Customer Service 866.965.0400

What am I doing wrong?

MrRaspberryJam

Question

11 answers to this question

I was in the same boat as you until a recent change with the chemical and towel.  For years I used an off the shelf, very popular blue cleaner which worked OK, but I generally had streaks that only the wife could make go away.

After giving Adam's Glass Cleaner with the green towel a try, I was very impressed and so was the wife.  Not only did I manage to get all the windows clean, inside and out, they did not have any streaks and she didn't have to redo them.  There are a few things that make a difference, first stay out of the sun as much as possible and second don't let the product dry on the window and last you want the towel moist not wet.  If the towel has gotten to the point that it feels wet, you are using too much product or have done too many windows, get a different towel.

I also keep my towels separated for exterior and interior windows washing and while I cannot say for fact that it makes a difference, it seems logical to me.  There are more atmospheric contaminants, pollen, bugs and such on the exterior and I don't want to transfer that to the inside.  

Get that glass slick and it doesn’t streak. X1 on the clay then apply some sealant then maintain with boost. I’m going on 1500 miles on my original sealant. I just don’t use my wipers EVER haha. 

The one thing I do different from what the video shows, is that I first clean the window with Glass Cleaner, make sure it is dry and streak free, then I go over it Brilliant Glaze.  I may be doing a step that isn't needed, but the windows look great.

Big tip for glass cleaning is towels, towels and more towels. 

It may seem overkill, but I prefer a 3 towel method for guaranteed no streak results. One towel for the intial pass. The second towel to knock down what  moisture is on the glass and the third dry towel will eliminate every smudge or streak leftover. 

And speaking for the inside...if you BG the inside of your glass, don’t use any product on it after that. My single soft completely dry removes any film with a single pass and minimal presssure.  Most amazing thing ever. This alone will cure your streak battle.