Customer Service 866.965.0400

CleaningFoam Pads

Will_Cog

Question

11 answers to this question

When I am finished with a pad I spray it with APC and put it in a bucket of water.  When I am finished with the detail, I place the Grit Guard over them, spin on the Gamma Seal lid and let them sit for a few hours or even a day or so,  Rinse them, spray more APC, and rub them over the GG to help remove the polish/LSP.  Rinse thoroughly, and let them dry.

Im with Michael here. I put them in a bucket with APC and water and then toss a gallon of something on top to hold them under. Ill squeeze them a couple times to get the APC working then let them sit until I get around to them.

I have enough pads and I just detail for myself so I have that luxury.

When drying, wrap them in a GWDT and give them a good squeeze. The towel will soak up a lot of the water. Let them air dry.

To answer your original question, you can give the pads a good brushing to clean out most of the dried polish, but they will have to be cleaned wet.

Couple different ways to clean them and everyone listed above has great suggestions. You can also lay the pads on a towel, place it on the ground and blast them with your garden hose nozzel, that will take a good chunk of product out of the pads,use Dawn dishwasing liquid detergent and knead it into your pads under hot water and squeeze out the water/soap real good. For a quicker way, the Universal Grit Guard Pad Washer is a must if you do a lot of detailing or you just want to clean your pads quickly and safley.

I let mine soak in APC like most of you but recently I've been giving all my pads and applicators a spray of Micrifiber Revitilizer. It cleans the pads up real nice. It really does a good job of braking down the sealant, wax or polish.

I spray them with APC, let soak then rinse and work out polish with my hands under water. Easier to clean when the pads are wet as opposed to letting it dry

^^^ This. 

I also bought Cookie Cooling Sheets from Walmart ($5 for 2), I set them face down to dry on them.

Do not buy a Pad Cleaner. I bought one and it was by far the biggest waste of money. Even after cleaning the pad using the pad washer I had to finish cleaning them by hand.