Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Question about the application and removal rags

For the applicator, after the initial wetting and wringing out, is there any need to rinse it out during the rest of the process? If so, what would be the tell for when it would need to be done. I've done a few cars now and don't notice any buildup or change in performance other than as some have stated, it needs less new product as it goes along.

For the drying towels. I'm treating them somewhere in-between a waffle-weave drying towel and a single or double soft detail spray. I'm using about 3-4 towels on a mid-size car before they seem too wet or getting too much HGG on them and don't seem to be working well anymore. I believe I'm probably leaving too much water on the car when using the HGG.

Any input ?

Thanks

Mooser

For the applicator, after the initial wetting and wringing out, is there any need to rinse it out during the rest of the process?

Nope. You're dealing with a clean surface, so use the same towel throughout and no need to rinse it. That would just be wasting product.

For the drying towels. I'm treating them somewhere in-between a waffle-weave drying towel and a single or double soft detail spray. I'm using about 3-4 towels on a mid-size car before they seem too wet or getting too much HGG on them and don't seem to be working well anymore. I believe I'm probably leaving too much water on the car when using the HGG.

Sounds like you've got too much standing water. I can usually do it with 1 dry towel... 2 if its a bigger vehicle.

Sounds like you've got too much standing water. I can usually do it with 1 dry towel... 2 if its a bigger vehicle.

Thanks, that's what I thought. My wife's DD is a malibu and by the end of it two single softs are completely soaked including wringing pretty hard as I go. If the rains hold off I'll try doing a partial drying of the car then the HGG (gotta empty the old bottles) 

Maybe time to get a dryer of some type (read leaf blower)

Mooser

Maybe time to get a dryer of some type (read leaf blower)

Mooser, I would suggest going with the Metro Sidekick, rather than a leaf blower.  About the same cost, or less, depending on the style of leaf blower.

The Sidekick filters and heats the air.  A leaf blower can pick stuff up and blast it against the paint you just cleaned.  A leaf blower is also a little ackward to use, you have to be really careful not to bang into your car with the tube, and it is hard to direct the air into, under and around stuff like trim, handles and badges.  And a gas leaf blower will be sucking in the exhaust from the motor, which can have oil in it.

You can also add a short hose to the Sidekick to make it even easier to use.

20140914_145537.jpg

Mooser, I would suggest going with the Metro Sidekick, rather than a leaf blower.  About the same cost, or less, depending on the style of leaf blower.

I'd go that route but they are still a little dear up this way, maybe my next trip to the states though.

M

The Sidekick filters and heats the air.  A leaf blower can pick stuff up and blast it against the paint you just cleaned.  A leaf blower is also a little ackward to use, you have to be really careful not to bang into your car with the tube, and it is hard to direct the air into, under and around stuff like trim, handles and badges.  And a gas leaf blower will be sucking in the exhaust from the motor, which can have oil in it.

You can also add a short hose to the Sidekick to make it even easier to use.

attachicon.gif20140914_145537.jpg

How do you make the labels for the containers of detailing chemicals? They look really nice!

Did a quick wash this afternoon and decided to go with H2O G&G again just to try the wet application (having done dry the last time). Again, very impressed with the product - super easy to work with and leaves a great shine.

After washing and rinsing, I went over the car with the nozzle set at a thin stream to rinse down excess water. That technique worked well, as I only needed one damp plush towel to apply the G&G and one Double-Soft to dry and buff the whole car. 

For me, the H2O G&G fits into my detailing routine as an interim sealant for exactly this time of year.  I did a full polish and Liquid Paint Sealant last October so at this point, the finish is a little beat from never-ending road construction and winter driving but I won't be able to do another full polish and LPS for another few weeks.  Until then, the H2O G&G seems to be perfect for maintaining/beefing up the sealant protection, especially on the hard-hit areas like the lower panels and bumpers.

Normally, I would apply LPS twice a year but I'm also debating whether I could apply it once a year, 2 coats to max out the protection, and use H2O G&G the rest of the time.  Might depend on how bad the scratches and swirls get. If I can live them in between LPS applications, H2O G&G may be the way to go. If I can't, then it's polish and LPS.

Edited by JLKoupe

Guest washemup

This is a photo taken by my best friend's wife. His driveway is 1/2 mile dirt and gravel. I cringe every time I go down this road, but hey he's my best friend of over 30 years now, and he needed his boat polished so I loaded up the sandpaper, compound, polish, and wax.

While I was unloading she took this pic. The HGG has been on for 1 month now. 6 inches of rain first 2 weeks after application, last two weeks it's been dry, so the driveway/road, was very dry and dusty. But for some reason no dust on my car. HGG continues to amaze me. It's evidently anti-static as well.

post-12794-0-38030300-1431911714_thumb.jpg

I have a quick question.  Pretty new to detailing.  Today I 2 bucket washed my truck, clayed and then liquid paint sealant my truck.  For the next few months when I am washing the truck every other weekend should I just be doing a 2 bucket wash and HGG?

Thanks in advance!

5F10966B-F9C6-4CC0-9B85-4DA928ECBF04_zps

I have a quick question.  Pretty new to detailing.  Today I 2 bucket washed my truck, clayed and then liquid paint sealant my truck.  For the next few months when I am washing the truck every other weekend should I just be doing a 2 bucket wash and HGG?

Thanks in advance!

That would be a great way to maintain the Liquid Paint Sealant while adding additional gloss and protection. Your scenario is exactly what HGG is meant to do!

Just used this on the corvette today. I was going to wash then do a buttery wax... I got ready to wipe the car down and I went "wait a minute, I have the HGG with me, let me use that instead"

car came out so shiny and well protected I don't see any reason to use the buttery wax anymore...

I'll probably polish once a year followed by the LPS. after that, 3 months I'll put HGG and I'm set!

This stuff is awesome!  Got the Ironhorse trailer out to do some hauling and it was terrible!  No way I could drive around with her like that, especially when the TBSS looks awesome! 

The trailer really didn't have any protection on it, but thought, why not just put that on quick and at least it is something.

Third time I have used it, but the trailer turned out awesome!  With no protection on it, washed and applied H2OG&G, shined her up and beads right up!  Of course it rained night after I washed but water rolls right off!

Gotta order some more now!  :)

After drying the panel with the drying towel does anyone go over the vehicle again with detail spray when it is all dry or is that just wasting detail spray?

I don't go over it with detail spray. The gloss and protection from HGG is enough for me

Used it for the first time on my car which is coated.  It's even more amazing as the water really wanted to run off because of my coating and it spread so easily because of how smooth my coating makes the paint.  I also used it when it was cool and nearly dark out so I was able to spray down the whole car, wipe the whole car with a wet towel, and then go back to finish drying with just one more double soft.  

IMAG1185_zpszdvfhcba.jpg

IMAG1186_zpsp9nuhqjw.jpg

IMAG1187_zpscjzqp2ia.jpg

IMAG1188_zps0qlvgiji.jpg

I did use quick detail after. I wasn't going to bit I noticed a streak on the hood, so I just lightly misted the panels with QD. I dont think it was neccessary but it got rid of few streaks that would have annoyed me. Maybe 10 pumps for the whole car. It's negligible amount lol.

Going to put on buttery or glaze over it tomorrow.l just for therapy