Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Is that underhood before picture mostly dirt from dirt roads or salt used on winter roads?

Huge difference before and after!

This is the first time it's been cleaned since she bought the truck. She was up there during the summer/fall so not much snow/salt but coming back she took the scenic route and hit some snow.

Just got done detailing a Ram truck for a friend of mine. Needless to say it hadn't been washed after 2 long haul trips from Vegas to LA over the past 2 months. Anyways, when I went to detail the engine compartment.....holly chit!  Looking at it, i couldn't pressure was it due to all the exposed connectors and relays. Oh well!  Got the water spray bottle and some All Purpose Cleaner and a few small brushes and went to work. Funny in a way, you would think that Chrysler would cover all exposed relays on a truck with all the dirt roads and such trucks go thru. Here are a few before and after shots.

Looks good Gary, next time just hose that sucker down, I do it all the time, all the connectors are made to resist water and the weather, the only thing cover are alternators.

I totally agree with the comments that taking a hose to under the hood is fine. (Maybe not so much if aftermarket electronics have been added.)

On a related note, shame on the manufacturer leaving all of the exposed positive terminals around the battery. Not the safest setup I've ever seen. Any chance a cover of some sort is missing?

Some cars have little plastic covers over the terminals but a good portion do not have anything. All the plastic covers do is dress it up and prevent anything from short circuiting on the positive post.

Just out of curiosity being that you work at an Audi dealership, how many come in for electrical problems?

It's hard for me to say because I don't work in service at all, but with any of the newer cars, the worst thing I've ever seen couldn't be fixed by simply resetting the fault and the problem never coming back.

With that said, with 4 Audis in my family, not one has ever had an issue.

Severe weather here tonight. I let my staff go early to beat the hail and tornado. One employee that lives in Ottawa, Illinois ended up in a beer cooler at a Thorntons gas station. She was on her way home but got off the road after running into baseball sized hail...then the tornado siren went off. Ottawa EMS reporting extensive damage at a nursing home.

I left the office at 5:30 and promptly drove into a deluge which had up to golf ball sized hail in it. Remarkably after I got home I have found no dents or dings. Shocked! Round two is rumbling through right now but both vehicles are safe in the garage.

Severe weather here tonight. I let my staff go early to beat the hail and tornado. One employee that lives in Ottawa, Illinois ended up in a beer cooler at a Thorntons gas station. She was on her way home but got off the road after running into baseball sized hail...then the tornado siren went off. Ottawa EMS reporting extensive damage at a nursing home.

I left the office at 5:30 and promptly drove into a deluge which had up to golf ball sized hail in it. Remarkably after I got home I have found no dents or dings. Shocked! Round two is rumbling through right now but both vehicles are safe in the garage.

hope you all are safe

Made the decision, with my wife's blessing, on a new ride. It will be in the garage by mid afternoon tomorrow getting its welcome home detailing. Only hint I'll give is: its black. Dealer already has instructions to do no prep or washing.

Edited by Captain Slow

Made the decision, with my wife's blessing, on a new ride. It will be in the garage by mid afternoon tomorrow getting its welcome home detailing. Only hint I'll give is: its black. Dealer already has instructions to do no prep or washing.

Took this beautiful Jazz Blue SRT392 for a spin.

Good lord is that thing an absolute BEAST!

My wife has green lighted it if I so desire, sooooo......going to check on insurance on Monday and also on some winter tires...

I have a 12 mile round trip commute doing about 7500 miles a year so I'm not concerned with gas mileage.

Edited by LFairbanks

Got all my Adam's stuff together and organized. Whew!  Got my order for the Chocolate Mint Detail spray and now my garages smells like a candy shop. Also got the wall hanger for the Adam's Foam Gun. Little over priced for stamped metal....but!

Looks good Gary, I only see one thing you need to change, the storage of your Patriot wax needs to be refrigerated, to help keep it preserved...just don't confuse it with the preserves for your toast in the morning! Ha

Inquiring minds want to know!!!