Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying aid

brihvac

Question

5 hours ago, brihvac said:

Yes, the left is what it looks like. I also have a 12oz bottle that looks like the left

5 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Got it, so you have the right forumla. It just doesn't have instructions for the wet application method. I'll see if I can find a picture, or I can take one when I get home.

I went out and grabbed a picture of the bottle with the 2.0 application methods.   @falcaineer  Chris, do you know if anything changed with the recent update of CB, it does not contain the web instructions anymore.

IMG_0507.JPG

9 hours ago, brihvac said:

Just got it last week. The 64oz bottle. I wouldn’t be surprised if I got the old stuff. It’s just my luck. I saw nothing on it that says about glass. 

Don't worry, you have the most recent. Old formula didn't come in 64oz anyway. Wet application is simply wash the car, rinse while leaving the residual water on the car, and apply as I explained above.

I think i left one of my suggestions out...2 sprays into a double soft towel, then wipe on/off the vehicle.  Works pretty good as well.

So you have a few options to work with Brian,  let us know which one works best when the time comes.

Edited by Nickfire20

There’s not a lot of things I roll my eyes at that people do, and I totally understand the foundation of our hobby is trying new things to discover what works best for each individual on their car. It’s what we do. 

Having said that, one of the things I do roll my eyes at and have no clue why people do it, is using a drying aid on a ceramic coated vehicle.  I don’t know about you guys, but if I just finished a wash bucket method and sheet the water off with a hose, there’s about as close to nothing left to dry off as you can get.  And while your drying aid may be a lubricant, what exactly are you drying off?  Your spending more time touching and rubbing you’re paint when the exact opposite should be your goal.  If you sheeted the water off, you’re not drying anything. You gotta be only wiping off the drying aid you introduced.  Anywho...no flames intended.  Just hope I added something to think about.  

13 hours ago, galaxy said:

There’s not a lot of things I roll my eyes at that people do, and I totally understand the foundation of our hobby is trying new things to discover what works best for each individual on their car. It’s what we do. 

Having said that, one of the things I do roll my eyes at and have no clue why people do it, is using a drying aid on a ceramic coated vehicle.  I don’t know about you guys, but if I just finished a wash bucket method and sheet the water off with a hose, there’s about as close to nothing left to dry off as you can get.  And while your drying aid may be a lubricant, what exactly are you drying off?  Your spending more time touching and rubbing you’re paint when the exact opposite should be your goal.  If you sheeted the water off, you’re not drying anything. You gotta be only wiping off the drying aid you introduced.  Anywho...no flames intended.  Just hope I added something to think about.  

So you roll your eyes at this question but "no flames intended"? Ok. Thank you for your contribution to this thread. SMH

By the way, water does not sheet off my truck. Just thousands of beads and I have 8 bottles of detail spray just sitting around.

Edited by brihvac

18 hours ago, brihvac said:

So you roll your eyes at this question but "no flames intended"? Ok. Thank you for your contribution to this thread. SMH

By the way, water does not sheet off my truck. Just thousands of beads and I have 8 bottles of detail spray just sitting around.

If your car is ceramic coated, the water should definitely sheet off with little water left on the car.  I just use the master blaster and blow the little water remaining off, then occasionally I'll add the Ceramic Boost. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

If your car is ceramic coated, the water should definitely sheet off with little water left on the car.  I just use the master blaster and blow the little water remaining off, then occasionally I'll add the Ceramic Boost. 

My truck is ceramic coated and water does not sheet off like that