Customer Service 866.965.0400

Comparing others to Adam's

Rich

I took my once a year excursion to Wal Mart yesterday and was checking out their automotive department to see what stuff is out there, and if anyone else was making any micros or brushes or anything close to what Adam's sells.  Let me tell you , the microfibers, the mitts, etc. are all inferior to Adam's.  I can't believe that anyone would use some of that stuff on their paint.  Scratchy, rough, poorly made.  Just the difference in the microfiber was noticable right away. You could see it even before you felt it.  There was NOTHING there that I would have even been tempted by.  Then I found a "roll" of what they were calling car towels. Plain white towels for general use. Man, if those things touched the paint or clear coat it would have been instant scratch.  Unbelievable.   

I'll pay a little more, but I'm sticking with Adam's.  

I agree wholeheartedly, Rich.  And Walmart doesnt own exclusive rights to poor quality, either. Seems like all of the major auto parts stores sell the same stuff. The main thing I notice is how those cheap microfibers grab your skin almost like velcro. 

Some of the stuff Wally World sells is from Mo's and Meg's. And it's crappy!!  So I wasn't just comparing the off, off, off brands to Adam's, but some of the more common names as well.

Ed, exactly.  My hands aren't smooth pampered baby boy hands and when I grab a micro and it sticks to my skin..............junk pile. I don't have that problem with the good stuff.

Some of the stuff Wally World sells is from Mo's and Meg's. And it's crappy!! 

I would have to disagree with this statement.  They both offer some good things. 

There are a few very good products available there.  Not many, but a few do exist.  Especially one of the tire coatings.

I agree with you on this coating. 

I would have to disagree with this statement.  They both offer some good things. 

I agree with you on this coating. 

I think the issue with Meg's and Mother's is that what you can buy at the chain stores is their everyday consumer product, not the professional lines they have.  Unless they have started selling those in the chain stores as well.  IDK, I haven't looked for detailing products in the chain stores for a few years now.

I think the issue with Meg's and Mother's is that what you can buy at the chain stores is their everyday consumer product, not the professional lines they have.  Unless they have started selling those in the chain stores as well.  IDK, I haven't looked for detailing products in the chain stores for a few years now.

You can get some of Meg's professional stuff at some stores. The selection is limited, but it is kind of available.

Some folks just don't care and some just don't get it. I was at the car wash the other day and I watched some young girl take the foaming brush to her BMW, I honestly couldn't hardly watch her......... :help:

That's nothing.  I work at a BMW dealer and we have a tunnel car wash that customers can use all day as many times as they want free of charge. We constantly have a line into the street all day and then at the end, you often see them stop, get out of their car, and dry it with a bath towel or paper towels.  Not only do I get to watch it all day, I also get to take customer cars through that are in for service.  

what I see people do to their cars is a shame really. a neighbor will throw his microfiber towels (walmart type) on the ground while he's washing the car with a mitt that looks like you could clean a BBQ grill with it.  I gave him some TW ICE I wasn't ever going to use and he thinks that's top end.  as he shakes the leaves and dirt out of his MF towels he picks up off the ground to remove the wax.... 

he thinks I'm crazy with the three buckets/grit gaurds, foam gun, elect leaf blower and the plastic totes with snow white MF towels. 

Sadly, I was like this before I discovered Adams.

I bought what I "thought" was the best stuff at the time. I was using the consumer grade Meguiars stuff from the auto parts stores, and the cheap dollar store microfiber towels and wash mitts.

The very first time I tried Adams products I was amazed and I immediately thought "WTF have I been using that CRAP for all these years?? Where have you been all my life Adams?!"

Ever since that day, I have been purchasing 98% of my detailing supplies from Adams.

Sadly, I was like this before I discovered Adams.

I bought what I "thought" was the best stuff at the time. I was using the consumer grade Meguiars stuff from the auto parts stores, and the cheap dollar store microfiber towels and wash mitts.

The very first time I tried Adams products I was amazed and I immediately thought "WTF have I been using that CRAP for all these years?? Where have you been all my life Adams?!"

Ever since that day, I have been purchasing 98% of my detailing supplies from Adams.

I think most of those that are just beginning to start wanting to care for their car, go that route and then eventually find out about the better or higher quality products.

Not a fair fight to compare the stuff from wally world to ours... afterall the prices are often times half to 1/3rd ours.... and thats due entirely to quality of ingredients and concentrations of ingredients. Almost like comparing a hamburger to filet mignon. They're both beef... but they don't necessarily compete in the same arena.

I like to think of AP as the brand you graduate too once you realize how much better the results can be when you purchase quality products. There will always be those people who just want the cheapest stuff and don't care too much about the performance. Let them keep buying the junk at the store... if it suits their needs then more power to them.

Might not be fair.............but who cares?  Makes me feel like the smart kid in detailing school and that I know something they don't know. :lolsmack: :lolsmack: