Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chemical Guys White Wax

jennecarter

Question

I purchased this stuff maybe a couple of months ago, finally got around to trying it. The wax is intended for use on white cars but as most of us know it would do fine on any color car. I properly cleaned the vehicle before use as well.

The wax is in a paste jar but has a more liquid consistency. It resembles yoghurt more than anything else. I applied the wax by hand and found it very difficult to apply. It was very draggy, and made the pad extremely resistant to glide across the paint. I tried thin and thick layers, and a thicker layer proved to spread easier but that is obviously improper usage.

I let the wax set up for maybe 30 min and wiped clean. I have never used anything so difficult. I ended up having to go over the car twice with V07 and a microfiber to get all the wax residue off. There was no dusting from from White Wax but it was by far the most difficult wax I have ever used. I think you can do a lot better for your money with other products.

18 answers to this question

I bought some of their black wax a couple of years ago. Worst product I ever used. I threw it out after the first time I used it. I won't use another paste wax other than Americana. I also think it's a big gimmick saying that a certain wax is made for a particular color paint.

Some waxes are color charged and can see more of a difference the more coats you put on.  So, its really not a gimmick like SYMAWD posted above.  

CG's white wax has very light abrasives I believe.  Ive never been a fan of CG and yes I have tried their products...

Edited by JHL88

What am I looking at?

Various types of Dodo Juice waxes layered multiple times.  It shows which waxes are color charged and which color they are.  (Green, Yellow, Blue, Orange etc.)

Edited by JHL88

I have tried various Chemical Guys lsp's and while some have their strengths and weaknesses (both paste and sealant), I do find Adam's Paint Sealant to be one of the best looking and performing as well as easy to use lsp's.  However, I have yet to try Americana so I cannot not comment on how it performs, but it seems to do excellent.

Edited by chas

I bought a tub a month ago but have yet to try it out. I've read the usually not so favorable opinions of waxes with "color enhancing" marketing but figured what the heck. I'll probably give it a go here in about a month as my last wax before winter hibernation. I also have some sample pots of the light paint geared Dodo Juice hard and soft waxes.

My last LSP on the car I put on a coat of Americana, and topped it with a coat of Blackfire midnight sun. I was VERY pleased with the results!

Edited by 2quikta

I have tried various Chemical Guys lsp's and while some have their strengths and weaknesses (both paste and sealant), I do find Adam's Paint Sealant to be one of the best looking and performing as well as easy to use lsp's.  However, I have yet to try Americana so I cannot not comment on how it performs, but it seems to do excellent.

Chas.....come by the shop anytime to sample a little of the Americana goodness!

- Darryl

I purchased this stuff maybe a couple of months ago, finally got around to trying it. The wax is intended for use on white cars but as most of us know it would do fine on any color car. I properly cleaned the vehicle before use as well.

The wax is in a paste jar but has a more liquid consistency. It resembles yoghurt more than anything else. I applied the wax by hand and found it very difficult to apply. It was very draggy, and made the pad extremely resistant to glide across the paint. I tried thin and thick layers, and a thicker layer proved to spread easier but that is obviously improper usage.

I let the wax set up for maybe 30 min and wiped clean. I have never used anything so difficult. I ended up having to go over the car twice with V07 and a microfiber to get all the wax residue off. There was no dusting from from White Wax but it was by far the most difficult wax I have ever used. I think you can do a lot better for your money with other products.

Well at least you learned what your problem is. WRONG PRODUCT!  Once you try the Americana you'll notice the difference right away.  Both my cars are white(ish).  Plus I'm 68 and don't have the strength to have to work hard for results anymore. Americana give great shine, great protection, and it's really easy to use. 

I bought some of their black wax a couple of years ago. Worst product I ever used. I threw it out after the first time I used it. I won't use another paste wax other than Americana. I also think it's a big gimmick saying that a certain wax is made for a particular color paint.

You haven't tried Patriot then!  HOLY COW I love that stuff!  I have unused Americana...  

I've tried a lot of paste waxes over my 61 years and by far the Americana is the easiest on/off I have used and I apply it by hand. Note: 2 thin coats are better than 1 heavy coat.

You need to try Patriot my friend....