Customer Service 866.965.0400

1962 Corvette, Under Construction (Forever?)

Adam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Friends, it's coming together! Guy, the super-amazing dude dialing in the car, is doing a stand up job, and working quick. Here are a few recent photos, and sorry for the delay since the last ones!:2thumbs:

Man, that's nice to say the least. I notice what looks like a custom leather dash pad, and the console work is very well done.

These older Vettes are difficult to put together and has to be more difficult when modifying things. Very impressive.

Can't wait for the finished product. :burnout:

Thanks Bill & Doug, it's finally starting to look like a car again! Took long enough, as we didn't take many shortcuts. You are correct, the dash is leather from Al Knoch interiors, and the console is a custom fiberglass with a carbon fiber insert, hand made by Guy.

Soon, it will have some groovy polished aluminum drink holders, and a push-button start, from a C6.

Just can't wait to start it up, and take her for a spin! My Dad is drooling, and we are still hopeful for a Halloween spin. . . . . . maybe a little optimistic, however. :(

This is the first car we have ever 'built' and it's probably going to be the last. This car will be worth $0.70 for every $1 invested, at best!:loser:

Howdy Teresa! Indeed, that's a NAV/ DVD/ HDD/ XM/Sirius unit, called a Pioneer AVIC Z3. Basically, you load cd's into it, and they are immediately stored on to the 80GB hard drive. I've got the same unit in my Excursion, and mush say: It ROCKS!!

We can also watch DVD's, but since we are not really TV/ movie peeps, we just use it for the other purposes.

If you are in the market for one of these, check Ebay. Paid $2,400 for the one in my Excursion 3 years ago, and bought this one for the Vette on Ebay, new, in the box, for $800!:2thumbs:

:hi: Adam,

We have a very similar system in our Yukon. Pioneer makes a great system IMO!!

We normally have music DVDs playing. I pretend I am at concerts while the hubby is driving. :jester::lol:

Haa ChevyGirl. My Avalanche with JBA headers and Borla Duals makes my music !! :burnout:

This is the first car we have ever 'built' and it's probably going to be the last. This car will be worth $0.70 for every $1 invested, at best!:loser:

You don't do something like this as an investment Adam. You're building memories. :rockon:

This is something you're doing for/with your dad, and maybe someday, you can give the keys to your son.

I'm doing the same thing with my truck for my grandson. But I get to drive it until he gets his license. He'll be 4 in Feb.

I jokingly tell my friends, if I live long enough my grandson is going to inherit a $250K Ford Ranger when he's 16.

I got him his first truck for Christmas last year to get him use to driving trucks. :thumbsup:

Come on dad. Let's go pick up some chicks. :lol:

AllsetforthefirstannualLollyPop500.jpg

• 2 months later...
Haa ChevyGirl. My Avalanche with JBA headers and Borla Duals makes my music !! :burnout:

:rockon::rockon: MY is summit racing headers three inch exhaust duals through two cherry bomb extreme. And i do have the system which is a kenwood deck 6 1/2 pioneer up front 6x4 in the back plus two twitters in the doors up front along with a rockford fosgate punch 100 and my 12inch jl sub.