Customer Service 866.965.0400

To Old to Detail Any Longer

TR6speed

Question

Well maybe it is time to hang up my detail bag as I turned 72  a week ago.  I was get my 2007 Monterey Red Corvette ready for a local cruise-in later today and after I washed it I decide to apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze.  Went to my product cabinet and wanted to get it on before lunch so it could dry good.  Went in had lunch a came out and started to remove it and noticed it still had not turned to its normal milky white,  Once I started to wipe it I realized it was coming off.  I looked and instead of BG, I applied VRT to the entire car.

Well I tried waterless wash and while it did remove it a little it was still there.  Next a coat of glaze and that removed about 99%, but there were still streaks in the VRT.  Next step, a generous application of Detail Spray and some good buffing followed by a second buffing with a fresh micro fiber towel.  That finally did the trick.  I be I don't do that again.

17 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

Well maybe it is time to hang up my detail bag as I turned 72  a week ago.  I was get my 2007 Monterey Red Corvette ready for a local cruise-in later today and after I washed it I decide to apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze.  Went to my product cabinet and wanted to get it on before lunch so it could dry good.  Went in had lunch a came out and started to remove it and noticed it still had not turned to its normal milky white,  Once I started to wipe it I realized it was coming off.  I looked and instead of BG, I applied VRT to the entire car.

Well I tried waterless wash and while it did remove it a little it was still there.  Next a coat of glaze and that removed about 99%, but there were still streaks in the VRT.  Next step, a generous application of Detail Spray and some good buffing followed by a second buffing with a fresh micro fiber towel.  That finally did the trick.  I be I don't do that again.

HA!  Age is not the issue here as most of done something like this in the past.  Just consider yourself in good company!

50 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Oh man!!!   That awful. Then after cleaning it up

you had to still wax it!!!!!   Throw down a few beers and try again tomorrow. !!!

The only good thing, is there is an annual Corvette show on the water in St Pete coming up and I am going to strip wax wash, clay, paint correction, glaze and finally apply the Americana.  So todays was only a small setback for the cruise-in. 

:lolsmack:  I'll be 72 in September, so I feel your pain. I've picked up the wrong stuff on numerous occasions.  The pain in the joints is the worst thing about aging.  Had to have my 66 year old wife climb into the back seat of the CTS today to do the leather and the rear window.  It's a coupe, so she really had to reach and twist to even get the window remotely clean, but it's something I can't do any more.  But the good thing is...........I'm still here!!!  And I'm gonna drive my Vette till I hit the nursing home. Save the wave Jack!!

22 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Hang in there Jack!  I just keep telling people I'm really a 16 year-old trapped in a 64 year-old body.  I have done so many things like that...Now where did I put those glasses?

On 4/26/2018 at 2:16 PM, TR6speed said:

I have did something similar, not once, not twice but three times with other Adams Products.  I once All Purposed one of my older cars.  Now that was a paint correction.

2 minutes ago, bobfred44 said:

I have did something similar, not once, not twice but three times with other Adams Products.  I once All Purposed one of my older cars.  Now that was a paint correction.

Ok, I'll bite...how did you make that boo-boo?!

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

Let's face it. It's easy enough to do, especially if you have every bottle of every product Adam's makes!  There's only so many colors in the rainbow!  :lolsmack:

I have ALL of Adams products going back 12-13 years.  Colors get confusing when you are just throwing the bull.

This and others mistakes have become educational to many.  I always double and triple check as of lately.  

I am glad however, that Adam’s bottles are clear, so there is some difference in colors.  

I’m pretty good with the scents,  so that may have caught my attention before I went to far ?‍♂

Some companies have all black bottles with the same labels,  definitely looks confusing, I bet those folks constantly make mistakes.

My VRT is very thick and must be "Squirted" out and "sounds" like ketchup being deployed.  My Brilliant Glaze is more transparent, thin, and practically runs out of the bottle when tipped to your applicator.  Hopefully I never make that mistake!  

Man mistakes happen, the good side of it all is it wasnt permanent and realistically came off fairly easily in the end. Live and learn man, age has nothing to do with either. Just think, it could have been the finishing polish, and be really glad it wasnt the new untamed stuff and you could have applied tire shine to the whole car.