Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's In a Name?

Diggerdan11

So I am a member of way to many forums, and I always look at different peoples names on these forums and wonder how they cam up with them. Some of them are easy like those who discribe what there car they own is in there name.

So how did you guys/gals come up with your forum names, and what do they mean?

I will Start. I have the exact same name on every forum I am a member of.

The First word in my name is Digger which is my nick name. That name was given to me when I was born by one of my cousins and it stuck.

My initials are DGR so when you sound those out it sounds like Di-G-Rrr.

Dan is short for Daniel which is my real name, and 11 was always my number when I was younger and played sports.

Thats how you get Diggerdan11

Well mine is kind of a nickname / inside joke / title....

I'm a Firefighter so, FF. The Kingsford came from when I started in the fire service, no one could remember my last name (Kingsnorth) everyone thought it was Kingsford, like the charcoal. So it stuck as a nickname at the Fire Dept.

FFKingsford.

Mook

(nickname)

@Adams

(b/c I work there :lol:)

I used to rock MookStunna. Back when I was in the restaurant industry, someone stuck me with the nickname, "Mookie", as a Mook is slang yet somehow endearing to me for being 100% Italian. Okay, 50% Sicilian, 50% Calabrese.

Adams forum= BrianT first name last initial

Cummins forum, Turbo Diesel Register, Diesel truck resource = HOBrian I drive a High Output Cummins diesel.

Jeep Forum= Jeep Brian Wife has a jeep and my name is Brian

Firebird Nation= Brian68 Year of the Firebird

I recently learned that mine has caused confusion. I am not Italian, or french (well at least not for 15 or so generations). It is just my first initial, middle initial, and last name. I use the same name on nearly every forum i belong to. Nothing terribly clever.

David I Polley = dipolley

My first experience with forums was at Welcome to Remote Central: Universal Remote Control Reviews & More! Didnt really unstand the point or value in them until i was at training and someone had mentioned they found a tip off of RC. I am also a member of a closed forum called Integration Pros. Its not open to the public so us integrator's can talk prices, strategies and issues behind public knowledge :D When i first Signed up for RC i didnt know what to put down so u just used my company name and the last two initials of it. (signature sound & video)= SignatureSV

When i started getting more and more into forums i needed a better name then that (about this time last year) so i decided since i was getting a 3pedal Mini my name might as well be 3PedalMINI...im a stick snob so if i ever get anything else i can do 3pedalBMW or 3PedalAudi etc..I like it and i wish i could change from signaturesv to 3pedalMINI over there.....

Ohh well.

Wait let me guess, your name is Matt and you drive a Charger? If im right what do I win?:lolsmack:

Well...

In a past life I played for the San Diego Chargers, I wasn't too great so you probably don't remember me. Whenever I got on the field my family would hold a sign up that said Matt 3:16. It became my favorite book of the bible. holy crap did you actually keep reading this far?

Well...

In a past life I played for the San Diego Chargers, I wasn't too great so you probably don't remember me. Whenever I got on the field my family would hold a sign up that said Matt 3:16. It became my favorite book of the bible. holy crap did you actually keep reading this far?

:lol: I did

Archived