Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which wax is best?

rcode99

Question

Adams make several so which offers the best protection, and then shine? I get the impression that the buttery wax is great but doesn't last as long as the Americana. There are so many videos and comments from helpful readers that it gets a little confusing. Thanks.

Is the car in question a daily driven car?

If so, you may want to think about the MSS then. If it's a garage baby that isn't a DD, then BG and Buttery or even better, BG and APW are just fine

Mook

Yup, it's a daily driver. One way to work is about 20 miles and its pretty much all highway.

Sounds good. Maybe I'll just do the glaze then the buttery wax. My car is garage kept out of the elements so not sure if I need the sealant. What do you think Dylan? Also, I read on the tip sheet that the sealant takes time to cure. Does that mean I have to wait to take off what I applied?

Is the car in question a daily driven car?

If so, you may want to think about the MSS then. If it's a garage baby that isn't a DD, then BG and Buttery or even better, BG and APW are just fine

Mook

Sounds good. Maybe I'll just do the glaze then the buttery wax. My car is garage kept out of the elements so not sure if I need the sealant. What do you think Dylan? Also, I read on the tip sheet that the sealant takes time to cure. Does that mean I have to wait to take off what I applied?

MSS take 20 - 30 minutes to 'cure' (longer if the humidity is high) before wiping it off. Don't put anything on top of it for at least 12 hours.

I think I may have found the problem... I just happened to be parked under those big orange lights last night at the local Tex-Mex joint and I looked at the hood and I noticed some "artifacts" ... just in that light at just the right angle it looks like I have a ka-zillion little marks all over the hood. they are very uniform and look like tiny little upside down letter "J" s.

I am guessing they are marks left by my "correction" technique and S&H, I must have not gotten them polished out completely with the FMP..

does this sound logical? I tried getting a close up but I can't even see the "J"s under my spotlights here at home.

I used the MSW, then Buttery and it's really slick but it has almost a slight hazy look to the finish. I see that the MSW , BG, then top with Americana seems to be the preference for the deepest, wettest look with most here.

question, will adding the BG, over the Buttery I've already applied add more depth and wet look than the Buttery over MSW I have now? Americana over the BG seems to add depth and shine, would adding the Buttery over the BG also add shine?

thanks

NICE MUSTANG! Same color as mine. I have experimented with all the Adams wax and sealant combinations on my car and have deducted that "less is more". Either Americana OR MSS, both is a waste and by adding Americana over MSS you will get the filminess or hazy look that you have described in the right light. I think the same applies to Buttery over MSS. I have tried the BG on my Mustang and to be honest, with that flat blue grabber blue paint, it didn't make any difference. It is awesome on glass though.

Adams make several so which offers the best protection, and then shine? I get the impression that the buttery wax is great but doesn't last as long as the Americana. There are so many videos and comments from helpful readers that it gets a little confusing. Thanks.

You are going to get your "shine" from polishing your paint. You do that well, and you can't lose with any of the Adam's line-up of wax's. I haven't used the Americana yet, but the buttery is so easy to use, you can't go wrong. Once your paint is in the shape you want it, you can apply the buttery every few weeks, and you'll get so good it only takes about a half hour to wax on, wax off :)

I used the MSW, then Buttery and it's really slick but it has almost a slight hazy look to the finish. I see that the MSW , BG, then top with Americana seems to be the preference for the deepest, wettest look with most here.

question, will adding the BG, over the Buttery I've already applied add more depth and wet look than the Buttery over MSW I have now? Americana over the BG seems to add depth and shine, would adding the Buttery over the BG also add shine?

thanks

Good stuff here. Love threads like this.

Yeah, same here, I read every post. With so many products and different vehicle paint types and environmental things, there are so many variables. Its nice to hear everyones experience with them.

Me, I just wish I had more time to test and play with protection. I have three vehicles and a busy life, its hard to keep them perfect. I still have yet to perfect the paint on my sierra denali, and its just nagging at me to get out there and do it.

I am looking forward to the spray sealant especially for our black work van, cause it sits outside day and night. It will help keep them protected when I can't spend a day or so on them.

I really want to try the machine sealant, BG, Americana combo soon. I've had the products waiting, just need the time

I always use Machine Super Sealant as a base on my DD. I top it with BG and then Americana. Looks great, has lots of protection.

Here is MSS over a freshly polished hood. BTW there is a little road film on the hood - I just drove it through the rain for a bit. Nothing else on the hood.

1112111346R.jpg

1112111345R.jpg

So is it safe to say that putting Americana on top of the sealant is a waste of time or will it produce a better shine on top. And will the brilliant glaaze of applied directly of top of the sealant reduce the life expectancy of the sealant as some say it will do to wax? Thanks for the tips, BTW.

According to Dylan "Sealants tend to lack the depth/wetness of a natural wax but still give very intensely reflective shine." By applying a coat of Americana over Machine Super Sealant (MSS), you get the depth/wetness of shine, plus it adds to the longevity of the MSS. So no it is not a waste. I actually apply MSS then Brilliant Glaze (BG) then Americana. The Americana extends the longevity of the BG, and the

MSS. My vehicles are Ford Bright White and Ford Red Candy. You can't tell the difference in depth so much on the white, but it really makes the metallic pop in the Red Candy!!

Soooo, I have an Azure Blue Mach. It's kind of a bright color...no pigment...just solid paint if you know what I mean. Would I be satisfied with the results of the sealant if I wanted less maintenance...although the car will pretty much be in a garage when not in use. Just looking for opinions and I know everyone has them.

I use MSS for the protection and Americana for a little extra 'pop'. Also, MSS lasts a while, and sometimes you just need to rub on your ride!

Soooo, I have an Azure Blue Mach. It's kind of a bright color...no pigment...just solid paint if you know what I mean. Would I be satisfied with the results of the sealant if I wanted less maintenance...although the car will pretty much be in a garage when not in use. Just looking for opinions and I know everyone has them. I mean the paint is in good shape for an 8-9 year old car. Probably as good as some new cars. Just has some real fine scratches. Thanks again.

So is it safe to say that putting Americana on top of the sealant is a waste of time or will it produce a better shine on top. And will the brilliant glaaze of applied directly of top of the sealant reduce the life expectancy of the sealant as some say it will do to wax? Thanks for the tips, BTW.

Archived