Customer Service 866.965.0400

My New Ride...

DAVE SXT

Traded my 2011 1LT Camaro for this Beauty. 2013 Scion FR-S with a 6 speed manual tranny, 200 rwhp, and all the trimmins'. Pics of the interior to follow later. I told the dealer not to touch that I would detail it and thanks to Adams as always, she looks great! Absolutely no dealer installed swirl marks what-so-ever. The color is called "white-out", but the paint looks identical to Cadillac's Mother of Pearl.

I like the FRS a lot, and they are supposed to be a lot of fun to drive. Just not family friendly at the moment so I won't be considering one. I am however considering a 2013 Ford fusion, it's great looking and family friendly. Hopefully it won't be a complete bore to drive.

via Tapatalk on my Galaxy Slll

Are the differences between the Scion and Subaru merely cosmetic?

Yes. Just minor differences. The Subaru has air vents in front of the doors, it also comes with a spoiler, and there are minor differences with the grill and air ducts next to tthe grill. There are different color options. Besides that they are the same car

Are the differences between the Scion and Subaru merely cosmetic?

"There is one minor difference remaining, but it will only be picked out by the true enthusiasts. Behind the wheel, both the FR-S and BRZ feel lively, supplying just the right mix of balanced handling and rev-happy power. But the FR-S will demonstrate a slightly (but noticeably to those with a nose for it) greater willingness to rotate--that is, to move around its central axis. The Subaru BRZ, on the other hand, demonstrates a very slight bias toward understeer at the limits. This fundamental difference is due to Scion's revised rear spring and bushing choices. While it may sway the true sports car fan one way or another, most people won't--and shouldn't--notice the difference."

So just barely. Dave congrats on the new ride. Have you hit any twistys yet? Hows it handle?

I like the FRS a lot, and they are supposed to be a lot of fun to drive. Just not family friendly at the moment so I won't be considering one. I am however considering a 2013 Ford fusion, it's great looking and family friendly. Hopefully it won't be a complete bore to drive.

Nice ride Dave! I've been watching these intently... Not that I will get one, just that I like that someone took a chance on a RWD platform finally.

Ryan, I think you'll like the Fusion. It's pretty European so that'll help with the "fun to drive" quotient.

My brother fully intends to dump his G37 for a Fusion in the next year or so.

Dave, let me know when you want to change your username... :thumbsup:

Those are pretty cool looking cars... there was really modded one at SEMA last year at the SEMA booth and it was pretty sweet. Any particular reason for the change or just got the "new car itch"?
Just the "new car itch" Dylan. This makes my 6th new car in 9 years. The Camaro was destined for lots of problems (I've had two major issues with it since purchasing and it only had 5580 miles). My DD is a 2010 Scion TC RS 6.0, and has 20K in 2 years and not one single issue or CEL, etc., it just seemed to be the thing to do.

The FR-S definitely is not a family car. With both front seats all the way back, the back of the front seat meets the front of the buket benches in the rear. Absolutely no leg room for rear passengers unless both in the front seat are short and can pull the seats forward. I like the looks of the Fusion, but just have never been a Ford enthusiast.

Yes. Just minor differences. The Subaru has air vents in front of the doors, it also comes with a spoiler, and there are minor differences with the grill and air ducts next to tthe grill. There are different color options. Besides that they are the same car
About the only mod I will do when it becomes available will be the rear spoiler. Got to have it.

nice! I have been looking at a new FRS myself recently. how do you like it so far?
I love it and it drives and handles almost if not a tie with my 2007 Honda S-2000.

Nice ride Dave! I've been watching these intently... Not that I will get one, just that I like that someone took a chance on a RWD platform finally. Agreed, been wanting a RWD for quite awhile. Had it on the S-2000 and loved it, but I had other minor issues with the S2K.

Ryan, I think you'll like the Fusion. It's pretty European so that'll help with the "fun to drive" quotient.

My brother fully intends to dump his G37 for a Fusion in the next year or so.

Dave, let me know when you want to change your username... :thumbsup:

I actually didn't think about that, but if you could change it to: DAVE FR-S, that would be cool. Thanks for mentioning that.

Nice multi-quote! :D

Thanks. I just love this forum. I didn't know how to multi-quote, so I made a new thread in the Forum Support, got my answer, almost before I hit the submit new thread button and went to town. There just is not IMHO a better forum to be a part of other than this one. Thanks.

Would love to play around with this car at my road track. I love my (FWD) car, but there's just something about RWD when going through some of those turns...!

Being a "support your own economy"-kinda guy, I've always said that the only Japanese car I'd ever consider buying is a Nissan GT-R. But this one...would be tough as well (provided I could add 100 horses for $3K like I did with my Cobalt ).

I just wish GM came out with a rwd or awd compact packing 250+ horses, I'd be all over that :)

I believe the FR-S has a lower stance & lower drag coefficient than the scoobie as well? Or am I wrong?

I gotta be honest. The commercial for this car had me MESMERIZED, until I saw what it was for. And then I said - "Oh my gawd. Are you kidding me? A freaking Scion???!" Didn't think I'd dig this car AT ALL. Was very pessimistic about it. And then I saw one.............I haven't been IN one. But on appearances alone........car is pretty sick, I gotta admit. And it seems good on paper. VERY CURIOUS as to how it drives.

I gotta be honest. She's beggin' for a 1" drop & some wider wheels. But that's just how my brain works lol. Nice ride man, CONGRATS!!!

Just stopped and looked at one last night IDENTICAL to that one. My GF wants one and talked me into it.

Few things, my friend's client is Five Axis: Five AD, look them up and look at their spoiler, they make a whole Five Axis kit for them. All in all if you did EVERYTHING they offer its around $3300 but looks BAD ***. Take a peek at them and it might be the spoiler you want.

He got to drive the concept and when he compared them to a BRZ he said what i did... The BRZ is identical to the FRS.... except you pay subaru prices for the BRZ, which I have found is $5000 more easily. Id gladly drive the FRS over the BRZ. Everyone says they handle better and are just all around better than this BRZ subaru put out.