Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference betwee Waterless & Rinseless

bosco1

Question

22 answers to this question

My understanding is this; Rinseless is used with a bucket of water and wet towels similar to the GDWM (solution in the bucket), Waterless is used with dry towels and no water (sprayed on the car).

There are other uses.

I haven't used the new Waterless Wash so I'm answering based on what others have said on this forum.  The two products can work almost exactly the same as a 'spray and wipe' cleaner (mixing the RW at 16:1).  Many folks will tell you that WW works better as a pre-treat for bugs because it has more cleaning solvents in it.  They both now add some shine as you're cleaning (old WW didn't) so that part is equal.

The case for WW: Ready to use (RTU) right out of the bottle, better on bugs, no mixing by hand

The case for RW: Cheaper because it can be diluted (even though you have to mix by hand), many more uses (detail spray, clay lube, pre-treat, bucket wash)

I haven't used the new Waterless Wash so I'm answering based on what others have said on this forum.  The two products can work almost exactly the same as a 'spray and wipe' cleaner (mixing the RW at 16:1).  Many folks will tell you that WW works better as a pre-treat for bugs because it has more cleaning polymers in it.  They both now add some shine as you're cleaning (old WW didn't) so that part is equal.

The case for WW: Ready to use (RTU) right out of the bottle, better on bugs, no mixing by hand

The case for RW: Cheaper because it can be diluted (even though you have to mix by hand), many more uses (detail spray, clay lube, pre-treat, bucket wash)

Best post yet - I fixed in bold above, there shouldn't be any solvents in either product, the cleaning agents are polymers - again, that was true about the old WW - the new WW is more similar of a formula to a diluted Rinseless Wash product, which gives you all the positive qualities about a diluted rinseless but its for the guys that buy a RTU product

Point is if you do rinseless washes and if you are already seeing great results with diluted rinseless wash being used as a spray and wipe (among other uses) just stick with it - the WW has always been for the people who want a RTU product for that one specific task (spray and wipe)

Best post yet - I fixed in bold above, there shouldn't be any solvents in either product, the cleaning agents are polymers - again, that was true about the old WW - the new WW is more similar of a formula to a diluted Rinseless Wash product, which gives you all the positive qualities about a diluted rinseless but its for the guys that buy a RTU product

Thank you for the correction.  It will be interesting to see if people think the new WW is still better than RW as a pre-treatment for bugs if they're now more chemically similar.

The Waterless Wash is a lifesaver if you have no access to water and need to clean your car, like at a car show.  Or if you  get caught in a an unexpected rainstorm and don't want to have to wash your car all over again.  I've used it many times.  Great product. 

Waterless was like 2 weeks ago you have the previous version - again I don't know how chemically similar or dissimilar they are as not much has been discussed but basically the new formula does add shine which is similar to diluted Rinseless

Rinseless also can be taken to car shows just toss a couple gallons of water and an ounce in a bucket with gamma seal lid with about 8 towels and you can do a full wash at the show very safely

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Yes diluted 16:1 is the most popular dilution for "spray and wipe" like Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, etc - there was a video with Dylan and VW van floating on YouTube

Here is the video mentioned. Keep in mind this is for the concentrated Rinseless Wash, not our new Waterless Wash formula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q​

I'm glad I saw this thread, because I've been wondering the same thing for a while.  Good information in here! 

I've been a big fan of rinseless wash products for a couple years (when I run out of the stuff I have now, I promise to give Adams a try), and I purchased some Adams Waterless a while back for quick garage queen wipedowns and spot treatments for bug and bird bombs.  I realize it's cheaper to dilute rinselss as a pre-soak, but I just feel a little safer using Waterless in conjunction with my rinseless solution.  Plus, this method works well for me, so I'm not keen to change it!

-Mike

Here is the video mentioned. Keep in mind this is for the concentrated Rinseless Wash, not our new Waterless Wash formula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q​

After watching the video using the concentrated Rinseless it's alittle 'Involved'. I'm thinking for myself I probably don't need both. If I dilute the Rinseless it's more cost effective than Waterless as you guys mentioned and basically doing the same thing. I can see doing as the video shows from time to time with the concentrated, using indoors during a bad winter etc...Think I'll dilute some of my Rinseless and use it as Waterless. Thanks guys for all your help.

Edited by bosco1

^no worries and yea it's the more economical option - many of us do Rinseless washes when it's too hot out (can do it in your garage) or in winter to get out of the elements so it's something to try in the future. Trust me it's quicker than a traditional wash once you hone in your technique.

1:30 hours for my 2 bucket wash vs 20 min rinseless wash and no set up/putting everything away required. Let me tell you that if the car qualifies for rinseless, it's gonna be rinseless.

Not sure how involved it is:

1) just put 2oz in a bucket,

2) let your double/triple soft soak in it for 30 sec.

3) Wipe on panel with only 1 pass per line sorta speak (no back and forth over the same area)

4) Use dry other double/triple soft towel to dry and done (I use great white drying towel personally)

1:30 hours for my 2 bucket wash vs 20 min rinseless wash and no set up/putting everything away required. Let me tell you that if the car qualifies for rinseless, it's gonna be rinseless.

Not sure how involved it is:

1) just put 2oz in a bucket,

2) let your double/triple soft soak in it for 30 sec.

3) Wipe on panel with only 1 pass per line sorta speak (no back and forth over the same area)

4) Use dry other double/triple soft towel to dry and done (I use great white drying towel personally)

True, I will definitely try it. Thank you AVS...I guess it just seemed alittle Unorthodox..

Waffle weave to dry is easiest and best way when rinseless washing - the 16x24 size of the "waterless wash towel" works great for this

put multiple towels in the bucket and you dont even have to do anything but wring them out after using all 8 sides and launder with the rest of your towels - very easy

True, I will definitely try it. Thank you AVS...I guess it just seemed alittle Unorthodox..

I have been doing rinseless washes for about 7 years, but it did take some time to wrap my head around it - "What, I am going to wash the car, but NOT use a hose?".  Now I rarely wash with Car Wash Shampoo!  

This is great for older cars where rusting is a concern, and, as the other said, works well inside the garage on a hot day.