Customer Service 866.965.0400

Prefered Method for inside wheels?

ExpressThis13

Question

So im making up a list of things I need/want and am undecided between the Turbo stick or wheel woolies. Seeing they are around same price Im wondering what is your guys/gals preferred method for cleaning the inside of your wheels. I have GWC and boars hair wheel brush so I got the face covered this would strictly be for the barrels I want to keep my wheels in good shape both inside and out. Thanks guys.

x5 for woolies,  I had the same deliema for which to pick.  Glad I got the 3 different size woolies.  Makes cleaning the wheel barrels a snap and I like to use them in the engine bay as well.

-Carl

The Turbo Stick works great, but the Wheel Woolies are more versitile.  As the others have said, if you have very tight clearances between the rotors and the wheels, then the Turbo Stick works better. 

I use the woolies, I don't think the stick would work that well with my wheels. 

You should also get the lug nut brush, it's very handy.

i have the smaller turbo stick and it works great on my yukon xl denali with stock wheels. the woolies werent available when i bought it, but id probably go the woolie route if that had been available. dont get me wrong i like my turbo stick but i think the woolies are more versatile. as an aside though, unless you have huge gaps on your wheels, getting the smaller turbo stick is the way to go.

I take my wheels off once a month or every other month (depending on the time I have) to get a good cleaning all around.

The Wheel Woolies are fantastic and hold a ton of soap and cleaner to make it easy cleaning the barrels in between as maintainence.

I have both turbo sticks, wheel woolies, and a wheel woolie not sold by adams that I have yet to try because I love the turbo too much.  I used the woolies after my NiCad battery failed.  I waited about 6 months to replace the battery with a Li Ion battery largely due to the fact that they worked so well.  Once I got the battery, back to the stick I went, it works that well for the wheels I clean.  As others have said, I too believe it really depends on your circumstances.  What wheels are you cleaning, etc.  If it was me, I'd buy the turbo stick set if I could only buy one.

Depends on your wheels. I have both the Turbo Stick and the Wheels Woolies. I have yet to use the Woolies on the my wheels, but I have used the medium on the grill of the '55 and loved it. One set of wheels that I know I will use the Woolies on is on the Tundra. The clearance between the rotors and wheel barrels is too tight for the Turbo Stick, so I am sure the Woolies will be money there.

Each one has its use and purpose... if you're choosing only one then I guess the woolies since you'll have more uses around the car for them, but honestly I don't do a set of wheels without the turbostick anymore. Its just so much easier to let the drill do the work. 

Since your question centers on wheels alone my suggestion would be the turbostick. 

If you want something to do wheels that also lets you clean other parts of the car (the tiny one is great for grills and other tight spots) then the woolies are the better choice. 

Ultimately having both will give you the best of both worlds. 

So im making up a list of things I need/want and am undecided between the Turbo stick or wheel woolies. Seeing they are around same price Im wondering what is your guys/gals preferred method for cleaning the inside of your wheels. I have GWC and boars hair wheel brush so I got the face covered this would strictly be for the barrels I want to keep my wheels in good shape both inside and out. Thanks guys.

Eric, feel free to borrow mine.  I have both and I find the wheel woolies work quite well.  

The powerstick may be a bit faster on the harder to clean wheels though.  

Side note: These wheels on the RAM are bloody HUGE!  Man, they're like 10 inches wide!!!  

I love, no wait, LOVE my wheel woolies. I primarily use the largest from the Adam's set. I also have an angled version that works great for the back of the spokes. I recently pulled off my wheels to do a thorough cleaning and rotation and was shocked to see the bi-weekly washes were leaving the back side of the wheels, including the spokes, spotless. Before the woolies, the inner hoops of my wheels were never this clean. Now they match the rest of the vehicle.

Eric, feel free to borrow mine.  I have both and I find the wheel woolies work quite well.  

The powerstick may be a bit faster on the harder to clean wheels though.  

Side note: These wheels on the RAM are bloody HUGE!  Man, they're like 10 inches wide!!!  

Yeah they are I like it! That's the one thing I like about the RAM good size wheels and they stick out just a little bit past the fender at the top unlike the chevys Ive had. My truck has just about 3500 miles already so the wheels are not bad I just want to maintain them.

I would go for the woolies. When I clean my tires I do APC to the wheel well as well as the tires. And a diluted car shampoo and water to the rims, with a boars hair tire brush for the face of the rims and the woolies for the barrels and all the nooks and crannies. Woolies come in different sizes all for some perfect jobs. Also can use them in other parts of ur car like engine bay and grill.

Edited by 13-Mustang-GT/CS