Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Total Interior Detailer Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Oh, I can't forget the motorcycle either. Treated its leather with it too just as a touch up. Motorcycle leather is thick, touch, and exposed to harsh conditions. I mostly use the cleaner/conditioner combo at least monthly. Weekly touch-ups call for TID!

Dear Abby,

So, in short... If I got this straight (and I've had this product since its release)....

On dirty or dried out interior surfaces (except any screens, plastic lenses, gauge lens...etc), use L&IC first.

Then use TID or Leather Conditioner as you wish. I.e. Use Leather conditioner on leather, vinyl surfaces and TID on plastic panels

Or, use L Conditioner on all surfaces (no lenses and screens)... Then use TID for in-between touch ups? Or should this not go where L. conditioner has been used... And I should use L&IC before using TID?

Thanks In advance Abby,

-Confused in Alabama

This is the ONE product I've been confused on in 5+ years of using Adam's.

Dear Abby,

So, in short... If I got this straight (and I've had this product since its release)....

On dirty or dried out interior surfaces (except any screens, plastic lenses, gauge lens...etc), use L&IC first.

- You can use TID on dirty surfaces, it cleans as well.  Sure, LIC is stronger, but you have to wipe with water afterwords.  If they are dried out, yes, use the Leather Conditioner.  I have seen no issues using it after a TID wipedown...but, to the opposite, the TID will strip your Conditioner.

Then use TID or Leather Conditioner as you wish. I.e. Use Leather conditioner on leather, vinyl surfaces and TID on plastic panels

- Yep

Or, use L Conditioner on all surfaces (no lenses and screens)... Then use TID for in-between touch ups? Or should this not go where L. conditioner has been used... And I should use L&IC before using TID?

- If you go conditioner, don't follow-up those area's with the TID, it will strip it.  No, you don't need LIC before TID.

Thanks In advance Abby,

-Confused in Alabama

This is the ONE product I've been confused on in 5+ years of using Adam's.

Edited by 07RS4

I have used the new version extensively and its easiest to think of it as TID on steroids. More cleaning power for sure, its capable of removing more serious grime than the current version, but still not as strong as something like Leather Cleaner.

It maintains that matte look, but the best way to describe the finish is darker. There is a very noticable difference on treated vs. untreated areas, but it still looks very factory matte with no gloss.

The color is the same but the scent is different, the new scent I can't quite place, but it smells very clean and neutral. It disipates quick too which is what I'd consider ideal for an interior product.

I'm told it features much more substantial UV protection and conditioning properties and thats the stage of the testing that continues. I'm quite impressed with the new product as I'm sure you will be too. Its a nice upgrade over the current juice, but certainly not a total rewrite of the formula.

I have used the new version extensively and its easiest to think of it as TID on steroids. More cleaning power for sure, its capable of removing more serious grime than the current version, but still not as strong as something like Leather Cleaner.

It maintains that matte look, but the best way to describe the finish is darker. There is a very noticable difference on treated vs. untreated areas, but it still looks very factory matte with no gloss.

The color is the same but the scent is different, the new scent I can't quite place, but it smells very clean and neutral. It disipates quick too which is what I'd consider ideal for an interior product.

I'm told it features much more substantial UV protection and conditioning properties and thats the stage of the testing that continues. I'm quite impressed with the new product as I'm sure you will be too. Its a nice upgrade over the current juice, but certainly not a total rewrite of the formula.

Hopefully this one doesn't streak on smooth plastics?  If so, I can't wait to try the new one.

Hopefully this one doesn't streak on smooth plastics?  If so, I can't wait to try the new one.

True story! For example, this vehicle has a handful of finishes.. (Interior vinyl, gloss black, carbon fiber, matte, etc) It would be nice to find a product to easily tackle them all streak free!

post-2062-0-43596100-1420517524_thumb.jpg

True story! For example, this vehicle has a handful of finishes.. (Interior vinyl, gloss black, carbon fiber, matte, etc) It would be nice to find a product to easily tackle them all streak free!

Is this a Mazda ?