Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

I enjoy that the SS towels come with the kit because I save my DS towels for removing sealant residues anyway...

Thanks for the tip!  I have some Double Softs that are already slightly gray from washing them with a few black towels.

Also, watch for the unintended auto-expansion, your D+S turned into Detail Spray!  :lol:

Wanted to follow up since we had some rain today. The beading action was great. I was afraid I hadn't put enough on but had excellent beading all over my truck.

We had heavy rain last night and it appears beading action is gone. I wonder what I did wrong? Wife's car is the same way. Both vehicles had a coat of Buttery Wax mid March. Both vehicles washed with new Adams soap then HGG.

If a surface is dirty the beading will be effected as the water combines with dust/dirt - so if your vehicles were dusty when they were rained on then the beading would be reduced until the next wash, especially with light rain that doesn't flush the surface well.

Also, beading is AN indication of protection, but not the ONLY indication of protection.

Tony,

Are the cars parked under any trees or anything? I have noticed when I park my car under the tree line and it rains, the beading is severely impacted. I am sure it is probably some form of residue from the trees basically adhering on top of the LSP. If thats not the case I am at a loss. But I have seen that happen and your pic looks like you have some trees near you.

If a surface is dirty the beading will be effected as the water combines with dust/dirt - so if your vehicles were dusty when they were rained on then the beading would be reduced until the next wash, especially with light rain that doesn't flush the surface well.

Also, beading is AN indication of protection, but not the ONLY indication of protection.

That's it. Had a bunch of pollen on the vehicles. Yeah for living in the Ohio valley and not having a garage!!! Edited by Antv20

I'm amazed by how far sealants have come. I remember spending all day to apply 3 coats of Zaino and burning up my arm trying to buff it off. Then you could apply with a machine and have to wait 24 hours for it to cure, then you could apply by machine and easily wipe it off right away, now you have this.

Curious how the durability compares to Paint Sealant or Machine Super Sealant. Sounds like H2OG can be used as a sealant booster so I don't have to drag out the polisher and pads every 6 months to apply a new coat of Paint Sealant.

I'm amazed by how far sealants have come. I remember spending all day to apply 3 coats of Zaino and burning up my arm trying to buff it off. Then you could apply with a machine and have to wait 24 hours for it to cure, then you could apply by machine and easily wipe it off right away, now you have this.

Curious how the durability compares to Paint Sealant or Machine Super Sealant. Sounds like H2OG can be used as a sealant booster so I don't have to drag out the polisher and pads every 6 months to apply a new coat of Paint Sealant.

I agree Jason, I remember the old days of wearing my arm out and spending more than a day on the perfect finish.  I just applied my LPS this past weekend so I might wait a couple of weeks on the H20 and use it as a booster.  

I have been waiting for mine to arrrive so I removed all the pothole tar and gave it a workout with my flex. It came yesterday when I was almost done when fed x came so I read the directions and got started. Was easy to use and quick and it really put a shine on. Used it on a ford platinum oxford white.Good stuff JJust hope to see some of you guys at Grabiaks. Thank you for  the good products.

normally everyone is talking about this product after a wash...

well i just wash/polish the car yesterday

well today around 3 there was a giant gust of wind that knock so much ish around light dust

i was gonna detail spray it,but  then a idea came up that i should blast the car with water knock everything off since i sealed the car  then panel by panel sprayed the HGG  and some to the double soft too , and wiped it down while getting hungry cuz it smells so good! (to be honest this is much easier to dry the car than the regular spray of detail spray and great white) then i dried off the wheels since they already clean and my mustang does not leave much break dust  and after i was done i  went over it and hit it with detail spray on some spots i missed

yes i could of wash the car the wheels ect, but this way made it so much quicker ,

just wet ,spray wipe and dry  done in no time and looks freshly waxed

since it was a light dust and not to filthy 

what you guys think? yah or nah , i f up? i should not do this? or its an ok way 

post-12468-0-78852800-1429237418_thumb.jpg

post-12468-0-48853800-1429237434_thumb.jpg

post-12468-0-57563900-1429237441_thumb.jpg

post-12468-0-53469600-1429237449_thumb.jpg

post-12468-0-49875000-1429237518_thumb.jpg

normally everyone is talking about this product after a wash...

well i just wash/polish the car yesterday

well today around 3 there was a giant gust of wind that knock so much ish around light dust

i was gonna detail spray it,but  then a idea came up that i should blast the car with water knock everything off since i sealed the car  then panel by panel sprayed the HGG  and some to the double soft too , and wiped it down while getting hungry cuz it smells so good! (to be honest this is much easier to dry the car than the regular spray of detail spray and great white) then i dried off the wheels since they already clean and my mustang does not leave much break dust  and after i was done i  went over it and hit it with detail spray on some spots i missed

yes i could of wash the car the wheels ect, but this way made it so much quicker ,

just wet ,spray wipe and dry  done in no time and looks freshly waxed

since it was a light dust and not to filthy 

what you guys think? yah or nah , i f up? i should not do this? or its an ok way 

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

attachicon.gifimage3.JPG

attachicon.gifimage4.JPG

attachicon.gifimage5.JPG

I would say no because I doubt the water alone removed all of the dust and I'm pretty sure HGG does not have the necessary ingredients and lubricity to remove them as safely as say WW.

^^^ correct... of course, the easiest way to know is what was on your towels when you applied - did you notice any dirt/grit on the towels while you worked? If not then you're OK b/c the water remove it, but if you did see any dirt or grit then you can easily swirl a finish.

With the vehicle already dried, is there any benefit to misting a single dry panel with water and then spraying the HGG, rather than using the "dry application method" shown in the video?

Not really.

I get it... spraying the wet panels is fun to watch, I love it. However, drying a vehicle, then spraying water, then spraying product pretty much defeats the purpose this product was designed with: EFFICIENCY.

I've done both dry and wet application of the product on the same vehicle and seen identical performance. I say always apply it in the method that provides the best result with the least amount of effort. If not contending with heat/sun then go wet application - if you are then dry the vehicle and apply the product dry.

Good info.  I jumped this into the FAQ thread.

Once I have a chance to try HGG, I might find otherwise, but my guess is that applying HGG to a wet car takes longer than just drying it (maybe twice as long?), so there is an increased chance of water spots, even if the vehicle is not in hot weather or direct sun.  In heat/sun, it works to spray the entire vehicle with DS to help with preventing spots, but this would not be an option with HGG.

I received my bottle the other day and want to try this out tonight.  I plan on washing/2bucket method, then applying this.  My question is:  does this need bare paint to adhere?  I currently have a layer of liquid paint sealant from a month ago that seems to be holding strong.  I assumed most sealants need bare paint (wax/sealant stripped) before appication...I just don't want to waste it if it will not bond.  Thanks

I received my bottle the other day and want to try this out tonight.  I plan on washing/2bucket method, then applying this.  My question is:  does this need bare paint to adhere?  I currently have a layer of liquid paint sealant from a month ago that seems to be holding strong.  I assumed most sealants need bare paint (wax/sealant stripped) before appication...I just don't want to waste it if it will not bond.  Thanks

I believe in the video Dylan said that it could be used over liquid paint sealant

I couldn't see any hazing as the product dried. Maybe too much water on the application towel and the HGG got diluted?

Also, could the blue microfiber applicator be used to apply the product in lieu of a towel?

There won't be much... the product lays down very clear and flashes off mostly itself. There really is minimal buffing of residues.

I found on my Black paint it reverse hazes lol.  You smear it around and it's nice and grey so you can see where it was then it flashes off pretty clear very fast like Dylan said.

I thought something was wrong with mine but I'm really glad it almost disappears.  :2thumbs: