Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Just cleaning the house. Then it's time to use the car polisher to knock the wood to a perfect surface for stain. I'm never going to finish lol. My marriage depends on getting her stained after 3 years of laziness

post-13607-0-84006500-1466707928_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Waterless Wash on the ATS4 then off to a local Chevy dealer where I test drove an SS. So much like my old Holden Commodore VE SS but much improved. Didn't pull the trigger though. Could not justify $10,000 check I'd have wrote for it. In addition I'd need new wheels (hate the current ones) and winter tires so that would have been an additional 2 large. I'll stick with the Caddy...for now! ;)

Waterless wash, interior detail, leather conditioner, VRT, clay to remove some tar (white vehicle), buttery wax of the 2014 Cherokee. Now getting ready for family July 4th cookout!

Did a little polishing and a coat of liquid paint sealant on my Dad's 2002 Ford Crown Vic LX Sport. It's got about 110k miles and it's never really been properly detailed. I did two step on the hood and trunk but, he didn't want to spend a whole ton of time so we did correcting polish with the orange MF pad on the rest of the car. I did of course 'clay' it with my autoscrub, this time I used the Porter Cable for the autoscrub as well as the polishing obviously. Mainly I used Adam's pads, I have a few of the other guys pads left over as backups but, the Adam's kick butt, especially the latest gen pads. I am growing tired of the PC. I would really like to get a rupes bigfoot 15 for my 6" pads and toss the 4" backing plate and pads on the PC for tight areas but, moving into a new house in a couple of weeks that probably will have to wait till next year.

Next up is my little brothers Caddy ATS4, I did a little work on it last fall but, it needs full two step correction VRT etc. After that my Silverado needs some love but, since I knew WTF I was doing from day one on it it's not ever really taken on any major damage from washing so the clay bar, vrt and H20 G&G has really made it look awesome even though that's all it's had in the 9k miles of it's life.

Edited by imcrazy

Yesterday morning I took the twins with me to the office. Following dialogue took place in the garage as we were buckling up and tuning in Radio Disney.

Twin #2: Papa, your car is too small.

Twin #1: Yeah, it's a baby car!

Captain Slow: :(

Captain Slow: What color should I get?

Twins (in unison): Indigo!

Twin #2: ... with sparkles!

When we got home they had lunch and I rinseless washed the ATS4. We then went and took an SRT 392 for a spin...THEY LOVED IT! I on the other hand will have to pay for it so onto the back burner it went.

Continued working on my garage.  We bought this house from an investor (flipper) in October, who left the previous kitchen cabinets in the garage, thinking I might use them out there.  Nice idea, but I decided to go with shelves instead.  We came from a larger house, so we ended up using the garage as a furniture overflow area for a few months.  Aside from some extra shelves (which are going back to Home Depot) and a few broken bins that need to go to the trash, everything is finally in its place.

The final planned step is to scuff and power wash the floor, then do an epoxy coating.  I may also look into insulation, because the one attic vent is not nearly enough.  It is several degrees hotter in the garage, which is murder in Houston's summers.

Back of garage/chemical cabinet
post-12111-0-79341000-1468271037_thumb.jpg

Corner of "things that roll"
post-12111-0-29629900-1468271052_thumb.jpg

Shelves

post-12111-0-60194700-1468271056_thumb.jpg

Kwik Lift and towel bin

post-12111-0-36055800-1468271059_thumb.jpg

-Mike

Edited by chupr0kabra

Yesterday I Rinseless Washed the ATS4. Went to the office for the morning then off to the local ponds for some bass fishing. Ended the day with a red neck, bass thumb and a hungry gut. Got 21 largemouth and a bubba 10" bluegill. Thursday night my wife asked me to Rinseless Wash her beast, which I did. This meant Friday's dry forecast ended up raining on her.

Edited by Captain Slow

Nothing too exciting, just did a drivetrain service on the 07 Jeep GC. Got a say FCA has upped their 800lb gorilla to at least 1500lbs, that front diff fill plug was TIGHT!!!! Little tip that I always do, always make sure sure you can open the fill plug before draining anything, that way you don't have to turn the car on its roof to fill stuff!

Dyno Tune done on the GTO at Complete Street Performance located in West Chester, PA after my work to her from last winter. It didn't take too much tweaking from her previous tune to get her spot on. Increase of 5 horse power and 25 foot pounds of torque. She put down 405 HP with 407 foot pounds of torque. All bolt on's; stock heads and cam.

Edited by BRZN

I bought a GeekPro camera so now I can record all of my detailing adventures. I really bought it to record my fishing but what the heck maybe I'll be YouTube famous some day. Lol!

Edited by Captain Slow

Had to buff the a pillar and part of the roof on a challenger at work from a balloon leaving scratches. Used a pc 7424 with orange pad and 3m polish, not bad for a one step correction

949F95CC-80D8-4596-94D0-EE4E746E0080_zps

A94A4B9C-D496-4B6D-938B-6A4783AA1DB5_zps

Edited by garner