Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dawn and cross contaminates

Fit08

Question

All right all you chemical junkies, I've been awondering about those of us who use dawn to strip the car using the same wash mit and buckets if even after a good rinse if some chemiclas stay behind?

Most likely getting alittle to into but you know us detail junkies!

17 answers to this question

Its far too simple of a process to justify a video.

Spray isopropyl alcohol either onto the panel or onto a towel, wipe, done.

Is that 3 light sprays or 2? Is the wiping motion horizontal or vertical? How much pressure are you applying in the wipe down?

I keeed I keeed.:banana::lol::lol::lol::lol::willy:

All right all you chemical junkies, I've been awondering about those of us who use dawn to strip the car using the same wash mit and buckets if even after a good rinse if some chemiclas stay behind?

Most likely getting alittle to into but you know us detail junkies!

Really, doesn't everyone just have different wash mitts for this application, as well as a different mitt for each day of the week??? Sounds like a simple solution to me.:lolsmack:

Dang it! Just wasted a good case of India Pale Ale :willy:

J/K If there's still a good coat of wax on the car McDuff it could clog up the clay and polishing pads: so removing as much of the wax as you can ahead of the clay should make things go easier from there. If it's been six weeks/washes or more since the last wax job I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Assuming you clean your wash pads after use and then any small traces of chemical would be EXTREMELY diluted by the time you went to use them again I don't think its something to be really all that concerned about.

good to know, thats something I was worried about too..

Archived