Customer Service 866.965.0400

Advice needed on Brush Pole

Vrog

Question

Hello,

I have a lifted truck so using the lambswool mitt is a bit of a pain. Its does a great job but water runs down my arm causing me to get wet sleeves and pants. Now that the cold weather is here I'm looking for a good pole brush to use. I can't seem to find  straight answer as some swear by boars head brushes while some say they scratch and swirl like crazy.

I have a 20 year old fuller brush that I keep very clean and is real soft. I usually only buy white or silver cars so swirls or light scratchers never were a problem for me.

Well its been 15 years since I had a black truck and I figure I would be dumb enough to give it a try again. I sold my pearl white platinum f350 and bought a tuxedo black platinum f450.

I took it home and spend 6 hours getting it the way I wanted. Wash, clay, seal and amerciana. It looks perfect. I don't want to use my trusty 20 year old brush on it fearing I may ruin all my hard work.

Anyone have an option for me? 

post-12359-0-40396300-1415458863_thumb.jpgpost-12359-0-02597600-1415458929_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

Nice trucks Roger!  I like this pole, which I was able to buy at our local Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_496340-1199-2324_0__?productId=4755038&Ntt=extension+pole&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dextension%2Bpole&facetInfo=

Also, we have a prototype truck/ boat/ RV wash brush, that I'd be happy to get your input on.

Email me, or place an order and mention in the notes to include it!

Thanks Roger!

^^^^

I've been looking everywhere for something I would use on my truck. Even tried to come up with something I could rig up to an Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt.

Haven't found anything suitable yet.

Washing from a wheelchair presents similar challenges.  I use a 5 ft long wooden painters pole and topped off with a boar's hair car wash brush.  I've wrapped the pole with some (7/8" ID x 1/2 wall ) foam pipe insulation and dipped the handle end with some plastidip to help protect the paint.

15749237592_94fab922ef_z.jpg

15562538817_0dccdeb6be_z.jpg

15747704125_b1c78508e5_z.jpg

Edited by rshadd

Washing from a wheelchair presents similar challenges.  I use a 5 ft long wooden painters pole and topped off with a boar's hair car wash brush.  I've wrapped the pole with some (7/8" ID x 1/2 wall ) foam pipe insulation and dipped the handle end with some plastidip to help protect the paint.

15749237592_94fab922ef_z.jpg

15562538817_0dccdeb6be_z.jpg

15747704125_b1c78508e5_z.jpg

Thanks for the info Rich.  I wondered what you routine was.

In the interim of Adam's prototype wash brushes, if you must use one, I recommend the Autofiber Washstik mop, and get a few refill pads, they can be laundered with your MF towels easily.  Personally I wouldn't use poles with brushes on my vehicles but I understand if you have a huge wide lifted truck and or physically can't do it.

http://www.microfibertech.com/Autofiber-Washstik-Car-Wash-Mop_p_277.html

washstik-complete_1000_NEW.jpg

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Hello,

I have a lifted truck so using the lambswool mitt is a bit of a pain. Its does a great job but water runs down my arm causing me to get wet sleeves and pants. Now that the cold weather is here I'm looking for a good pole brush to use. I can't seem to find  straight answer as some swear by boars head brushes while some say they scratch and swirl like crazy.

I have a 20 year old fuller brush that I keep very clean and is real soft. I usually only buy white or silver cars so swirls or light scratchers never were a problem for me.

Well its been 15 years since I had a black truck and I figure I would be dumb enough to give it a try again. I sold my pearl white platinum f350 and bought a tuxedo black platinum f450.

I took it home and spend 6 hours getting it the way I wanted. Wash, clay, seal and amerciana. It looks perfect. I don't want to use my trusty 20 year old brush on it fearing I may ruin all my hard work.

Anyone have an option for me? 

attachicon.gifIMG_2715.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_2450.jpg

if you are having issues, I'd be more than happy to take the F450 off your hands!!!  nice truck

Nice trucks Roger!  I like this pole, which I was able to buy at our local Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_496340-1199-2324_0__?productId=4755038&Ntt=extension+pole&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dextension%2Bpole&facetInfo=

Also, we have a prototype truck/ boat/ RV wash brush, that I'd be happy to get your input on.

Email me, or place an order and mention in the notes to include it!

Thanks Roger!

Any update on this. Is it going to make the cut?

Crazy.. I was going to send an email to tech to see if this is still in the works. Now an old thread pops up.

I like polishing more than I like washing my truck by hand. So I don't mind the tradeoff of causing light swirls if a good brush was afford. 

We continue to test... its a really counter intuitive item for us to offer... we are in the business of offering perfection (or at least very close to it), so selling anything that is counter to that goes against what our best practices would preach.

What about one that had a velcro pad at the end that would match up to one sided adams wash pads made for it? Then you could still pull it off and grit guard and wash safely.

Cool step. I know my pre Adams method was 90% pole brush from a big box store and I'm sure it was horrible for my paint. Now I use the Adams mit but sure wouldn't mind a pole with a head that can hold Adams mits or have mits of their own washing lifted jeeps is bad but huge lifted 4 door trucks takes for ever with out a pole. I've thought about making holder for the Adams wedge but like using mits. Is there any advancements on the development on this or was it put completely on side bar

Those steps are nice for working under the hood, because you have to lean over the vehicle, unless you have wheels that stick way out. I wash my vehicles on the grass, I climb in the bed of the truck and do the roof, just drop the tailgate and run the hose up that way. The only other option would be to build or purchase a work platform thats portable to work off of.

-Jason