Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Wax - Unexpected Benefit

LT1xL82

Question

As a bit of a follow-up to my Wash and Wax thread:

It seems the product has a benefit I did not anticipate...the vehicle stays clean and shinny longer during use. Seriously!

Since washing the car with Wash and Wax it has been driven several times in light rain and also with just mildly wet roads. In the past, this type of driving quickly made for tire spray drying on the lower panels and even more so the back of the vehicle. (3/4 ton Suburban station wagon effect!)

Since washing with Wash and Wax there has been NOTICEABLY less of this spray drying on the car. My best guess is the increased slickness of the exterior surfaces that made drying the car after washing easier, is also shedding the dirty water from the tire spray...resulting in less dirt and more shine on the car's exterior.  

This is not my imagination or an Adams fan-boy exaggeration. After close to 1 week driving in less than ideal conditions, I've become convinced the vehicle is staying notably more clean and shinny. I can't wait to see how this pans out on our dark red sports car...it is a dust magnet! (But seldom sees wet roads.) 

22 answers to this question

I just posted in your other thread about how my car sat outside all week (without being driven) after using Way and Wax and got rained on at least 3 times and it still looks incredibly clean, much more than I would expect after a week outside.

If it sheds dry "dust" like it does water I'm asking Adam if I can buy an equity interest in his company!  :D

Edited by LT1xL82

If it sheds dry "dust" like it does water I'm asking Adam if I can buy an equity interest in his company! :D

It did rain yesterday morning and then I drove it home and put it in the garage last night. It isn't dusty but the rain would have washed it off, so hard to tell. I did go out and look at it under the lights in the garage and there is no sign of water spots at all though, so that's great considering it rained and dried up on the car several times. I'll have to look at the next time it rains and see what the water does.

Mine beads fine, but looks like maybe the beads are smaller. I'm thinking MAYBE the beading is "different" (smaller beads) because less water is staying on the car! Whatever is happening, I'm thinking Wash and Wax is good stuff! (Sorry for using all these highly technical terms.  :D )

I've noticed it as well Joel.  I've only used it on my daily driver which is white.  Had to drive it in the rain the last couple of days and the wife went to the store today and came home and commented about how the car wasn't near as dirty as it should have been.  I checked it out. Normally the dirt collects on the back bumper and trunk area the most when I drive int he rain.  It's pretty clean.  And the sides of the car look very clean.  So yeah, I'm liking the results too. 

I've noticed it as well Joel.  I've only used it on my daily driver which is white.  Had to drive it in the rain the last couple of days and the wife went to the store today and came home and commented about how the car wasn't near as dirty as it should have been.  I checked it out. Normally the dirt collects on the back bumper and trunk area the most when I drive int he rain.  It's pretty clean.  And the sides of the car look very clean.  So yeah, I'm liking the results too. 

So I'm not going crazy in my old age!  :)

Mine beads fine, but looks like maybe the beads are smaller. I'm thinking MAYBE the beading is "different" (smaller beads) because less water is staying on the car! Whatever is happening, I'm thinking Wash and Wax is good stuff! (Sorry for using all these highly technical terms.  :D )

OMG!! I thought it was just me!  I completely agree with you about the beading being smaller!  

We have been rained out quite frequently on and off all week and my car is outside while at work.  Since cleaning the exterior with Wash n Wax - the rain beads like crazy!!! And it flies off the car as I drive down the highway- no spotting either!

So you're saying that anyone that's on the fence about purchasing should go ahead and take the plunge?!?

In a heart beat. 

I am very happy with the product. I think Wash and Wax could become a seriously popular product for use on cars that see a reasonable amount of street use. Garage Queens not so much. 

Polymer Sealants, silica products etc used for protection in lieu of the traditional carnauba, natural waxes etc are much slicker and glossier in my use and repel dust and dirt better, and are more hydrophobic -

You want small TIGHT beads on the surface, the big plops of beads you don't want - the tighter the beading the more hydrophobic the surface is - sounds like Wash and Wax is a winner, the name keeps it familiar but it is more of a Wash and Seal type protection

I guess this may be true... I washed my car last Sunday, and this previous Friday after a maybe two days of raining (car was sitting and driven in during this) my buddy at work said "Jees how many times have you washed your car?" I told him i haven't in 5 days to which he didn't believe me  :rolleyes:

I agree with the original poster.  I've noticed these benefits as well, car is definitely staying cleaner than usual in less than ideal conditions.  Even when I wash it, or when it gets rained on, the water seems to sheet off of the car, almost like what happens to the rain on the windows when applying the glass sealant.  It's pretty awesome stuff, I only bought a 16 oz. bottle to start with, but I think I'll be buying the larger jug sooner rather than later

Just tried this stuff out for the first time last night on the wife's black jeep grand cherokee and very impressed. While drying with the master blaster I almost didn't have to dry using detail spray bc the water just flew off the jeep and left a perfect shiny finish. Can't wait to see how it holds up after a few days and some rain, be curious to see if it stays cleaner longer, as some people have noticed