Customer Service 866.965.0400

Given Up on Glass Cleaning Towels

scottkalbfeld

Question

I have totally given up on the glass cleaning towels. No matter what I do these towels leave streaks. I have 3. I've tried buffing off with a dry glass towel. Everything. Does anyone have any advice on how/ which towels would be better. Thank you.

Edited by scottkalbfeld

There's a guarantee on them, so give customer service a call.

I've talked with Matt a few times about it no need to guarantee them as they work great on my fish tank lol. Just wanted to let others know I'm still a fan of the old ones.

I've talked with Matt a few times about it no need to guarantee them as they work great on my fish tank lol. Just wanted to let others know I'm still a fan of the old ones.

I actually bought a few packs of the old ones after they took them off the site in favor of the new ones. I think they work great!

This is great input, and we are listening....  New Glass Cleaner is coming.... And I must say, treating the glass first is what I do on every car I clean. 

1. Brilliant Glaze on interior glass.

2. Clay and Glass Sealant on Exterior Glass.

3. Easy time cleaning with a mist of Waterless Wash and a Waterless Wash Towel on all glass, once treated.

Time for a video!

This is great input, and we are listening....  New Glass Cleaner is coming.... And I must say, treating the glass first is what I do on every car I clean. 

3. Easy time cleaning with a mist of Waterless Wash and a Waterless Wash Towel on all glass, once treated.

Time for a video!

Brilliant Glaze on the interior glass? Interesting @Adam. For what purpose? Looks, or does it help get rid of anything that could be on the inside? I don't think I have ever heard of this suggestion on the interior, only exterior...very curious to the effects. 

Amazed, both by suggestion and input from Adam. Great to see such wonderful customer interaction throughout all levels of the company!!!

Can't wait to try the Brilliant Glaze on the interior glass

Edited by SumBeach35

I do a similar process as Adam. I make sure to "clean" the glass with Rinseless at every wash, and I do that first. Brilliant Glaze would probably speed up the process, but I do it at every wash so it isn't too bad at all. Clay and Glass Sealant on the outside definitely makes a huge difference! Then a final wipedown with just a small spray of Glass Cleaner makes it flawless!

I use waffle weave towels, but to be honest regular 'ole cotton T shirts work best for me.  I just restock some new T shirts and used the old ones to do some dirty work around the vehicle.  They work well for glass.

I just did a top down detail of my big 'ole truck and like posted above, I clayed the glass along with the vehicle, clean with glass cleaner and then went back over it with Adams detail spray.  The detail spray gives it some slickness to bead rain and it seems to keep the glass cleaner in between cleanings.  I use little cleaner which I found to best than flooding the towel with cleaner then flip the towel (T shirt) and dry/buff immediately.

Edited by Methodical

I know this is a bit taboo in these parts but I find Junkman's glass cleaning tutorial is fantastic. Cut with one towel {competing product name removed}. However, Adam's glass cleaning towels seem to be cut from the same cloth [+1 for the pun] with long nap on one side, short on the other. Polish/Buff with the second towel. The glass master pro helps in my BRZ so much with the tight angles of the glass.

I know this is a bit taboo in these parts but I find Junkman's glass cleaning tutorial is fantastic. Cut with one towel {competing product name removed}. However, Adam's glass cleaning towels seem to be cut from the same cloth [+1 for the pun] with long nap on one side, short on the other. Polish/Buff with the second towel. The glass master pro helps in my BRZ so much with the tight angles of the glass.

Glass Master Pro?  details of this item?

Time for a video!

then why sell the glass cleaner and new glass towel if you are recommending the waterless wash?  Of all the items I have purchased, the glass cleaner and the towels are ones I certainly am not fond of.  Not being a butt head or hateful but just voicing a question and opinion.

^This. This is exactly the issue I had. I love the Adams glass cleaner, hate the new towels. Once you eliminate the problem, your glass cleaning issues will be over! :)

I switched to using the blue plush waffle weave towels. They seem to doing a pretty good job.

I tried a different branded glass towel which is actually similar to the waterless wash towels. I wish Adam's would go to that style as well.

I use Adam's new glass towels primarily but in a pinch I use the waterless wash towels and they work pretty good. Especially with the updated glass cleaner.....

then why sell the glass cleaner and new glass towel if you are recommending the waterless wash?  Of all the items I have purchased, the glass cleaner and the towels are ones I certainly am not fond of.  Not being a butt head or hateful but just voicing a question and opinion.

Adam and others are just trying to provide options for those experiencing issues. This problem some people are seeing doesn't appear to be a universal issue. For many people it is working just fine. I can say for certain I have had pretty good results with it on older vehicles. On my newer car, it doesn't seem to work well, but I am not sure anything will without some tweaks to my routine. I am going to go with Adams suggestion of using BG on it to see if that helps. I think my newer car has some off gassing film build up on the inside and that's why I am not getting it 100% clear.