Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pole mounted wash pad

Just wondering as I was washing my new Silverado Crew Cab.

Maybe I missed a product already existing, but I would really like the wash pad on a poll. Especially for a truck / SUV that has hard to reach in spots. 

Plus I wonder with women washing their car or truck, maybe they would appreciate not dipping their hands in a bucket of suds (polished nails, etc.?).

So, just a thought.

Thanks.  Doug

I'd be interested in one with an extendable handle. Then I could stand in front of my 4Runner's hood and get the roof. I can't tell you how many times I've almost slipped off my running boards when washing up top. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this one about 6 months ago and absolutely love it. It's not an Adam's product but it works extremely good. Holds a lot of suds and is extremely soft. Here another one: link removed, sorry. I just came across this one and I don't believe it comes with a pole. But I highly recommend buying the first one. It makes cleaning the roof of trucks and SUVs a ease. But I still use an Adam's wash pad for the majority of the car because since the wash pad on the pole is attached to a board so it isn't flexible enough to get in small areas around door handles, mirrors, ect.

Mod edit: Linking competitors products or outside vendors on AdamsForums.com is strictly prohibited. The team at Adam's understands that we are clearly not the only detail products on the market, but we do however reserve the right to limit the discussion of such products in order to protect our best interests. 

I bought this one about 6 months ago and absolutely love it. It's not an Adam's product but it works extremely good. Holds a lot of suds and is extremely soft. Here another one: link removed, sorry. I just came across this one and I don't believe it comes with a pole. But I highly recommend buying the first one. It makes cleaning the roof of trucks and SUVs a ease. But I still use an Adam's wash pad for the majority of the car because since the wash pad on the pole is attached to a board so it isn't flexible enough to get in small areas around door handles, mirrors, ect.

Austin, This forum is paid for by Adams putting links up of a direct competitor is not really liked well around here. It is a respect thing for the hard work the company does. They offer this forum for the development of our detailing knowledge and skills. Also we learn the ins and outs of products Adams carries directly. I saw this is your first post so just giving you a heads up. I know autogeek has the same policy on their forum as well. Welcome to the Adams forum post up a introduction of yourself and behicles at the intro section, were a good group here. Hope your not offended but this forum is high on respect for eachother, I think us as participants should have the same for the Adams company.

I have used one of these Werner work platforms to wash and polish my trucks, plus it gives me a place to sit when polishing the side of vehicles also.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-48-in-x-16-in-x-20-in-Pro-Deck-Aluminum-Work-Platform-AP-30/205009144?MERCH=RV-_-OD_NavPLP_rr-_-100662616-_-205009144-_-N

I have used one of these Werner work platforms to wash and polish my trucks, plus it gives me a place to sit when polishing the side of vehicles also.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-48-in-x-16-in-x-20-in-Pro-Deck-Aluminum-Work-Platform-AP-30/205009144?MERCH=RV-_-OD_NavPLP_rr-_-100662616-_-205009144-_-N

How does that work vs wet soles or wet bare feet? Is it slippery or not (I have 2 trucks i have to detail often and this might just be a life saver vs the chair I am currently using to get the roof of the trucks appropriately.

I use the Werner platform and do not find it slippery at all. It drains water well and provides good traction.

Werner makes 2 versions. The more expensive of the 2 is a bit larger and is rated for more weight. The best price I could find on the larger version was at my local Home Depot. 

As for a pole mounted wash pad I have been using a Swifter Mop with various Adams towels cobbled to it. I'd LOVE to see a high quality version with a way better method to attach Adams towels and wash pad/wedge. 

Edited by LT1xL82

I use the Werner platform and do not find it slippery at all. It drains water well and provides good traction.

Werner makes 2 versions. The more expensive of the 2 is a bit larger and is rated for more weight. The best price I could find on the larger version was at my local Home Depot. 

As for a pole mounted wash pad I have been using a Swifter Mop with various Adams towels cobbled to it. I'd LOVE to see a high quality version with a way better method to attach Adams towels and wash pad/wedge. 

Is the one that Rich added the more expensive one? 

Is the one that Rich added the more expensive one? 

Yes, that is the more expensive one. Home Depot seem to have them on sale often. Picked mine up at my local store. They are also not slick when wet, but I did add some 3M skid tape to mine just to be on the safe side.