Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail product uses around the house?

Agent 009

Question

So i’ve used glass sealant in one form or another for years on my shower doors, but it got me thinking...are there other products in the lineup that have interesting other uses? I was testing the ceramic waterless wash on my painted tile shower stall just for the fun of it. Any other fun ones?

Edited by Agent 009

Oh let’s see:

Ceramic spray coating on the granite countertops. 

Rinsless wash diluted to waterless wash on just about everything as a general purpose cleaner. 

Detail spray on the stove top, counters, table tops, iPad screens, phone screens, TV screens. 

Wife uses the Multi Use Foaming Cleaner on our shower doors  and aside from the smell, she says it really works great. She uses it on our glass top stove too.   Glass cleaner for sure. Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner on our house carpets..........works real well. Odor neutralizer always, keep a bottle in the john.  APC  for cleaning screens and other stuff.  Anyhow, there's a lot of uses for multiple products.

Yesterday I used Spray Wax on the kitchen windows after giving them a thorough cleaning. The lovely Mrs. liked that so much I did the rest of the downstairs windows this morning.

Every spring I APC the Rubbermaid mailbox then wipe it down with VRT

Edited by Captain Slow

Yup. Glass Cleaner everywhere. Glass Sealant on the shower doors. Diluted APC for pretty much any general cleaning. I still had some spray sealant from way back that got used on the tile/grout in the master shower when we moved in. Carpet and Upholstery cleaner for the carpet. I used the SK for polishing out the poly finish on the dining room table and benches and topped them with HGG

Late last week while fishing the local pond I slipped in a muddy spot and my knee landed in goose s*** and cut grass. What a funky, stinky stain that was!  Got home and tossed the jeans in the wash but the stain didn’t budge. Out with Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner and a good soaking spray.  Tossed jeans back in the wash and after another cycle they were clean. Liquid Tide has met its match.

I use glass sealant on the windshield and for the vehicles with Ceramic Paste Wax, I go over the other windows with Ceramic Boost about once a month. - just make sure it is CB 2.0 which says safe for glass.   For the inside of the windshield I use Brilliant Glaze, for the rest of the interior windows, I use regular glass cleaner.

Well...since it is raining AGAIN and I just got home from work and really wanted to get my polishing/waxing/cleaning therapy in. I decided to use my ceramic liquid wax to clean the fingerprints off and coat my iPad Pro screen. 

Needless to say it turned out great. So great that my wife wants me to do her iPad as well.

Another great use for a great product!

2 hours ago, MasterBlasterII said:

Well...since it is raining AGAIN and I just got home from work and really wanted to get my polishing/waxing/cleaning therapy in. I decided to use my ceramic liquid wax to clean the fingerprints off and coat my iPad Pro screen. 

Needless to say it turned out great. So great that my wife wants me to do her iPad as well.

That's incredible. I need to do that...

19 hours ago, MasterBlasterII said:

Does it reduce fingerprints?

2 hours ago, TOBASCO said:

What a great idea!  Q - did you prep the surface in any way?  Also, I don’t have the ceramic liquid wax. But I do have the paste and spray.  My assumption is I could use either as well, right?

Nope, no prep.

i wish I had the paste..I would use that, absolutely!

1 hour ago, MasterBlasterII said:

Nope, no prep.

i wish I had the paste..I would use that, absolutely!

Not only do I have the Ceramic Paste Wax, I also had a old iPad to try it on.  I have since done my iPad Pro and will do the wife's in a few minutes.

Thank you for providing this tip.

The wife thinks hers turned out great also.  Since I used the Paste Wax, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts, it last 6+ months on a car that sits outside, so who knows on the iPad.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, TOBASCO said:

:lurk:  lurking for great info

What would be the best recommendation for exterior windows?   Glass sealant obviously, but hoping something easier to use might be suggested.

Clean and clay very well first..."

Glass sealant and glass boost on both windshields

Side glass gets glass boost.

Maintain with detail spray and ceramic waterless wash (whichever one is in my hand at the time )

Also....

I use detail spray on my ipad lasts 3-4 weeks

My iphone I ceramic coated, as well as the case on it.

Edited by Nickfire20

OK - moved out of Illinois and down to Tennessee into a new home.  Our bathroom has a glass wall partition that doesn't get direct water, but does fog up a lot, especially in the winter.  Now that this thread is 3 years old, I was wondering if anyone had any updates on uses with newer products that give the best results.  My primary area of interest is:

-  initial cleaning

-  coating for water repelling

-  reduce fogging

Thanks for any help!

IMG_2561.JPG