Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 2013 Ford Focus ST (bye bye Veloster)

The Ryan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great write-up! And that is a RED HOT hatch you got there.:2thumbs:

I'm also amazed with the dirt your clay came up with. The car collected a lot of grime on the trip from Michigan, but you have it looking spot on now:glasses:

Are you getting much understeer with this car? I test drove a Speed3 and it was pretty interesting, just not in a real good way.

And last but not least, your daughter is adorable and congratulations on the one on the way!

Thanks all, I never thought I could love a Ford.. They have changed my opinion!

Torque steer isn't too bad in this car at all, it has onboard electronic torque vectoring so it senses the torque steer and helps compensate for it... I can still feel it slightly, but they did a good job balancing it.

Something else interesting it does, is 'Hill Assist' when your on a incline and you remove your foot from the brake to step on the gas the brakes hold until you engage the clutch so the car does not roll backwards. Kinda scared me the first time I encountered it in my driveway. I thought the parking brake was still engaged. :lolsmack:

I am a huge fan of Ford's.. I just wish their paint process was a bit better. When. Sold them.. seems every model had orange.peel or flat spots in the paint.

I remember a tuner magazine several years ago getting a focus and having the car wet sanded and painted from the factory.

Anyway.. love the car.. wish they bring over the 3door awd version

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! I have been watching the progress of the ST for a few years now. Very happy Ford introduced it to the US.

Incredible write up! Next to black, its tough to top a fully detailed red car! I too learned from detailing a friend's new car how nasty the paint can be.

great job on the new car prep!

when you first mentioned how soft the clear was on the veloster i knew it wouldn't last that long :) detailing is fun, but having to do a full blown correction every time you touch the finish isn't :thumbsup:

thats a great looking car... for a FORD! but being a chevy guy, ford has really stepped up its game in design across the board in all their vehicles.

That looks great, I've been wanting to drive one as my wife wants me to move to one car over two. Apparently she thinks a combination of mpg's and fun is a must have when growing a family. Bt she doesn't drive 30k per year. I agree with everyone else, for me it would be hard going from a full size sedan to a smaller car. But I am intrigued by 300+ horsepower

Thanks all, I never thought I'd say this, but I seriously love this Focus. SCT released a ECU tune for it, 285HP + 323ft lbs of torque! :willy: +32HP, and +53Lbs for $400.... Sooo tempting, alas I must save money. :(

the tune will be worth it! you may even get better mileage also from it if you keep your foot off the floor. :2thumbs:

Awesome car! I'm actually pretty wowed by a Focus.. Never thought i'd say this but i'm actually considering getting an ST when I get out of college now. Man that thing is sweet!

Hard to beat for the money right now.

An STI is on my list right now and sure, you get more in that car, but it's $10,000+ more for one. :o

Exactly! ^.. I actually have an '05 Subaru Legacy GT with 300whp/350wtq at 20psi right now and i'm still considering getting this Focus. Such an awesome looking car and sick "race car" looking interior. Quite a Focus. I wonder how the aftermarket is going to be for this car. Probably expensive, like my car. LOL