Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Containers

Its supposed to be pretty tight as being air tight is important for the stuff.

Storing at moderate temps (or even in a fridge) is a good idea.

I'm taking all this feedback to Adam and we'll discuss a redesign of the tub... its probably due for one anyways so maybe we can do something really cool.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the fridge? Really? I've just been storing it at room tempature

I keep all my waxes in a mini fridge I bought for the garage. It can get around 100 degrees in our garage at some points over the summer which just plan out isnt good for waxes.

I keep all my waxes in a mini fridge I bought for the garage. It can get around 100 degrees in our garage at some points over the summer which just plan out isnt good for waxes.

:iagree: Mid summer in SoCal can easily get north of 100* for days at a time... my waxes get stored in my garage mini fridge and the rest of the temp sensitive stuff comes inside.

Any of you folks that are attending the clinic at Thompson Racing, just take your Americana along with you. I just saw that BRZN (Dave) will attending, and he can easily get those lids off for you:

IMG_1707resize.jpg

:D

The last Americana that I purchased was extremely tight and just about impossible to open. "Accidentally" I knocked it off the work bench and the lid broke. At first is was a little disturbed by the incident, then I just placed it in a ZIPLoc bag along with the applicator. I guess this is one way to solve the issue with the container not opening???

:iagree: Mid summer in SoCal can easily get north of 100* for days at a time... my waxes get stored in my garage mini fridge and the rest of the temp sensitive stuff comes inside.

That's definitely a good reason for a garage fridge (cough) :jester:

Any of you folks that are attending the clinic at Thompson Racing, just take your Americana along with you. I just saw that BRZN (Dave) will attending, and he can easily get those lids off for you

I'll try and help my fellow forum members out where I can :lol:

I'll try and help my fellow forum members out where I can :lol:

Welcome to Adam's please note any Americanan jars that can't be opened need to be sent to BRZN(Dave) for opening free of charge!!! Pic of him opening jar $10.00!:lolsmack:

Well, I got a new tub a couple months ago. I drove allll the way to a friend's big garage so I could work under some lights. I wrestled with the tub for awhile....but finally got it open. I am just happy it was not me losing my strength.

Well I haven't had that issue. weightlifting_12.gif

Maybe I have more muscles than you boys?? :D:D

Show off! :bow:

Its supposed to be pretty tight as being air tight is important for the stuff.

Storing at moderate temps (or even in a fridge) is a good idea.

I'm taking all this feedback to Adam and we'll discuss a redesign of the tub... its probably due for one anyways so maybe we can do something really cool.

Fantastic! :rockon:

Any of you folks that are attending the clinic at Thompson Racing' date=' just take your Americana along with you. I just saw that BRZN (Dave) will attending, and he can easily get those lids off for you:

[img']http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll140/BRZN/GTO%20Paint%20Correction%202010/IMG_1707resize.jpg[/img]

A bit TOO tight I'd say...

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Any of you folks that are attending the clinic at Thompson Racing, just take your Americana along with you. I just saw that BRZN (Dave) will attending, and he can easily get those lids off for you:

IMG_1707resize.jpg

I was going to suggest the same thing. Maybe we can all get arms like that doing the Americana workout. If people will buy the shake weight they will buy this.

I've heard that there is a new container in the works.:pc:

I know that doesn't help the one that ya'll have now, so I suggest that if you can't get yours open, see either Dave or Teressa!:jester:

Bluezey:pc:

Edited by Bluezey

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having a different problem with americana container. I don't seem to have a problem opening it. But perhaps in the shipping process the container froze or something along those lines. Because all the americana in the container spins and when I put my apw applicator inside and do my left to right motion to get some wax on the applicator I don't get much because the product spins with the applicator. I also tried removed the whole chunk of wax and scoring the botton of the container so maybe it would grip on the rough edges. Now finally after getting fed up of struggling to get the product out I reamed a screw inbetween the wax and the side of the container so it won't move. Now this worked, but the chunk of wax cracked clean in half. (Mind you, its still easier now then it was before)

Edited by Jay.

Friends, I am terribly sorry to read that many of you are having difficulties with our Americana Jar!!

We are now developing a new jar, and it will not warp, and will be consistently easy to open.....

Stay tuned, and mid-summer it will be released. In the mean time, use up the old Americana, and all who have purchased a tub in the past will get a $25 credit towards the new tub, fair?

:thumbsup:

That's pretty awesome of you adam. I was putting in my two sense so the product can be improved, just trying to do my part to help out develop the products I use daily. The credit is very generous. Corky aside, this is the reason ppl swear by your products.

Friends, I am terribly sorry to read that many of you are having difficulties with our Americana Jar!!

We are now developing a new jar, and it will not warp, and will be consistently easy to open.....

Stay tuned, and mid-summer it will be released. In the mean time, use up the old Americana, and all who have purchased a tub in the past will get a $25 credit towards the new tub, fair?

:thumbsup:

Am I reading this right? :willy: Everyone who bought Americana gets a $25 credit?

Mine spins too, but I just deal with it. It really doesn't bother me. I just make sure I go straight back and fourth when putting wax on the applicator.

If this is true :bow::bow::bow::bow: