Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana isn't giving me that final satisfaction

Big O

Question

Just finished doing the full progression on a 05 GMC Sierra. Flex with SHR then FMP. Laid down some quick sealant and let it set over night (ran out of time). Wiped the truck down and placed some brilliant glaze on and off. Finished off with a thin coating of Americana. Feeling pretty darn pleased with myself I proceded to do my finishing move of throwing the towel across the hood and watching it slide effortlessly into the detail cart. Normally I had been using xxx's wax and this was my first real application of Americana and was a little subdued when the towel came to a screaching halt mid hood.

I'm sure Americana is a superior product to my previous products but why the high friction? Is this how it normally is or did i mess something up.

It always made me feel so good to watch that towel fly off into the sunset.

you got it Adam! This makes sense, I've never used this level of high quality towel before so that might be the variable. I don't know why but it just makes that last check mark on my list and puts a big smile on my face. I'll report back tomorrow :xfingers:

Ten four on that ... I'm a little slow on the uptake tonight. Will detail spray discharge also or obly ww

Also, with fresh Americana, SOME have had some hazing/reaction issues when using DS...WW does not have the same issue.

Try a quick wipe down with WW or DS, maybe you went a little thick with the Americana and didn't get it all off ?

:iagree:Less is more when applying Americana.

Also, with fresh Americana, SOME have had some hazing/reaction issues when using DS...WW does not have the same issue.

:iagree:Use WW!

First shot with was with a dirty double soft ... then I tried the clean single and similar result. Don't get me wrong, its smooth and soft just not slippery.

I found the same thing. Americana not slippery on paint but smooth from previous clay and polish prep. I think if you look at chemicle makeup you would find the polymers more "slick" then natural carnuba waxes in my limited knowledge.

In my thought all is ok.

Honestly, were complaining bc a towel doesn't slide across the hood?

Americana is designed to make your MF slide down your hood. Its designed to make water bead off and protect the paint.

Sorry, not in a good mood tonight, my beloved LEAFS lost tonight!

Definately not complaining, just curious about the slipperyness. Towel slide is just a personal trigger that makes me happy after waxing.

Well did the ww wipe down (pleasurable!) and we are in the same spot. I set a bottle on the hood and it slid off just fine. Must just be the difference between caranuba and and poly. Either way truck looks good and feels good, and dare I say smells good? Haha

Tim, use a cruddy towel to toss across the hood! It will slide like mad. Our towels are made to stick, and remove residue better than anything. Want to see a towel slide.....use a CHINA microfiber or a cotton towel...

Trust me, the wax is slick, but the towel is made to grip, so that is picks up every molecule of residue on the finish!

:thumbsup:

Honestly, were complaining bc a towel doesn't slide across the hood?

Americana is designed to make your MF slide down your hood. Its designed to make water bead off and protect the paint.

Sorry, not in a good mood tonight, my beloved LEAFS lost tonight!

I set a bottle on the hood and it slid off just fine.

:help:

Don't do that! lol!!! I did the same thing a my new to me 68 Bird the first time I corrected the beach towel drying method from the previous owner.:willy: I put the bottle down on the center of the hood, right on the nice no swirl no scratches finish and watched in horror as the bottle left a nice big long scuff on the hood!:help::help: slid really really well but I had to start all over from the SHR to the FMP to the SMP! Not fun!!!!:lolsmack:

Americana gives happy endings?!?!? What doesn't this stuff do!

Haha - no no, I was referring to this:

I was following this story and am glad to hear that it wasn't a bad batch problem. Thanks for the update!

In any case.... i see what you did there

I need to tread carefully, mods are nice here but my comparison of the camaro's car cover fitting like Nicki Minaj's jeans didn't go over so well with them in another thread lol

Sounds like the Americana dried on the finish. Did you apply it in the sun? Did you coat the whole truck then come back and start removing. I usually apply Americana to 2-3 panels then go back and remove it to prevent it from drying on the finish.

in a temperature controlled shop ... been in there for several days.

Did hood and driver fender then removed hood and fender. Did both driver side doors and removed, etc

Started removing with single soft but switched back to the double soft as i like it better. Tried a section with detail spray and didn't like that too much, easier without.

And just incase I'm not being clear ... the product removed just fine. But when I was done and putting stuff away I like to watch a towel slide across a freshly waxed hood, was not able to do that this time, it slide a bit then stopped. The finish isn't as slippery as I'm used it.

Did the towel have product on it? Perhaps there was some static from wiping the Americana off. I haven't used any of my Americana yet, but I have never thrown a towel across the hood. I just feel the paint with the back of my finger to see how smooth it is.

Archived