Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dilution

Captain Awesome

Question

So what products do you dilute and what ratio? The only thing I dilute at the moment is APC at 50%. This cleans almost everything, but if it doesn't, 100% does.

L&IC - 1:1 or 2:1, rarely ever find a need for full strength

APC - 1:1 and Full Strength

Car Shampoo - 3oz per 36 oz bottle for foaming; 16 oz per gallon for foam guns per the ready made gallon recommended by MC2HILL

All others full strength.

I wish some stuff was more concentrated - to the point you need to dilute it. For example, 1 gallon APC concentrate that makes 5 gallons when diluted. It would save space, shipping and plastic.

Problem is you can't make sure everyone would dilute it properly.

I wish some stuff was more concentrated - to the point you need to dilute it. For example, 1 gallon APC concentrate that makes 5 gallons when diluted. It would save space, shipping and plastic.

Problem is you can't make sure everyone would dilute it properly.

This is probably my biggest issue with the Adams product line. Products like APC, waterless wash, mf detergent and really all cleaners should be sold in concentrated form. The savings are enormous. Some of the new products out there have up to 4 purposes depending on the dilution - they are sold as a rinseless wash - but can be diluted to a waterless wash, a QD or clay lube all for the price of one. Dilution recommedations are easily added to the label and you simply need extra spray bottles alloted to each task. I really hope Adams is considering this as it's a no brainer for the consumer...

Dilute = Less Effective.

After I got my vehicles to where I want them I just started using less product. I do use the "MILK", 50/50. My General Grabber UHP's are a pain to get the Super VRT in all the crevices.

Dilute = Less Effective.

Not true with the Leather & Interior Cleaner. If you have a vehicle that needs that stuff at full strength, it's been sitting in storage for 10 years, that or the owner of the vehicle doesn't use a plate and eats off the dash:)

I rarely ever need APC at full strength anymore (NorCal weather is almost always nice, so tires stay relatively clean). Always use least abbrasive method first, and if you can double or tripe the product you have and save $$, it's a no brainer.

IMO opinion an APC should always be made for dillution. By nature of an APC, you should be able to use it for 4 or 5 purposes at different dillution levels. But you are correct, APC is less affective if dilluted, because it's designed to be used at full strength.

This is probably my biggest issue with the Adams product line. Products like APC, waterless wash, mf detergent and really all cleaners should be sold in concentrated form. The savings are enormous. Some of the new products out there have up to 4 purposes depending on the dilution - they are sold as a rinseless wash - but can be diluted to a waterless wash, a QD or clay lube all for the price of one. Dilution recommedations are easily added to the label and you simply need extra spray bottles alloted to each task. I really hope Adams is considering this as it's a no brainer for the consumer...

:iagree:

I've actually recently switched out an Adam's product simply for this reason. (From your description I'm using the same product and couldn't be happier.) The ridiculous amount of savings for me diluting a competitor's concentrate that gives me the same fantastic results was just too tempting to pass up. However, I will always use Adam's for items that I'm more slow to go through (i.e, SHR, FMP, sealant, wax, etc.).

Does anyone dilute Undercarriage Spray? Love this stuff, but I go through it too quickly and had considered trying dilution.

Experiment with it and let us know.:thumbsup: Personally, I'm inclined to leave it at full strength since it's designed to stay on the area where you spray it (as opposed to APC which you're going to rinse off). But try 80/20 and see if it still gives you satisfactory results, or if that bit of extra longevity is worth the trade-off in performance.

Experiment with it and let us know.:thumbsup: Personally, I'm inclined to leave it at full strength since it's designed to stay on the area where you spray it (as opposed to APC which you're going to rinse off). But try 80/20 and see if it still gives you satisfactory results, or if that bit of extra longevity is worth the trade-off in performance.

If i remember correctly UC is not water based opposed to SVRT, APC, etc so I do not think it would dilute very well.

:iagree:

I've actually recently switched out an Adam's product simply for this reason. (From your description I'm using the same product and couldn't be happier.) The ridiculous amount of savings for me diluting a competitor's concentrate that gives me the same fantastic results was just too tempting to pass up. However, I will always use Adam's for items that I'm more slow to go through (i.e, SHR, FMP, sealant, wax, etc.).

:2thumbs:

Dilute = Less Effective.

Sorry but that's not true at all, however, you may have misunderstood my position. I am referring to the product being sold in a concentrated form so that you can dilute it to your specific needs. Not a "ready to use" product being further diluted to the point it becomes ineffective.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Sorry but that's not true at all, however, you may have misunderstood my position. I am referring to the product being sold in a concentrated form so that you can dilute it to your specific needs. Not a "ready to use" product being further diluted to the point it becomes ineffective.

After reading it again I see what you're getting at.

Yes, but sometimes you don't need full strength to get the desired results.

Concentrated Adams product would be fantastic! Then everyone can dilute it to whatever concentration their hearts desire. :rockon:

I agree. Of course you would need big bold letters stating its concentrated to avoid new threads like "I sprayed APC on my rims and accidentally got it on my paint and my paint fell off. Is this normal?" Lol

Sell it in tablets. Four make a gallon at full strength, two is half strength. Sell the gallon container empty like the 36 oz bottles.

The key would be the cost to make the concentrate into a tablet. Plus if the tablet (or powder) does not completely dissolve will it scratch what it is supposed to clean?

Edited by Feets31

He's talking about a Rinseless Wash.

Our products are designed to be used how we sell them. Good suggestions in this thread, we're watching.

Mook

And your products are great as they are. Apc might be a little too good, and we can dilute that some. What I'm talking about is changing them, making them more concentrated, so I can dilute it to the same great stuff I buy today, but throw out less plastic, save gas from shipping less weight and saving space with my detail stuff. I'm getting away with it so far, but I've taken over almost a whole closet in the laundry room.

Part of this is when I go to buy roundup, I buy the 6 oz concentrate that makes a gallon, not the ready to spray stuff.

edit: by throw out above, I do mean recycle - I recycle everything I can.

Edited by Tim