Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #2 - THE RETURN!

Here's some quotes by Dylan from this thread: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9642

The BG should be fine to help them shine but the APC may be a little harsh to use every time. If you were to wax them to protect them, the APC would probably strip that wax right back off.

Even GWC will probably strip it off after 1 or 2 times, depending on dwell time, etc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. Yeah, it's a 2010 Camaro with the RS option. The wheels came from the factory. The camaro originally comes with 18" wheels I think, but the RS option adds upgraded wheels.

My sticker says:

RS PACKAGE:

20"x8" FRONT AND 20"x9" REAR FLANGLESS, PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS WITH MIDNIGHT SILVER FINISH

Then under that it says:

WHEELS 20" POLISHED ALUMINUM as an added option.

So it was originally painted with the RS wheels I think, but then had 500 paid for the polished aluminum option.

So stick away from the APC and GWC, just soap and water?

As for the Metal Polish 1 and 2 and BG, those should be okay still? I really liked the results of them. Should they be combined with Revive Polish and Buttery wax (to treat them like regular paint on the car)

Thanks for the tips!

As for the Metal Polish 1 and 2 and BG, those should be okay still? I really liked the results of them. Should they be combined with Revive Polish and Buttery wax (to treat them like regular paint on the car)

Thanks for the tips!

As others have stated, treat them like your paint. MP is only for raw metals which you don't have.

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. Yeah, it's a 2010 Camaro with the RS option. The wheels came from the factory. The camaro originally comes with 18" wheels I think, but the RS option adds upgraded wheels.

My sticker says:

So it was originally painted with the RS wheels I think, but then had 500 paid for the polished aluminum option.

So stick away from the APC and GWC, just soap and water?

Thanks for the tips!

Its really annoying, but GM's 'polished aluminum' is still a painted finish... leads to lots of confusion on the part of the consumer who think they need a product like this, when they don't.

I regularly have to respond to emails about how people have tried our metal polish on their SS camaro, 370z, corvette, mustang, trailblazer ss, etc wheels and aren't seeing any improvement.

The manufactures could eliminate a lot of confusion if they'd stop calling them polished aluminum and use a more accurate term like coated aluminum or faux polished aluminum finish.

Its really annoying, but GM's 'polished aluminum' is still a painted finish... leads to lots of confusion on the part of the consumer who think they need a product like this, when they don't.

I regularly have to respond to emails about how people have tried our metal polish on their SS camaro, 370z, corvette, mustang, trailblazer ss, etc wheels and aren't seeing any improvement.

The manufactures could eliminate a lot of confusion if they'd stop calling them polished aluminum and use a more accurate term like coated aluminum or faux polished aluminum finish.

Thanks Dylan! Yeah, definitely misleading indeed. I guess I'll hold off on today's daily special then, as I can't really see what I would use it on, on a camaro. But no more APC on my wheels for me! I'm guessing everyone else uses soap?

I guess all I can do now is hope for a waterless wash daily coming Tuesday or Wednesday! Takes hours spending time to wash the car every week and hoping to cut off some of that time with this :D (if it really works ;) ) I have every other product.

Thanks Dylan! Yeah, definitely misleading indeed. I guess I'll hold off on today's daily special then, as I can't really see what I would use it on, on a camaro. But no more APC on my wheels for me! I'm guessing everyone else uses soap?

I guess all I can do now is hope for a waterless wash daily coming Tuesday or Wednesday! Takes hours spending time to wash the car every week and hoping to cut off some of that time with this :D (if it really works ;) ) I have every other product.

APC is fine on your wheels, its raw aluminum you have to be cautious with as APC can stain it. With your finish straight up APC wouldn't be that dangerous. I'd still recommend cutting it at least 50% with water or going with Green Wheel Cleaner just b/c you don't 'NEED' full strength APC to clean a wheel.

Its like swatting flies with a baseball bat... totally overkill.

sweet, I had the same question.

And a waterless wash daily would be awesome! I always hate finding a hose to wash the car when I live in an apartment complex :P

Just make sure your using the WW the proper way. What you said in the bold kind of scares me cause it sounds like you wanting to use it to clean a dirty car and not just a dusty car. I'd recommend you watching junkmans videos on the proper use of WW if you haven't.

Here's the link to the videos:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4923

I just looked at my stash.

I have (7) 16oz bottles of OLD #2 in my cabinet.

Should last me a couple months...

With your wheels and engine that may be a stretch! :D

Bought the Daily Special last week one day when it was #1 & #2 Metal Polish, two Microfiber Applicators, and two of the Dark Utility Towels.

Took care of my "Spring" Chrome Wheels and Stainless Steel Tips yesterday:

IMG_2373resize.jpg

IMG_2385resize.jpg

My fingers and nail beds are sore, brused and battered. But these wheels have never looked better!

IMG_2377resize.jpg

IMG_2383resize.jpg

Be aware, if you wash the Utility Towels their first time with your Double Soft Microfiber Towels you will end up with some to use while wiping off MSW! :jester:

IMG_2370resize.jpg