity and protection. 

8 hours ago, RayS said:

Since you are washing the car every 2-3 weeks, you can use Spray Wax as a drying aid.  It not only reduces the amount product needed, it also makes the application real simple.  It can be used glass, although I personally don't put it on any windshields.

According to the weather, vehicles usage and whether or not it is stored in a garage anything between 3 weeks and 3 months is possible for longevity.

I currently have chemical guy glass cleaner so it is not a big deal (Plan to purchase Adams glass cleaner in future though). 

My concern is the weather. I currently can't garage my vehicle and I feel bad when my car is exposed to sunny So-cal sun. I really hope my Adams spray wax can hold the protection for 2-3 weeks. Because I don't like the look of hazed headlights and oxidized paint. 

6 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Good advice above, and I'll add not to mix the Ceramic Boost and Spray wax if/when you get the former. Here's a great read as to why, along with help on if there's something else you may want to consider for protection and shine.

Thats a great article! Thank you so much!

If you're car's out in the weather full time, you should start thinking of something a little more long term like the Ceramic line.  The Ceramic Spray Coating is quick and only needs a day for perfection.  Did mine a year ago and it's still holding up.  Or if you can get to a garage for a couple days, you could go the full on Ceramic route.  Just be sure to properly prepare your paint before applying. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

If you're car's out in the weather full time, you should start thinking of something a little more long term like the Ceramic line.  The Ceramic Spray Coating is quick and only needs a day for perfection.  Did mine a year ago and it's still holding up.  Or if you can get to a garage for a couple days, you could go the full on Ceramic route.  Just be sure to properly prepare your paint before applying. 

That is the main reason I was thinking of ceramic products. By the way, I am new to a detail world. Is it okay to just wash a car and use spray wax before the ceramic spray coating? Because my car surface is not rough (due to wash every 2-3 weeks). I want a ceramic spray coating to prevent my car from oxidation and yellow headlights. I know it will not happen for at least 6-7 years but my old car had yellow headlights and totally killed the look. 

22 minutes ago, blee9999 said:

That is the main reason I was thinking of ceramic products. By the way, I am new to a detail world. Is it okay to just wash a car and use spray wax before the ceramic spray coating? Because my car surface is not rough (due to wash every 2-3 weeks). I want a ceramic spray coating to prevent my car from oxidation and yellow headlights. I know it will not happen for at least 6-7 years but my old car had yellow headlights and totally killed the look. 

No, Ceramic Spray Coating is a true coating, and like traditional coating, needs a completely bare surface (or already existing coating) to bond properly. For it to work its best and last the longest, proper steps should be taken.

2 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

No, Ceramic Spray Coating is a true coating, and like traditional coating, needs a completely bare surface (or already existing coating) to bond properly. For it to work its best and last the longest, proper steps should be taken.

Oh right forgot about your comment above ( sorry :( ).  I think I will just use spray wax and frequent car wash. I hope Adams spray wax can protect my paint from UV for 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, blee9999 said:

Oh right forgot about your comment above ( sorry :( ).  I think I will just use spray wax and frequent car wash. I hope Adams spray wax can protect my paint from UV for 2 weeks. 

My recommendation will be to start with the spray wax as a drying aid, see how it holds up while making plans for a conversion to ceramic.  As for the headlights, I have had good luck with putting Paint Protection Film (PPF) on the highlights.  You can clean, polish and treat the PPF the same you would any other surface and if the PPF starts to yellow, you peel it off and replace it. 

It is not difficult to put on by following the directions and many companies that do window tinting will also apply PPF.  My personal preference in a manufacturer is XPEL, but I have used several different vendors and they have all been fine, including 3M and Suntek. 

3 hours ago, RayS said:

My recommendation will be to start with the spray wax as a drying aid, see how it holds up while making plans for a conversion to ceramic.  As for the headlights, I have had good luck with putting Paint Protection Film (PPF) on the highlights.  You can clean, polish and treat the PPF the same you would any other surface and if the PPF starts to yellow, you peel it off and replace it. 

It is not difficult to put on by following the directions and many companies that do window tinting will also apply PPF.  My personal preference in a manufacturer is XPEL, but I have used several different vendors and they have all been fine, including 3M and Suntek. 

Just make sure to be very careful if you ever machine polish PPF. A lot of the newer films are self-healing and typically should not need polishing for quite some time. PPF can heat up fast from a machine polisher, and it can be quickly damaged. If you do machine polish, test in a small area, using a slower machine speed and no downward force on the surface.

7 hours ago, blee9999 said:

It's all good! I can't remember what I had for breakfast half the time 😁

You should get a month or two out of the Spray Wax, but mileage will vary based on wash routine, environmental factors, driving conditions, storage, etc.