Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is your neighborhood nickname?

goheels

Question

Ok... here's the deal. Every time I go outside to the driveway to wash my car (1-2 times every couple of weeks) with my buckets, grit guards, adams fire hose nozzle w/ shut off valve, etc. my neighbors are always rolling their eyes and commenting about how often I take care of my "baby".

I have been dubbed "the detailer" by the whole neighborhood :o.. and this despite not having cracked open the PC/pads or foam gun yet (new b-day present :D). With all the detailed lighting and immaculate set-ups I'm reading here, I can't imagine what people are saying about your obsession. :loser:

So, any interesting stories or names people call you because of this little hobby? :lurk:

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please take me to a neighborhood where people take care of their "STUFF", stop by for a beer on the porch to chat about the newest cars, sports, chics, etc. People that look out for each other and genuinely care about each other. People that bake cookies or have barbecues and invite you over. This is the neighborhood I grew up in.:grouphug:

You just described my neighborhood. We have great neighbors. Most of them are older but they tell great stories. They love talking about our cars and reminiscing about their past.

There are a few REALLY nice homes right down the street for sale and they have a few acres for backyards~~~ :D

I got the nickname, "BONES"........if you knew how many bones I have broken over the years, you would understand!!! Nine to be exact, two broken hands, broken wrist, compound fibula and tibia, shattered kneecap, toe and the grand finale, two broken femurs in two years.....funny thing, all this was on the left side of my body and they have the nerve to ask what am I going to do for an encore......I tell them the right side and I have started working on that by having my right hip replaced! Yes, with all the metal in my body you can imagine how it is when I go through security at the airports!!!! Stay tuned for my next adventure!!!

I don't have neighbors in the hood where I live. I have people on work visas from China and India who don't speak English nor do they care to learn. They "occupy" their homes and do not understand what a lawnmower, edger or a pruning device is, nor do they understand the concept of watering their lawns. They park on the wrong side of the street in the wrong direction or they park their vehicles ON the lawn instead of the driveway.

I'm considered the "enforcer pri_k" as I go right to their door step and explain to them what their hovel is doing to my property value, usually followed by a visit from the local pigs to tell me to look the other way, do not get involved and that I don't have a right to talk to my foreign "neighbors" and that it is not my place to enforce local zoning ordinances, even though they aren't enforced because the county has no funding for enforcement.

Please take me to a neighborhood where people take care of their "STUFF", stop by for a beer on the porch to chat about the newest cars, sports, chics, etc. People that look out for each other and genuinely care about each other. People that bake cookies or have barbecues and invite you over. This is the neighborhood I grew up in.:grouphug:

All I can say is WOW!:help: That really sucks!!!!

I don't have neighbors in the hood where I live. I have people on work visas from China and India who don't speak English nor do they care to learn. They "occupy" their homes and do not understand what a lawnmower, edger or a pruning device is, nor do they understand the concept of watering their lawns. They park on the wrong side of the street in the wrong direction or they park their vehicles ON the lawn instead of the driveway.

I'm considered the "enforcer pri_k" as I go right to their door step and explain to them what their hovel is doing to my property value, usually followed by a visit from the local pigs to tell me to look the other way, do not get involved and that I don't have a right to talk to my foreign "neighbors" and that it is not my place to enforce local zoning ordinances, even though they aren't enforced because the county has no funding for enforcement.

The guy (nut) with the shiny black car (never heard it out loud haha)

Of course, after seeing the results, they suggest that they should bring theirs over for some TLC... Nothing like results to change some minds. :drool:

An additional comment:

One of my neighbors came by and asked me what I used on my car, and I told him about Adam's products. He said "I see how great your car always looks - you have made a believer out of me"... so much so that he is going to stop by West Coast Corvettes and pick up some product. I also told him that if there are any other products he wants to try, to come by and let me know and we can try them out.

He is also intrigued by swirl removing abilities of the Porter Cable. :D

You can't argue with amazing results!

Wow, I think I'll go home and hug my neighbors! They all understand me, they do not park in front of my house, they always wave (all 5 fingers) and we all get along. No one else is really a car person, but they get that I am. One neighbor actually brought her friend over to show her my garage.

Bruce

Personally, there are three rituals I indulge in that relax my mind and are "my time" (in no particular order): fishing, shaving, and maintaining my ride myself. In the case of the latter, the saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself" certainly applies!! When I'm doing any of these though, I could care less what someone else has to say at that moment...

But enjoying a beer and cleaning my ride is something I take pride in. After all, when you're out in public driving around, your vehicle does say a lot (think trucknutz).

But some people it seems just don't give a crap. They beat the hell out of their vehicles!

Weird - most everyone likes the new car smell, but very few can appreciate preserving a nice clean ride!

Hey! can you do mine next.:rolleyes:

"The young guy who takes care of his car" as there walking by "sure wish i cared that much ha ha ha ha".

When my cars dripping with foam....Hey man, someone spay painted your car:help:

OMG your OCD with your car

and my alltime favorite....."Your always outside cleaning your car, dont you have better things todo":mad:

No nickname... but everyone who walks past feels compelled to make the "Come over and do mine next!" comment, like I've never heard that one before.

Maybe its just me but that annoys me to no end. More people thinking they deserve a clean car just because I'm cleaning mine or someone elses.

Never washed my truck out on the streets, but each time I grab the buckets, wash it, blow dry, I realize that Dad is standing right behind me, until the air pressure machine stops running... he asks, what are you doing? *facepalm*

I should start washing on the driveway to see what my neighbors could offer.. :)

I usually get "hey you behind the bushes!"

I don't understand why. :jester:

As usual Jeff fails to give us the whole story.

It is usually

"Hey you, yes you, the one with no pants on. What are you doing behind the bushes !!! "

:lolsmack:

Archived