Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard and Gloss

diamondwhite

Question

I used H20 G&G for the first time. When I sprayed it on I wasn't able to get a mist of any kind only more of stream. I tried two different sprayer tops. Yes, I changed the setting on the sprayer.  I am wonder what others experience is or if it doesn't really matter since you are wiping it on wet anyway. I most likely used more product than was needed. 

Here are the results. I used liquid paint sealant 2 months ago. 

post-14337-0-28394800-1467216455_thumb.jpg

It has a different viscosity than other liquids so it will be "globby" (the best way I can describe it). The good news is it doesn't take much product. The further along you get while applying the less you need since the towel has product on it by then.

Its "globby" for me too but not sure it matters.  Its not a product like detail spray and needs to be rubbed around with a wet towel and buffed dry like wax.

Make sure you waste a couple squirts before applying it to the car as it separates in the tube/nozzle and seems to smear bad if applied to the car. 

I know there is a lot of guys that love this stuff but I am struggling with liking it.

Its "globby" for me too but not sure it matters.  Its not a product like detail spray and needs to be rubbed around with a wet towel and buffed dry like wax.

Make sure you waste a couple squirts before applying it to the car as it separates in the tube/nozzle and seems to smear bad if applied to the car. 

I know there is a lot of guys that love this stuff but I am struggling with liking it.

I love it for the plastic trim and chrome. It gives the trim a nice dark look and I think it works better on chrome than most chrome polish I've used.  the beauty of it is you don't have to worry about getting wax on the trim or metal polish on the paint, it seems to work on everything quite well.

just my .02.. I've only used it once so what do I know  ha!

It took me a few tries to get used to it. Once you get the feel for how much to use it get a lot better!

It took me a few tries to get used to it. Once you get the feel for how much to use it get a lot better!

Well I have not gave up yet.

One thing I know for sure is it takes more work to apply/remove than the Adams videos portray.  All the chrome on my wife's car looked like this on my 3rd attempt with G&G. I had to use a 3rd double stuff and really buff it down.

Even then it was like a dust magnet and you could see wipe marks on her windshield after a dusty day at her office.

So I am still trying to find a place for it :)

post-13932-0-34983300-1467232399_thumb.jpg

H20 G&G is not too happy if left sit too long in the sun and that could be the residue you had left on the chrome. I had that some when I first tried it and just hit it with a bit of detail spray and it wiped clean. I usually finish with a detail spray wipe down anyway so I had it right there. If you can't get it out of the sun I would do smaller that recommended sections, as with all the "recommended" procedures you millage may vary. You will need to try things and modify steps to work for how you progress around a vehicle, your climate, your water etc... 

I'm relatively new to Adams products, one thing with the H20 G&G is you have to have a clean surface when applying i.e. clay bar first. If you have any dust or dirt on the surface it will leave streaks it also depends on the hardness of your water. I have found that the dry method works really well if you use distilled water "the stuff you drink out of the plastic bottle".  I have also found streaks on the glass with it so I skip using it on glass, and use brilliant glaze on the glass instead.

Some surfaces are different than others so it may take a little more elbow grease to work with it. Always swap out your buffing towel if your seeing streaks. I have had the clumps or stream on the first few pumps also, what works for me is take a dirty towel and give it a few shots it will clear up, Squeeze the trigger with firm pressure and a fluid motion and the G&G will mist out of the end, dont squeeze it like glass cleaner its a lot thicker so it takes more.

As for not being as easy as the video, they are on there for guidelines to get you started on how to use the products, and not meant to be training videos. The guys on the videos are detail professionals so of course they are going to make it look easy.

Hope this makes sense and helps you out.

-Jason 

I have been using G&G for the last 6 months and have nothing but praise for it. Yes, it sprays out clumpy but you are buffing it in in a wet towel anyway. I have had some streaking on occasion and hitting it with detail spray takes care of that.

I am used to the results now and have sold several people on it. I remember my first time: how easy it was to apply, the feel of the slippery paint, the beading after application........... 

H20 G&G is not too happy if left sit too long in the sun and that could be the residue you had left on the chrome.

I wash in my garage and metal was cool. I also dont stop when doing the exterior. So it go from rinse to G&G application in less than 5 minutes.

I am  continuing to try and like it :) What was on the chrome just needed buffed down with a dry towel.

As  I said it just needs more buffing with dry towels than they portray in the videos.

I wash in my garage and metal was cool. I also dont stop when doing the exterior. So it go from rinse to G&G application in less than 5 minutes.

I am  continuing to try and like it :) What was on the chrome just needed buffed down with a dry towel.

As  I said it just needs more buffing with dry towels than they portray in the videos.

Too much product...maybe? I use the grey edgeless microfiber towel and then finish with a double soft. I only use 1-2 sprays per panel.

I really dont know. 1 to 2 sprays sounds about right.

I don't think its a bad product. Its just not a simple wipe on and wipe off product as their videos show. What I have seen is it requires dry towel buffing to get it buffed down properly or maybe just more rubbing on my part.

I have said this on numerous occasions. I think its partly a mindset thing.  If you think of it as a detail spray like protecting project that wipes on/off easy you are going to be disappointed because of the amount of extra work to use it.  However if you think of it as in between waxing that saves you time compared to normal waxing you might be happy.

Edited by rrmccabe

G&G is a great product! That being said, I've gone through four bottles of G&G since last summer and of those I had issues with one of the sprayers. One thing I noticed was that the speed in which you pull the trigger did/could affect the spray on that particular bottle, the faster I squeezed it the better the pattern was.

My experience has been the same, I hated the lack of control when spraying onto a panel. The method I use now is to spray ,G&G onto a wet towel and then use it on one panel at a time,similiar to a Rinsless wash. After each use I clean out the sprayer, run plain water thru it so it's ready to go next time and I use a dedicated single soft to apply G&G. Doing it this way I've experienced no streaking or frustration

I really dont know. 1 to 2 sprays sounds about right.

I don't think its a bad product. Its just not a simple wipe on and wipe off product as their videos show. What I have seen is it requires dry towel buffing to get it buffed down properly or maybe just more rubbing on my part.

I have said this on numerous occasions. I think its partly a mindset thing.  If you think of it as a detail spray like protecting project that wipes on/off easy you are going to be disappointed because of the amount of extra work to use it.  However if you think of it was in between waxing that saves you time compared to normal waxing you might be happy.

Your post is spot on - people can't think of it as a wipe on wipe off sealant applied like detail spray (although there are products on the market from other brands that are just that)

If you spend more time on the application process it makes the last removal wipe so much easier, with your damp towel when you are spreading on the surface you want to go over the panel about 3-4 passes or so so you wipe it in till its basically disappeared and you cant see anything left on the surface and the surface water is gone as well.  Then take the dry towel and do the final wipedown and it should finish streak free.

The troubles and streaking IMO come from not working it in enough with the dry towel and going to the final wipe step too quickly.

Your post is spot on - people can't think of it as a wipe on wipe off sealant applied like detail spray (although there are products on the market from other brands that are just that)

If you spend more time on the application process it makes the last removal wipe so much easier, with your damp towel when you are spreading on the surface you want to go over the panel about 3-4 passes or so so you wipe it in till its basically disappeared and you cant see anything left on the surface and the surface water is gone as well.  Then take the dry towel and do the final wipedown and it should finish streak free.

The troubles and streaking IMO come from not working it in enough with the dry towel and going to the final wipe step too quickly.

Pretty much what i said just explained better, Thanks Jason

Over the holiday weekend I managed to find road construction and tar/oil. my white truck was...covered. 

I had just applied H20 G&G the day before. All I could think of was how much this sucks. While the truck and tar was warm from the sun I sprayed it with detail spray and the tar wiped right off! I couldn't believe it! Awesome!  Great protection from a spray on product. 

I like the G&G but you can go over board with it. I noticed if you apply it to often it gets really streaky and kind of hard to get to layer nicely. I have found with cars that are garaged and don't get real dirty once every 5 or so washes is plenty. I also pull the car in the garage if it sunny out before applying it, direct sun makes it difficult to spread evenly even on a wet car.

I disagree completely. I applied it for the first time after using Waterless Wash via the Dry Method and it couldn't have been easier. Spray on the wet edgeless > wipe it on > wipe it off with the dry edgeless.

A04529E2-E0EC-4592-82B4-F43DEEC41D67_zps