Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Boost & General Glass Sealant question

rondre

Question

Received this in last mystery buckets - was pretty excited to check it out.  Unfortunately I never found my original adams glass sealant which i loved and was using up some griots glass sealant which works great as well, just takes twice as long to apply for similar results.  Well in Norcal there's a 2 day rainstorm blowing through so this morning i decided to "boost" my wife's sealed car (bout a month ago with griots) with some glass boost and since i've only had my truck a few months i hadn't yet sealed my windshield so decided to do it since my wipers were squeaky.  Cleaned glass thoroughly and clayed it afterwards then spent a good 15 minutes doing 2 coats of the griots per instructions.  The only non-instruction thing I did was rather than wipe it off once hazed over I misted some glass boost on top and buffed to a ?shine?   Anyways - water was beading like crazy and flying off the windshield around 30mph - but literally less than 5 minutes later and probably 5 wiper swipes in they wipers were squeaking again and low and behold, the glass is no longer sealed.

My wife also reported her wipers were squeaking a little today too.  I'm guessing that maybe the glass boost doesn't play nice w/ the griots variety (no matter, my replacement Adam's one is coming Tuesday), but I'm not really sure - anyone else have any experience using glass boost w/ a non Adams glass sealant?  Does the humidity play a factor in not letting it seal properly?  The only difference between when the stuff i have worked great and today was the addition of the glass boost and less time before water touched the windshield.  I will say during the final buffing off of the sealant and boost that the windshield was suuuuuper slick.

Anyways - not sure if anyone can answer the humidity with glass sealant question or glass boost with other sealant question but wanted to throw this out there.  I'm going to re-coat tonight after work w/o using the boost and see if it's the humidity or the boost - will update with results later.

13 answers to this question

Ive used both.  Not sure if it was together.

But more recently i have used detail spray when drying on the windshield and at other times H2O GnG.   

And at other times I used glass boost.  I absolutely love glass boost.  

If i were in your shoes right now.  I would leave Griots out and just do glass boost to seal the windshield.  

Ive never had my wipers squeak, but ive had them skip,  and i think i had to much product on at that point, so i cleaned, clay, and added boost,  things were back to perfect.  

45 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Ive used both.  Not sure if it was together.

But more recently i have used detail spray when drying on the windshield and at other times H2O GnG.   

And at other times I used glass boost.  I absolutely love glass boost.  

If i were in your shoes right now.  I would leave Griots out and just do glass boost to seal the windshield.  

Ive never had my wipers squeak, but ive had them skip,  and i think i had to much product on at that point, so i cleaned, clay, and added boost,  things were back to perfect.  

what is the longevity you've found with glass boost?  also does it have a cure time?

No cure time that i know of.

Longevity?  My truck is garage kept and only driven in the rain when I have to work on a rainy day.  I drive 30miles 1 way,  hi way, farm country, and city. 

It lasts me a while.  But at the same time, between boost and GnG, I have never seen a depressed amout of beads.  

You know I hit my wifes car a few times a year with both and same thing.  Beads never diminish.  Hers is always outside and is our more common rainy day car.  

I dont use much either, just a couple spritz,  nothing close to what Adam does in the glass boost video.

I would think it lasts 2-3 months.  

And another thought,  I did my parents car and windshield last June (2017) with paint sealant...their windshield still beads!

Edited by Nickfire20

Here's a trick I've learned to help stop the squeaking/jumping wiper blades.

Step 1.) Wipe the rubber of the wiper blade off with Windshield Wiper Fluid and a paper towel until no more black come off onto the paper towel. Let Dry.

Step 2.) Wipe the rubber of the wiper blade down with Glass Sealant. Let Dry. Buff down the Glass Sealant with a clean paper towel.

Hey there,

hmmm never had any problems on my vehicles with windshield wipers and glass boost. I have also never used griots garage sealant but I’m sure it works just as well. 

We don’t live in to much humidity here in Colorado but with any liquid and dry time humidity will have a little affect on drying and cure times but the longevity of the product really depends on the weather your putting your vehicle in if it is a daily it won’t last as long a car that only comes out on the weekends.

I would agree and try to clean your windshield wipers of with some tire and rubber cleaner just put a little amount on a microfiber and wiper until nothing comes off... 

interested to see results...

Edited by Dakota werth

On 4/7/2018 at 3:26 AM, BRZN said:

Here's a trick I've learned to help stop the squeaking/jumping wiper blades.

Step 1.) Wipe the rubber of the wiper blade off with Windshield Wiper Fluid and a paper towel until no more black come off onto the paper towel. Let Dry.

Step 2.) Wipe the rubber of the wiper blade down with Glass Sealant. Let Dry. Buff down the Glass Sealant with a clean paper towel.

Thanks, I'll have to try this!

On 4/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, Nickfire20 said:

No cure time that i know of.

Longevity?  My truck is garage kept and only driven in the rain when I have to work on a rainy day.  I drive 30miles 1 way,  hi way, farm country, and city. 

It lasts me a while.  But at the same time, between boost and GnG, I have never seen a depressed amout of beads.  

You know I hit my wifes car a few times a year with both and same thing.  Beads never diminish.  Hers is always outside and is our more common rainy day car.  

I dont use much either, just a couple spritz,  nothing close to what Adam does in the glass boost video.

I would think it lasts 2-3 months.  

And another thought,  I did my parents car and windshield last June (2017) with paint sealant...their windshield still beads!

I think you answered my question that I had for Adam’s liquid paint sealant, couldn’t find info on this sealant being used on windshield. I’ve used chemical guys jetseal on glass and loved it lasted a long time. Now I have Adam’s but wasn’t sure if it can be used on glass since there is not much info. Saw Adam applying it on headlights as well. 

8 hours ago, DF24 said:

I think you answered my question that I had for Adam’s liquid paint sealant, couldn’t find info on this sealant being used on windshield. I’ve used chemical guys jetseal on glass and loved it lasted a long time. Now I have Adam’s but wasn’t sure if it can be used on glass since there is not much info. Saw Adam applying it on headlights as well. 

I am also an advocate of Glass Sealant and Glass Boost.  I treat the windshield with Glass Sealant about ever 3 or months and then follow up monthly with Glass Boost.  If we get an exceptional amount of rain or the windshield gets dirty I use Glass Boost again.   Across 6 vehicles, I still have 3/4 bottle of Glass Sealant and close to that of Glass Boost.   In both cases a little goes a long way.

Habit is that when I do the outside of the windshield with Glass Boost, I do the inside of the windshield with Brilliant Glaze and have a spotless view.   Also, I have tried Glass Boost alone on the outside mirrors and the dew and rain runs right off.