Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Matt good regimen, I personally like to apply to the whole car and then just go over it after with a dry towel to chase down any residues, much more efficient than panel by panel, and as long as you aren't in the sun or in a rush this is the fastest way to do it too.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Matt good regimen, I personally like to apply to the whole car and then just go over it after with a dry towel to chase down any residues, much more efficient than panel by panel, and as long as you aren't in the sun or in a rush this is the fastest way to do it too.

I started doing my washes towards the end of the day. This way I don't have to rush and I'm not sweating. 

When you watch the H20 guard and gloss video it says to use double soft towels.  When you purchase the HGG complete kit it comes with 2 single softs.  I assume using either is no issue?

The video says "any quality plush microfiber towel" I personally just like using the double soft.

I've applied with single softs, edge less towels, even a water soaked microfiber applicator. They all produced the right results, just a matter of what you like working with.

The video says "any quality plush microfiber towel" I personally just like using the double soft.

I've applied with single softs, edge less towels, even a water soaked microfiber applicator. They all produced the right results, just a matter of what you like working with.

I like the idea of a water soaked microfiber applicator. I have a couple of these I don't use, might have just found a use for them. 

Saturday morning I used G&G for the first time with the new sprayer and the wet microfiber applicator method. It took so much less time, and I used about 1/2 the amount of product I was using with my old bottle, wet single soft application.

Well Just ended my Sponsorship with another Company  (yearly I chose not to renew contract)  And Well Dylan is one to never be satisfied with ohh this is works good. and On the H2O guard on gloss as always awesome product just used it for the first time . Great product and great work by Dylan and Adams.

Tried the H2O product yesterday for the first time. Due to the California drought, did my usual rinseless wash. Afterwards decided to give H20 a try and wanted to try the "dry" method, but after doing a section I ended up preferring a "hybrid" type method that might be an extra step for some, but was easier for me and works well in my garage. Used a double soft towel soaked in distilled water like the dry method shows, a large Qwazar spray bottle filled with distilled water. Soaked a section well, then squirted the H20 on wet area and watched it activate (very cool to see), spread with the damp double soft and dried with another double soft. Very cool product that really made the car look great and was very easy to apply and remove.

I used H2O guard & gloss on my truck yesterday and really liked it. My only question is about the double soft towels that I used for the application.

Will the water-based sealant wash out of my towels? Are my towels ruined for other

polishing and waxing tasks now? Should I dedicated these towels to G&G?

Thanks Dylan... figured as much. It sure was easy to apply but it was kinda weird working with the truck wet. Regardless, the truck came out looking great. I used about a 1/4 of the bottle on my truck and topped it off with a coat of Patriot.

17987365893_83ff8be0f2_z.jpg

Edited by rshadd

Doc I am wondering if anyone has talked about this, but as far as separation goes, do we need to shake the product in between uses? Or is it okay to let it sit for weeks at a time and just shake when used? I use mine pretty regularly, but I do have a gallon since I blew through my 16 ounce bottle pretty fast. Testament to just how awesome this product is for sure. The only other products that come close from a usage perspective might be shampoo, detail spray, and rinseless wash for me. Makes me think you guys could potentially make a kit with those 4 products and a bucket and some towels. You could call it your Wash Experience Boosting Kit!

Regardless, I am sure separation is probably not a concern, but just wanted to ask. And can you describe what seperates in there? Is that because of the resins present?

Since this has been out for a few months now, I would like to know if anyone has experienced the "reduced longevity" of the HGG? I use a paste wax that I bought when I got my new truck in March (the wax wasn't cheap so I want to use it).

For example; You estimate a 2 month life span of HGG. Thinking in terms of a percentage of that 2 months, am I looking at 75%, 50%? I know this is an impossible question to give a solid answer because of too many unknown variables, but If someone had just put a coat of wax on then all of a sudden this new product came out they they applied it. How has it upheld so far?

Edited by chops1sc

Not sure I get your question. Are you asking about two years or two months? I use the product about every other wash so its difficult for me to speak to the exact longevity. But I can tell you the beading action is off the charts weeks after application. I think the longevity is as good as anything else I have come across if not better considering the ease of application.

Edited by Junior

Sorry, fixed it lol! I'm more or less saying I am going to use the wax I bought but I want to use the HGG as well. I was hoping someone has used the HGG on top of a wax and wouldn't mind reporting their results.