Customer Service 866.965.0400

How did you come to use Adams?

Audog

Question

Just wondering how we all came to use Adams. I started with the usual mass market products, Meg's, Mothers, etc. and while they are good I felt that something was missing. That led to web searches and eventually to Griots, again a good product, but still something missing. Further searching lead to Chemical Guys, again good, but their videos remind me of the Vince from ShamWow telemercials. Then one day about a year ago, a chance encounter recommend Adams detail spray and now a year later I have a garage full. Every product I have from Adams has been great, does what it says, smells great and is priced reasonable. That's my story, how about everyone else

A couple years back I decided to get a new Corvette. The sales rep gave a small collection of Adam's products to buyers as a thank you for the purchase. I started adding to the collection before the car or the thank you was received!

Now I use Adams exclusively. Before that I was using mostly brand M and before that whatever I could hijack from the kitchen and laundry room! :D  

TBSSowners.com Mook and DVK where over there. Local forum members where using Adams so I gave it a try. Been hooked ever since and have no interest in other brands.

TBSSowners got me addicted also.

I like they had the kits so I could get everything I needed all at once and have one stop shopping. Makes it simple and I don't have any extra shipping charges trying to get stuff from multiple places.

Focus ST Forums is where I learned about Adam's Polishes from a lengthy detailing post from TheRyan.

In general I was very much into car care, but took a lot of bad advice as good advice. "Soap is soap" and "Wax is wax" were two common pearls of wisdom I came to embrace. After several years of trying this product and that product, searching for what would make my ride look its best (and ultimately leading to general disappointment) I finally found Adams through the forum I noted above. Then someone linked one of Adam's videos. I was stunned. I watched every Adam's video I could find and I started off with Adam's Essentials Wash Kit. The results I started seeing just from proper technique combined with superior products blew my mind. I have spent more money with Adam's than I care to disclose - but I don't regret a single cent of it, which I cannot say about the pile of crappy OTC products now stuffed in a box.

Great thread idea!

Edited by PHOKUS

Another FordRaptorForum convert here.

Info from FRF got me to looking after I bought my Raptor and the conversations there led me to buying and using. Now I'm hooked deep and have even hooked a few friends of mine.

Great products, great customer service, and great support via the forum. Why go anywhere else?

Justin

Upon getting a set of Aluminum rims I did a lot of research of the best polish for aluminum and I kept seeing Adams pop up in the results. Between stalking the forum and Instagram I ended up making my first order, and it's been an addiction since then.

JeepForum.com is where I heard about Adam's Polishes. Does the stuff work? Yup! Do other companies products work? Yup!

So why did I start using Adam's? That's a pretty easy question to answer. There are 2 reasons for why I became hooked on Adam's, and that because 1 this forum by far is the best forum I belong to! The people here are do willing to help and there is never an issue of anyone talking down to a new guy is very hard to find in a forum. Reason 2 is I have NEVER seen a company do free detail clinics in states other then their own.

The products are fantastic, no doubt about it, but the company and this forum's ability to make you feel like family is the reason I stayed!

Like everyone else here on the Forum, I tried, experimented with a majority of the products out there. I happened to come across Adam’s on Amazon. Read the reviews, went to the Adam’s web site and thought I’d try some of their products. OK, I’m 98% hooked on Adam’s. I still use Chemical Guys Synthetic Detail over the Adam’s version. I emailed my opinion of the 2 products and Nathan in Customer Service was very professional with his reply. (Great sales tool)

I’m not one of those “Brand Loyalists”, but Adam’s is becoming my favorite and I think over time they will get a majority of my business in the future.

I do like the Video’s that Adam puts out. They are product specific and very helpful. Thanks Adam!

I use to buy Adams products at the Orange County fair grounds during the weekends many years ago. There were two guys selling top notch detailing prucducts, the other guy was selling der stuff. I us d both because they sold different products, I thought Adams went out of business because one day they were gone and no longer at the fair grounds. Long story short many years later we were reunited again. Lol, I use to buy many items from another detail supply shop but cut them out of my will because their customer service sucked. So I'm here now, and you fellow Adams enthusiasts are stuck with me now!

I bought my Camaro about 3 years ago and spent a lot of time on the Camaro5 forums.  I'd always had used cars with many miles on them and the Camaro was the first new car I'd owned, so I wanted to get a little more serious about taking care of it rather than driving through the nearest automatic car wash.  Adams has a presence on the forums and I saw that several people had great things to say about their products, so I figured I would give it a try.  I bought the two bucket car wash kit and never looked back.  The mystery boxes were a significant help in building my arsenal over time.  The products are amazing and speak for themselves.  The videos and this forum have taught me so much, and I'm thankful for it.  That's why I keep coming back for more.

To tell you the truth it was an accident not literally but I bought a new vette had a 2013 grand sport for three years actually I leased it that didn't work for me ever leased a car before and never will again but wanted to see if I really wanted one at the time I was 62 anyway I bought my new vette 2016 stingray joined the corvette museum and got a magazine so I ordered some products on there site (corvette museum site ) the products I ordered Adams basic stuff was on back order so me being me I called Adams and they had my order and sent it out right away after that it's history that happened back in February I am now an adams addict I have a big problem. Check out the post pictures of youradams collection and you will see what I am talking about !

To tell you the truth it was an accident not literally but I bought a new vette had a 2013 grand sport for three years actually I leased it that didn't work for me ever leased a car before and never will again but wanted to see if I really wanted one at the time I was 62 anyway I bought my new vette 2016 stingray joined the corvette museum and got a magazine so I ordered some products on there site (corvette museum site ) the products I ordered Adams basic stuff was on back order so me being me I called Adams and they had my order and sent it out right away after that it's history that happened back in February I am now an adams addict I have a big problem. Check out the post pictures of youradams collection and you will see what I am talking about !

post#463-#490

New to the forum, so Hi!

I bought some of this from a local dealer that is a rep for Adams.  I started basic with shampoo, quick detailer.  After seeing the huge difference in time and shine, I had to keep using it.  

I'm a car and wax geek..... So I've tried a lot of different polishes .. Ranging from very expensive... DoDo juice .... Chemical Guys.. And I found Adams on a you tube video.. Looked at the web site it was a 15% off sale so I gave you a try since your price point is middle ground ... But the performance is way beyond the cost... So the value is excellent.. I'll be placing a fairly large .... 300 dollar .. So far order... Best value in car care.. Hands down....

Recently purchased a new Chevy truck, read about Adam's products on GM-Trucks.com fourm, which Adam's sponsors. Just so happened to be a mystery box sale the first time I checked out Adam's web site, game over, I'm hooked. With all the videos, it's stupid easy to know what product to use and how to use it. Had a shipping issue once, one email and less than a hour later, problem solved. Super impressed with the products and the people.

I remember watching the Adams infomercial a long time ago..with James Brown. I used Megs & dealer provided products at the time.  Always seen Adams on car forums like G8nation/grrrr8 G8board etc. I always wanted to order and try it. Well in 2008 after a friend lent me some Adams Buttery Wax I gave in and purchased an Adams starter kit.   :2thumbs: It was Adams ever since! Now have a big inventory

I still use some 3M pro-products when the need arises.  

I've been detailing since 1987 right out of high school. Was taught by a gentleman at a car dealership .. Its been a part time time hobby for the last 20 years. I just detail on weekends & have many return customers that keep me busy. 

Some cars in my portfolio are high end cars Ferrari's, Austin Martins, etc to classics and American Muscle.

I even detailed one of Paul Newman's cars back in 87 with the person who taught me .. It was a "modified" Maxima that was actually in Car and Driver in the 80s. Was pretty cool!  :cool:

I purchased a new truck in 2013 and wanted to spiff it up.  Did some googling and came across Adam's website.  I placed my order for the PC kit with polishes and some rags.  Ironically, the shipment didn't make it to me.  I got an email or text stating my order had been delivered, so I called my son to get the package, literally within minutes of getting the message.  My son told me there was no package, but that he saw the Fedex truck pull off.  To make a long story short, I am 100% positive the Fedex guy stole the package. My weekend polishing party was a no go.  I called Adams and told them the story and they immediately shipped a new order, so I was in business for the following weekend.  That's my story.