Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray Coationg Applied

TR6speed

Question

I finished today doing the complete detail and applied the UV Spray Ceramic Coating.  This was the first time I used the new Swirl killer with the One Step pad and I must say I was really impressed.  Everything went as planned.  Strip wax wash and dry.  Followed by claying with the Adams Mitt.  Then the One Step Polish with the new Swirl Killer and One Step Pad.  After I finished polishing and removing the polish I backed the car out of the garage to see it in the direct sun.  If I missed any swirls or scratches this would show them.  I noticed two areas right by the rear spoiler so I hit them with a little more polish and the buffer and they were gone.

Next I wiped the car and glass areas down with the prep.  waited about 10 minutes and started applying the ceramic.  Did not take to long give it a minute or two for each panel to rainbow before removing it.  That is one of the easiest steps in the whole process besides the ceramic prep. 

Tomorrow I will apply the boost although I did read somewhere that this product can be applied up to 3 coats.  Not sure if that means on top of each other or over a certain amount of time. 

I just want everyone to know at least in my case the shine while it is great is no different then what I always had with the standard Adams products.  I am think what I did accomplish is a longer lasting shine and better protection then that of the Adams Americana or Patriot wax.

Here are a few pictures from today as well as the last detail with the polish, glaze and wax.

The first four are todays and the last two are the old detail

Drivers Door.jpg

Inside Garage.jpg

Rear Drivers Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

20190111_143445_resized.jpg

20190111_143719_resized.jpg

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, RayS said:

Hi Jack,

That looks amazing and not just because it's Red, although I will admit it helps...The hood in the last picture really pops, nice job.

The last two were pictures I took some time back just after a standard detail use the standard Adams products, not the new Ceramic.

That's a great looking Vette Jack.  I did mine as well, and it really makes my white pop!  One thing I found though is that I had problems with the Ceramic Boost streaking, switched to the new CS3, and problem solved!  Much preferred.   

2 hours ago, Rich said:

That's a great looking Vette Jack.  I did mine as well, and it really makes my white pop!  One thing I found though is that I had problems with the Ceramic Boost streaking, switched to the new CS3, and problem solved!  Much preferred.   

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with the streaking with the boost.  So you are using the CS3 like the boost, on top of the actual ceramic spray coating, correct.  I watch the video and Adam almost made it sound like it was a semi ceramic coating.  It also looks like it can be used as a waterless wash.  I am correct on this?

6 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with the streaking with the boost.  So you are using the CS3 like the boost, on top of the actual ceramic spray coating, correct.  I watch the video and Adam almost made it sound like it was a semi ceramic coating.  It also looks like it can be used as a waterless wash.  I am correct on this?

CS3 is very similar to Ceramic Waterless and should/can be used the same way. It's not a ceramic coating, it's silica-infused,  and also doesn't add as much protection as Boost. Think of it like a DS for ceramics.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, TR6speed said:

Like Falcaineer said, not as much protection, but boy, it's hard to beat the shine and lack of streaks.  And yes,  you can use it like a WW.  

17 hours ago, Rich said:

Like Falcaineer said, not as much protection, but boy, it's hard to beat the shine and lack of streaks.  And yes,  you can use it like a WW.  

On 2/23/2020 at 11:07 PM, falcaineer said:

CS3 is very similar to Ceramic Waterless and should/can be used the same way. It's not a ceramic coating, it's silica-infused,  and also doesn't add as much protection as Boost. Think of it like a DS for ceramics.

That's interesting.  I've been using CWW like a DS on the wife's Terrain to keep it shiny when it didn't need cleaning, more as a way to knock off a couple of days of garage dust.  Since the CS3 is closer to being a DS, that would probably the ideal product to use to keep the wife's Terrain looking good.  I guess the only drawback is that it is more expensive than CWW.  

2 hours ago, RayS said:

That's interesting.  I've been using CWW like a DS on the wife's Terrain to keep it shiny when it didn't need cleaning, more as a way to knock off a couple of days of garage dust.  Since the CS3 is closer to being a DS, that would probably the ideal product to use to keep the wife's Terrain looking good.  I guess the only drawback is that it is more expensive than CWW.  

If you buy them in gallon increments they are actually equally priced.  The half gallon (64 oz) bottle of CWW is $40, the gallon (128 oz) of CS3 is $80.  I think it would come down more to which you prefer to use at that point.

20 hours ago, jakerodz7 said:

If you buy them in gallon increments they are actually equally priced.  The half gallon (64 oz) bottle of CWW is $40, the gallon (128 oz) of CS3 is $80.  I think it would come down more to which you prefer to use at that point.

I wasn't even thinking about the size differences in the "gallons" - was yesterday Monday?

2 hours ago, RayS said:

I wasn't even thinking about the size differences in the "gallons" - was yesterday Monday?

No worries, I wish the CWW was $40 for a gallon, I would buy a couple gallons for sure!  Got my BOGO order which included CS3 today.  If I can I will use both the CS3 and CWW on the hood of my car today and share my thoughts on which one performed better.  CS3 smells amazing!

On 2/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, RayS said:

I was finally able to do a direct comparison between CWW vs CS3 on my hood and I would have to say CS3 is slightly more slick when using and the paint did feel slightly more slick after drying.  We got some rain and they both bead and sheet water about the same.  Hope this helps, I honestly do not think you would go wrong with either one. 

22 hours ago, jakerodz7 said:

I was finally able to do a direct comparison between CWW vs CS3 on my hood and I would have to say CS3 is slightly more slick when using and the paint did feel slightly more slick after drying.  We got some rain and they both bead and sheet water about the same.  Hope this helps, I honestly do not think you would go wrong with either one. 

I have the CS3 which I just received but I have not used it yet.  I think a benefit is it does not streak (at least advertised as such) while I have had the CWW streak and had to really work to get it smoothed out.  The boost is also known to streak.

38 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

I have the CS3 which I just received but I have not used it yet.  I think a benefit is it does not streak (at least advertised as such) while I have had the CWW streak and had to really work to get it smoothed out.  The boost is also known to streak.

I would agree with that being a benefit as well, I have not had CWW streak personally but then again it would be hard to see on my white car.  I will have to try it on my tc and see if I get some streaking.  Yes boost is great and all but I definitely quickly learned to not use the spray and wipe application method. 

6 hours ago, jakerodz7 said:

Yes boost is great and all but I definitely quickly learned to not use the spray and wipe application method. 

So spray on the MF and wipe the surface with that and then buff with a clean MF right... 

32 minutes ago, shooterjgs said:

So spray on the MF and wipe the surface with that and then buff with a clean MF right... 

That has worked better for me as far as avoiding streaks.  I actually go a step further and spray it on a MF applicator, spread into a panel or half panel (for the bigger ones) at a time, and then buff away with a MF towel. 

2 hours ago, shooterjgs said:

2 hours ago, jakerodz7 said:

That has worked better for me as far as avoiding streaks.  I actually go a step further and spray it on a MF applicator, spread into a panel or half panel (for the bigger ones) at a time, and then buff away with a MF towel. 

Either way works. A little goes a long way with Boost, so 2-3 sprays per panel is usually a pretty good rule.