Customer Service 866.965.0400

1962 Corvette Ready TOMORROW! Memorial Day, 2010

Adam

Well friends, I posted a thread sometime back about the Corvette that my Dad and I decided to build a few years back.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391&highlight=1962+Corvette

Tomorrow morning, I'm flying to Orange County, CA to meet my Dad, and pick up the car, finally!

Here are the latest photos, and I hope to have more posted of the complete car, hopefully with my Dad sitting in the driver's seat!!

:banana::patriot:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! Red is the perfect color for a Corvette, sorry Junkman!

attachment.php?attachmentid=4079&stc=1&d=1275282942

I don't which is more appropriate::drool: OR:jawdrop: or :thumbsup: or :bow: or:burnout:

Oh heck, you get them all! She's beautiful, can't wait to see some full body shots.

Well gang, what a ride!!! Flew in yesterday at 3PM, and my Dad picked me up. We went straight to the car, which was at the builder's house.

What a car!!! We walked around it a million times, top up, top down, A/C on, A/C off, etc.

By the time we left an hour later, my Dad was thrilled to hit the accelerator!

I followed Dad first to Dana Point, where we grew up, and saw our good friends/ x-neighbors, Ron and Kris Young. From there, I drove the car to his house in Carlsbad, AMAZING!!:rockon:

We are going to drive together now to Costa Mesa, where I'm jumping a flight back to Denver. Dad will drive the car all week, then give it back to Guy, the car builder, for some final tweaks.

What a great trip, and thanks for an amazing Italian dinner last night Dad!!

Finally, we have a car! 5 years, and 2 weeks later. . . .I love you Dad, and thanks for your patience during this build.:)

Pictures:

Archived