Customer Service 866.965.0400

Notice for white car owners!!!!

Justin@SwanCreek

Question

I noticed the other day when I was clay barring a customers white car that if the DS drys before you can wipe it off it has the potential to stain the paint... I tried to do a wipe down with DS in hopes it would remove the stains but it didnt... so I did a quick round of FMP and found that it was more then enough to take care of this problem. So my suggestion is to quickly wipe down the area you clayed before you move on to another area. And I also wanted to know if anyone else has run into this problem...

16 answers to this question

I'm guessing the DS has to be sitting for a while to dry out... right? Why's it sitting on the paint so long before a wipe down? Or is the vehicle hot from sitting out in the sun [heat]?

I've got a white vehicle and have never encountered this problem. Spray a door panel/hood/tail-gate/bumper/roof and wipe it down right away.... problem solved.

At least for me.

As I stated before, the DS gets wiped off as I go with the claying. And all of my detailing happens in a two bay shop.

I recently clayed my sisters white explorer. whatever got clayed off plus the DS made an almost brick red liquid that dried on the car. when i was done claying i washed it off with no problem with a quick car wash before polishing. i know you might not have the time or want to wash it, but it came off with adams car soap. maybe you can fill a small spray bottle with car shampoo and water mix along with a foaming sprayer to help prevent the "staining" (since you said more DS wasn't working), and maybe it will save you from having to polish after claying?

.. just a thought

I'm guessing the DS has to be sitting for a while to dry out... right? Why's it sitting on the paint so long before a wipe down? Or is the vehicle hot from sitting out in the sun [heat]?

I've got a white vehicle and have never encountered this problem. Spray a door panel/hood/tail-gate/bumper/roof and wipe it down right away.... problem solved.

At least for me.

I never had this problem, then again every time I clayed the car I always followed up with SHR,FMP and MSW. When drying I always sprayed the area and wiped out right away

when you're that far north, anything can happen eh..

The problem that I am finding is when I work on the sides of the car, when the DS runs down the paint... it is these run marks that I find are staining the paint. I also wipe the area as well after I clay... it just seems like with the car I was doing, the DS would stain no matter what. And no I was not going to do SHR and FMP after, as I run a detailing shop and not every customer can afford to have the swirl & haze process done.

Are you using the NEW DS? New has been out for probably 2 years now.

I always wipe the area that I just clayed with a blue Micro Fiber Towel. But if you are claying the car/truck, were you not planning to use SHR and FMP after you finished the clay? As for the staining maybe Adam, Dylan or Chris will weight in on that issue.

The problem that I am finding is when I work on the sides of the car, when the DS runs down the paint... it is these run marks that I find are staining the paint. I also wipe the area as well after I clay... it just seems like with the car I was doing, the DS would stain no matter what. And no I was not going to do SHR and FMP after, as I run a detailing shop and not every customer can afford to have the swirl & haze process done.

Just did my wife's white car this past weekend. After I was done with everything, two days after claying, I opened the doors and there was remnants of DS that had dried in the door jambs. Wiped right off with a microfiber. I had wiped down the door jambs prior to the clay session with WCW, perhaps that helped keep it from staining?

I always wipe the area that I just clayed with a blue Micro Fiber Towel. But if you are claying the car/truck, were you not planning to use SHR and FMP after you finished the clay? As for the staining maybe Adam, Dylan or Chris will weight in on that issue.

Yep... I've had that happen before on my F150. FMP or Revive will remove it.

I only noticed it with the older DS and haven't seen it with the newer DS.

Archived