Customer Service 866.965.0400

will this come off?

SS LeadFoot

Question

13 answers to this question

fender liners are harder to get clean than pain IMO.. use clay if that doesnt work try apc worst case scenario depending on how dry the paint is paint thinner ive even heard of people using kerosene...im sure people wont reccomend using that but ive seen it work with no ill effect..

Road line paint, after a month it's going to be set up pretty hard. Think about it; the stuff is made to take all sorts of weather, traffic and plows. 3M Adhesive and plastic razor blades are going to be your best bet Seth. You should be able to find the plastic razor blades at most any PBE (Paint & Body Equipment) location. The same location should have the adhesive remover too, if not, auto box stores should have it. Soak a paper towel with the adhesive remover and hold it on a small section for a minute or so to soften the bond of the road paint to your vehicle. After the minute or so begin carefully scraping. Wipe the blade regularly so you'll lessen the chance of scratching the vehicle's finish with the paint you're removing.

You may find it comes off the inner fender liners easily, that's what I've found on the vehicles I've removed this paint from.

Have your wife help, bet she won't do that again!  :rolleyes:

Let us know how you make out.

Edited by BRZN

Isopropyl  alcohol will work... test a hidden area first Just spray over the inner fender area with 3M rubberized undercoat. I think I have a thread on here from the last one I did, I will see if I can find it