Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey, team Adam's! I talked to @Dan@Adams earlier today...any thoughts about offering a collapsible detail cart? Would help with mobile detailing services, for sure, as well as storage in the garage, shed, etc. I'm not an engineer, but I'm thinking some sort of telescoping legs would be easiest, or maybe accordion style brackets. Basically, something that has a couple shelves and breaks down easily.

I looked at some of the better ones, and they run around $500.  Not sure that there would be a large enough market for one in that price range. The less expensive ones I looked at were pretty much junk, so speaking for myself only, those just don't look like the quality that Adam's would demand.  Interesting idea though Chris.  Guess we'll have to see what comes down the pipeline. 

Thanks, Rich. Didn't know they were out there, was more of a random thought with Dan. That price would put me out of the market, and I agree, don't want junk. Guess we will see if a lower cost but still quality model becomes a reality or not.

I would have to agree, if it was to be done I would think it needs to be marketed more towards the person with little to no space as in an apartment or similar, and honestly I doubt that folks would spend that type of money on one. 

I was looking for something like that one day and came across this at Costco for the price of $129.99...  https://www.costco.com/4-in-1-Auto-Detailing-Workstation.product.100393350.html

The Durabench® 4-In-1 Auto Detailing Workstation is an indispensable tool that combines a professional grade detail station, an industrial strength work platform, a convenient push cart and a creeper all in one portable and easily storable unit.  Designed for both the professional detailer and the general auto enthusiast, the Durabench® is loaded with features to make any auto detailing job safe and easy.

The Durabench® 4-in-1 includes an integrated 110-Volt Power Strip with two outlets and two USB ports, powering all your buffers, polishers and other auto detailing tools (and even charging your phone).In detail station mode, the Durabench® provides a large 20 inch X 46 inch double-sided work surface: one with a textured anti-slip pattern and built-in support groove to hold 5-gallon wash buckets and on the flip-side a smooth surface suitable for more traditional projects.

• By simply retracting the telescoping legs, the detail station converts into an elevated work platform, duty rated for 500 lbs, allowing two people to reach all points of even the largest trucks and SUV’s.
  • Both the detail station and work platform modes include an attached storage basket to hold all your detailing accessories within easy reach.
  • By folding in the adjustable legs, the Durabench® becomes a push cart with double bearing smooth motion wheels and collapsible push bar, providing a 320 lb. rated mobile platform capable of transporting all of your equipment and vehicle contents with maximum efficiency.
  • By lowering the push bar the Durabench® transforms into a creeper with articulating front wheels for easy maneuverability and comfortable access to the most challenging detailing locations.
  • Finally, for when your detailing or project needs require even more support, the Durabench® 4-In-1 includes built-in connectivity to chain multiple Durabench® 4-In-1s together, creating a true professional assembly line.
Edited by Liralen

That's not bad. But I would think I would require wheels for sure, and instead of a flat top, I'd need a deeper shelf so nothing would fall off  while I'm moving around.  Plus if  you have multiple polishers and pads, towels, bottles, etc.  it just wouldn't be big enough for a mobile detailing business. But for someone that has very limited space that might be okay.  Looks more like a work bench to me.  

I have one from Amazon that works great!  Olympia Tools collapsible cart .  Not sure if I found out about it on this forum or another detailing forum, but is a very nice cart, that only take up a small space, and easily fits on the truck for mobile work.

post-1109-0-39218900-1486341145_thumb.jpg

post-1109-0-85674900-1486341271_thumb.jpg

post-1109-0-61284200-1486341302_thumb.jpg

Edited by mc2hill

Whoa, both of those are pretty cool! The Costco one does look like it has small wheels on it, but I agree with Rich in that I would want the top to have some type of ridge to prevent bottles and other items from falling.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Rich said:

That's not bad. But I would think I would require wheels for sure, and instead of a flat top, I'd need a deeper shelf so nothing would fall off  while I'm moving around.  Plus if  you have multiple polishers and pads, towels, bottles, etc.  it just wouldn't be big enough for a mobile detailing business. But for someone that has very limited space that might be okay.  Looks more like a work bench to me.  

Good point about the wheels, the ones on it are really more for moving when lowered.  It is more of a bench than a detailing cart, but that is what I had been looking for, a new bench to use when detailing our trucks.  I liked this as it has grooves to hold a bucket for washing, as well outlets to plug in a polisher/ipod, and a basket to keep some detailing tools/sprays from falling. 

Ideally, a good detail cart would have locking wheels, outlets, storage, and shelves with low sides on them.  That Olympia cart looks similar to one I looked at for close to $500.   But looking on Amazon right now, they have one that looks like Mc2hill's cart for $89.  Doesn't have the outlets, but it looks like it might be just what the dr. ordered. https://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Tools-85-188-Collapsible-Service/dp/B00M0V5PWA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1529034241&sr=8-5&keywords=collapsible+cart  

I think I'm okay putting that on here since Adam's doesn't sell a collapsible cart.   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, falcaineer said:

Bump for another look, hopefully, by the Adam's team. 

Thats a cool cart idea!  To have the flexibility to leave it up or store it collapsed based on your working area would make it more marketable to a larger consumer base I would think. Maybe they will take a look at it or something like it. 

I’ve noticed that the pro-cart is no longer on the site and that the regular cart it out-of-stock so maybe something new is coming for Black Friday or the holiday season. 

10 hours ago, Iceman said:

Thats a cool cart idea!  To have the flexibility to leave it up or store it collapsed based on your working area would make it more marketable to a larger consumer base I would think. Maybe they will take a look at it or something like it. 

I’ve noticed that the pro-cart is no longer on the site and that the regular cart it out-of-stock so maybe something new is coming for Black Friday or the holiday season. 

As much as I run between locations and carry a fair amount of product, having a cart that I could put in the Car or Truck would be a real help.  I absolutely like the idea of the car - thanks @falcaineer for bringing this back to the top.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

that's nice nice nice, definitely on my Xmas list. A bottle holder attachment would be perfect. I think the old Adam's cart had one that held like 8-12 bottles no?

For anyone who doesn't get what I'm asking, it was a rectangle plastic piece with 2 or 3 rows of circles cut out for holding bottles in place. It would be something a person with a 3d printer could make pretty easy.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:57 PM, falcaineer said:

Took a little while, but I do believe my request has been answered!!! @Dan@Adams, @Matt@Adams, @Kyle@Adams, thanks for listening! 😎

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/new-just-in/products/adams-foldable-garage-cart

Once you get your cart, let us know how it works.  I've been looking for something to use when I travel, especially to Florida.   I'm currently taking a 8 bottle bag, soft side bag and two Adam's crates and it would be nice to have a cart to put the stuff on when when I get there.